[Serie A] Juventus vs. Inter (192 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Indeed, and we have tough opponents to face like Fiorentina, Palermo, Sampdoria, Roma and of course Milan. Hope we can keep up the good work and continue our path to demolish these teams.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Finally we removed the inter curse by beating them in turin , it was a nice first half and a disappointing second half.
Appiati : he was the hero of the match
Canavaro : solid as usual
Kovac : could have scored an own goal , he was not at his best
zambrotta : like cana
camo : his form dropped , not like he was before
veira : his header was saved on the line
emerson : solid
zlatan : nice shot when he was subed , the team seemed like playing with 10 men
trez : nice rebound to score from zlatan shot
dp and zalayatta : nothing worth mentioning.
i was surprised how we played in the second half , this give us an idea about the role that zlatan do by holding the ball and creating chances for other which dp cannot do unfortunitly.
I hope zlatan , trez and thuram injuries is not that bad.

forza juve

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
I agree on some and not all all on some...;)

++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Wow. Championship caliber play today. While the second half was lackluster on our behalf, we made sure Inter couldn't do much to change the weight of the game that was so heavily in our favor from the start.
True.
In first half we owned the midfield. Viera together with Emerson made the difference. Finally we look as strong as ever centrally.
To bad though that we gave up the game and just closed it in second. But with both Ibra and Trez out our options were weaker and fewer.

Abbiatti - seems to have played one of his best matches yet in the bianconeri. I always love it when key subs come in and play big in big games. 6.5
Nice to see Abbiati firm and safe. Great commitment especially when Martens got free.
Looked good in the air witch he hasn’t before.

Blasi - I worry about his speed. He's getting beat a lot with people able to turn corners around him. What saved him in this match was help from the rest of the backline and aggressive tackling. One bad exchange in the back where he got beat almost cost us a goal by Martins, however. 5.5
Blasi makes us 1 up in midfield.
As he often transports ball and follow up in attack we get the advantage in midfield when Cammo wonder in the field.
Defensively he works well and it is just a matter of time before he adjust and get the positioning right.

Thuram - Pretty solid game without many mistakes. Other than one incident of foolish backline passing. 6
+Kovac (50') - Some foolish mistakes in backpasses, etc. But fortunately we didn't have to pay for them. 5.5
6,0 Thuram safe as ever.
6,0 Kovac did one backpass wrong. Other than that he eliminated Adriano with style.

Cannavaro - Solid, though not outstanding, game. Out best spiritual leader when we score goals too. He always seems to be the first to pile on for the goal celebrations, and I like that. :D 6.5
6,5. Solid game.

Zambrotta - Didn't seem as involved as he can be, but another strong point for the backline. 6
Defensively good but we demand more in the offence.
As for all of Juve he dissapered in the second half.

Camoranesi - He needed better cleats. He was sliding a little too much -- falling over out there on occasion. But otherwise, an OK day for him. 6
Our worst player together with Nedved. Did not make much right and his runs wore too few.

Emerson - Brutal. This guy personally gutted the Inter offensive attack like a fisherman on a Genoa pier. 7.5
Man of the match.
To bad the second half brings the grade down 0,5.

Vieira - He's the player I most trust near the ball this season. It seems that everytime he gets his touches, good things happen. And I never have to worry in defensive situations. Pure class. 7
He is the rock in midfield. Creates tranquility and makes everyone else better.
Has to get better in not taking unnecessary yellow cards though.

Nedved - Spent his usual time on the ground, but Inter was hacking out there to a shameful extent. Brilliant free kick to ice the first half. 6.5
Very nice goal!
But other than that, invisible.

Ibrahimovic - A little of the ball hog was leftover from last week, but all in all I think he showed real improvement. When he was on the pitch, he created chaos that kept Inter's defense on edge. And his line-drive free kick netted by Trez created something special to start this match. He had to come off, however, and I hope his injury isn't too serious. Materazzi is a dick. Enough said. 6
+ Del Piero (44') - Not called on to do a lot. He was most effective at taking the Inter whacks and winning free kicks. While not glamorous, it's what our strategy needed in the second half. Still, I wished he could have pushed the counterattack threats a little more, though. 6
7,0 Ibra –
Before getting injured he had everything going.
One touch passing and always in play. The pass to Viera, when he jumped the ball for Nedved (whom got fouled) and got us 3 freekicks near the box. We scored at two of those.
Nice freekick that Trez scored on. When he was subbed we lost a level in our game.

5,5 Del Piero –
Did not create anything. Was very alone and could not do much. But has not the ability to create space for the others as Ibra, that showed clearly.

