Serie A: Juventus vs Lazio [April 27 , 2008] (4 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
oh yeah :lol: tomorrow, we seem to have a good chance given all the suspensions and injurys Lazio have, although we can't just write them off.
you can never write any team off, but if we play liek we can we should win this one. im hoping trez can get on the scoresheet as well as alex.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
you can never write any team off, but if we play liek we can we should win this one. im hoping trez can get on the scoresheet as well as alex.
:agree: although it is not other teams that make us win they just give us a better chance. We won't win unless we turn up to the game in the right mentality which has served us well this season, without it we are only half the team we are
meant to be.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
:rofl: ....yeah....!!!
We will win...! :D
I'm being serious here, if we don't turn up with the right attitude we can still mess up this game. How many times have you seen us drop points this season when we turn up to a game in the wrong frame of mind, especially after a big win. However, I do not doubt our teams ability.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I'm being serious here, if we don't turn up with the right attitude we can still mess up this game. How many times have you seen us drop points this season when we turn up to a game in the wrong frame of mind, especially after a big win. However, I do not doubt our teams ability.
:agree: That sense of fear (that we have come acustomed to) that we'll play badly and Ranieri will fuck things up is still very much there

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
:agree: That sense of fear (that we have come acustomed to) that we'll play badly and Ranieri will fuck things up is still very much there
but I have to say we have improved well over this season, we just now need to buy some real good youngish players to improve our team for next season

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
but I have to say we have improved well over this season, we just now need to buy some real good youngish players to improve our team for next season
for sure, recently that feeling has diminished but by no means is it gone whatsoever.. Although it does make the joy of playing well feel better

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
for sure, recently that feeling has diminished but by no means is it gone whatsoever.. Although it does make the joy of playing well feel better
Definetly, I think we also have had the suprise factor on our side this season although I think next season will be very hard and a wake up call for us

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Definetly, I think we also have had the suprise factor on our side this season although I think next season will be very hard and a wake up call for us
I dont think the suprise factor was that significant for us this year.. Milan, Inter & Roma knew they'd be in for a tough game against us and fortunately we played the better football, i dont think suprise had anything to do with it.. And for the smaller teams, i dont wanna go there (beaten by Reggina, held by Empoli & so on)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Serie A Preview: Juventus - Lazio

What: Serie A - Matchday 35
Who: Juventus (3rd, 67 points) vs. Lazio (12th, 40 points)
When: Sunday 27 April 2008, 15:00 CET
Where: Stadio Olimpico di Torino

Bianconeri set sights on stealing second

La Vecchia Signora will be very pleased with her first season back in the top flight. The early season target of fourth place has been achieved and Claudio Ranieri’s men can now set their sights on automatic qualification into the Champions League.

Juventus are in fine form and current second placed side Roma could be set for a drop after a disappointing home draw with Livorno which may not only have ended the Scudetto race, but also saw a horror knee injury to captain Francesco Totti. With the Bianconeri recording a smashing 4-0 win in Bergamo, that automatic place is up for grabs.

Juventus have not had any troubles scoring goals lately. Four goals hit the back of the net last weekend and with two of Serie A’s top forwards in Del Piero and Trezeguet, goals will not be a problem.

Many members of this team are preparing themselves for Euro 2008 and playing themselves into good form. With Juventus taking on a weakened Lazio side here, they have a great chance to continue the winning form.

Battling Biancoceleste hit stumbling block

Lazio were enjoying a mini-revival which saw them pick up good results against Milan, Inter and Roma. However, recent injuries, suspensions, and mixing and matching of the lineup has seen them return to the kind of results they were picking up at the start of the season.

Delio Rossi has used recent matches to give game time to fringe players and many have not impressed with young keeper Nestor Fernando Muslera already having lost his spot after making one howler too many.

Certain players could and should be fighting for their futures in this Lazio side after failing to secure regular football this season. Injuries and suspensions will see them get a chance to impress against Juve who are one of Italy’s inform sides.

The Biancocelesti have a very poor away record with only one victory on their last 21 travels. Their record in Turin is just as bad with only 8 wins in 63 matches, the last coming in 2002. The Aquilotti are going to be up against it, and even a draw would be an exceptional result here.

FORM GUIDE

Juventus

Atalanta - Juventus 0 - 4 20/04/2008 SERIE A

Juventus - Parma 3 - 0 16/04/2008 SERIE A

Juventus - Milan 3 - 2 12/04/2008 SERIE A

Palermo - Juventus 3 - 2 06/04/2008 SERIE A

Inter Milan - Juventus 1 - 2 22/03/2008 SERIE A

Lazio

Catania - Lazio 1 - 0 20/04/2008 SERIE A

Inter Milan - Lazio 0 - 0 16/04/2008 COPPA ITALIA

Lazio - Siena 1 - 1 13/04/2008 SERIE A

Parma - Lazio 2 - 2 06/04/2008 SERIE A

Lazio - Inter Milan 1 - 1 29/03/2008 SERIE A

TEAM NEWS

Juventus

Juve will be without striker Vincenzo Iaquinta, and defenders Alessandro Birindelli and Jorge Andrade. Sissoko and Chiellini return to the side that beat Atalanta 4-0. While Guglielmo Stendardo is unlikely to start, Lazio own his contract and he will certainly have torn allegiances despite saying he would appreciate a permanent deal with the Bianconeri.

Possible Starting XI : Buffon; Zebina, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro; Camoranesi, Sissoko, Zanetti, Nedved; Trezeguet, Del Piero

Lazio

The Lazio side which travel north is missing half of Rossi’s preferred starting lineup. Ledesma, Dabo and Zauri are suspended; Diakhite, Tare and Behrami are injured and gun forward Tommaso Rocchi is also unlikely to feature due to a late injury. With neither Pandev nor Bianchi at full fitness it remains to be seen if they will take their place in the starting side, with Fabio Vignaroli an option should one not be able to take to the field.

Possible Starting XI : Ballotta; De Silvestri, Siviglia, Cribari, Kolarov; Mudingayi, Baronio, Mutarelli; Mauri; Pandev, Bianchi

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)

The inform man of Serie A at present, Ale has something to prove to all of Italian football, particularly CT Roberto Donadoni. His superb form has set Juve alight recently and with a hattrick in Bergamo last weekend, Del Piero has well and truly staked his claims for a place in the Euro squad. He scored twice last time the two teams met and he will once again be the man to watch here.

Stefano Mauri (Lazio)

Mauri has not lived up to his high standards this season. Gone is the form which saw him break into the national set-up last season. Mauri certainly needs to impress in the short time before the end of this season, as he may be looking at a future away from the Stadio Olimpico.

PREDICTION

Juve are in fine form and will come away with a win here.

Juventus 3-1 Lazio

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Call-ups

Buffon, Birindelli, Chiellini, Zebina, Zanetti, Salihamidzic, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Nedved, Belardi, Trezeguet, Palladino, Grygera, Sissoko, Nocerino, Stendardo, Molinaro, Tiago, Marchionni, Legrottaglie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)