Trezeguet - Aside of his heads-up play to net the first goal on Cesar's parry of Zlatan's free kick, he didn't seem involved that much -- which is his usual. An average day at the office, IMO. 6
+Zalayeta (60') - Wasn't too effective. 5.5
6,5 Trez –
Very nice goal and helped down the pith as well.
Trez has started this season just excellent.

5,5 Zalayeta –
No, he is not the man. Doesn’t work as a target player even though he’s tall.

Capello - He had the team prepared today, and he showed that he learned a lot from the mistakes in previous Inter match-ups. The team was ready to perform, and they did. For that alone, I have to give him a 6.5
No comments.
He wins.

++ [MOM? Emerson.
Agree.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Holygr4le about dp : Did not create anything. Was very alone and could not do much. But has not the ability to create space for the others as Ibra, that showed clearly.

This say it all why capello prefer zlatan:D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Holygr4le about dp : Did not create anything. Was very alone and could not do much. But has not the ability to create space for the others as Ibra, that showed clearly.

This say it all why capello prefer zlatan:D
yea and another fight begins.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
juves biggest hime win in serie a so far this season, how do you like those apples inter.

the conditions in the deli alpi last nite were fairly bad so i dont know how some people expected zambo neddy and camo to dribble like they normally would.

some people say kovac was dodgy apart from the clearance the almost went in for an og he cleared everything and imo was just as good or even better than thuram considering inter had 3 then 4 strikers on.

zlatan and trez caused inter so many problems in the first half.

and well done to dp and zalayeta the were little in the way of an attacking threat but worked so hard for the team.

and also well done to capello for bringing on zalayeta(even if i would have picked mutu) and not an extra midfielder like gianichedda when trez was injured.

a hugely impressive defensive team performance in the second half.
so ac milan can say the like to entertain but last night showed juve would never give up a 3 goal lead like they did against liverpool.

hope the injuries clear up soon

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Great game by Juve especially first half. Against a quick attack line Adriano/Martins I expected us to concede at least a goal but Abbiati was awesome...finally!

Zlatan proved how important he is for the team. Like it or not, he's our best forward as he offers various attacking options when he's in and no other player in our team can do that. When he left the pitch we stopped creating goal scoring chances and it's no coincidence. Hopefully he will not be out for long.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Materazzi Issues Half-Apology For Horror Tackle On Ibra
10/3/2005 12:01:00 PM
Inter defender Marco Materazzi partially apologized for the foul that forced Zlatan Ibrahimovic to leave the match late in the first half, even though he still considered the horror tackle as ‘part of the game.’
“We clarified ourselves after the match. We hugged, and smiled at each other. It was a foul that occurs during a game. He jumped over me, and I tried to anticipate him, but hit him on the ankle instead. This is how the foul went,” said the Inter defender, who is known for his rough play.

Before these words by Materazzi, Pavel Nedved called the foul ‘a horrendous tackle, something that shouldn’t happen on the pitch.’, while Luciano Moggi blasted Inter as they failed to apologize for the foul. ‘Apologies? What apologies….,” he said.

Ibrahimovic should be able to recover in time for Sweden’s two crucial upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

goal.com

Materazzi is such a f***tard for saying such words. That tackle was so horrendous and yet he treats it as nobody's business. This dirty + overrated player should be banned from football. I can't imagine how Italy will play if he is introduced into the pitch

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Great game by Juve especially first half. Against a quick attack line Adriano/Martins I expected us to concede at least a goal but Abbiati was awesome...finally!

Zlatan proved how important he is for the team. Like it or not, he's our best forward as he offers various attacking options when he's in and no other player in our team can do that. When he left the pitch we stopped creating goal scoring chances and it's no coincidence. Hopefully he will not be out for long.
I think there is a difference here between big games and lesser games. Inter was our first real test this year and I'm relieved we could overcome. And I have no qualms about playing the strongest in these matches, because we need to win them. I still think we should manage our resources well and that means everyone should play but in the biggest matches, always play the strongest team. And by what people have said, Del Piero was out muscled in this physical encounter.

The issues I had with Capello at the start of the season are pretty much a non-issue now. The only thing I still miss is more of Mutu, he needs to play more to build up his confidence, at the expense of Nedved or Zlatan or Del Piero. Otherwise everything is going really well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Come on, Zizou, that's very shortsighted. No, we didn't create chances anymore, but it already was 2-0 when he left the pitch. I agree that Zlatan played a very important role last night, but he was still hogging the ball too much. For example he "earned" us a free kick (which Nedved would score), but he could have put Camoranesi alone on goal. If it wasn't for Nedved, that would have been one awful decision from Zlatan.

And though Materazzi's tackle was horrendous and should have been a straight red, Zlatan also hogged the ball in that action. If he hadn't done so, he wouldn't have gotten injured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 192)