[Serie A] Juventus vs. Inter (119 Viewers)

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Marty ] ++

Yup, I am. They were disappointed like the rest of us. :p
Niiiice, so you will post goal after the match right? I hope hes not seriously injured, Juve really need him and so do the Swedish nt against Croatia.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Damn that Materazzi. I always thought he was better as a wrestler than a footballer.

He almost injured Zlatan. Anyway, DP will provide us with more movement of the ball in the 2nd half.

Zlatan was hogging the ball again. He just didn't seem to want to let go of it. The injury is perhaps a result of his ball hogging as he should've passed to Camo earlier.

DP will provide is with more possession in the 2nd half and more movement from everyone which will be good because Inter will be trying to attack which means that they will leave gaps at the back which we could exploit.

As we all know, Nedved-DP-Trez can unlock defenses between the three of them alone.

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Inter's defenders deserve red cards, all of them

My key encounters:

Zambrotta again paralyses Figo.
Blasi did a great job against Stankovic, I was very impressed.
Emerson definitely packed Pizzarro in a box, sealed it, posted it and sent it back to a place very far away.
Vieira did the same thing with Cambiasso.

Was Adriano playing?
i hope we keep it up in the 2nd half!

forza juve

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Zlatan was hogging the ball again. He just didn't seem to want to let go of it. The injury is perhaps a result of his ball hogging as he should've passed to Camo earlier.
Man, dont start! His ball hogging was close to minimal in this match and if you noticed he got us four freekicks in great position in which 2 of them led to a goal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Great first half from our boys as Inter has not been able to get much going and we have taken our chances superbly thus far. We are owning the midfield and that is where battles are won and lost when you have two equal and world class clubs out on the pitch.

Adriano and Martins have been limited to only a couple of chances around our goal and the only time we have been troubled was after a Figo freekick and a nice exchange play between Adriano and Martins in which Abbiati bravely risked his face to capture the ball...well done Abbiati.

We have been shutting down Pizarro and that was one of the keys to the match...without him getting involved Inter do not have any ideas how to break through our two walls of four. Figo has had some nice runs, however every time he turns a corner or gets around a defender another Juve player steps in and shuts him down.

Nedved's freekick was simply stunning and looked exactly like the one he missed just wide about ten minutes before the goal. Ibrahimovic looked good until fvckface Materazzi slid in and took out his legs...Inter should be playing with ten men right now.

Anyways, we just need to continue to mount attacks and challenge the Inter defense. The worst thing we could do now is just sit back and let Inter run at us...one of these times they will undoubtedly make us pay with all their skill. I would like to see Camoranesi get involved a bit more because Favalli is not the strongest defender on the pitch and Stankovic is always up field.

FORZA JUVE

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yep. Adriano is playing. Martins is getting the better looks, however.

But whatan awesome first half. We look like playas. We look like Italian champions. We look like we have every right to boast our record out there. And while we know from last year how we cannot get complacent with a two-goal lead against these guys, we OWNED Inter out there. :fero: On your knees, pups. You don't belong out there with the big dogs. :D

So most of our scoring chances came from free kick situations, but we still are putting together the best threats by far. Inter is being opportunistic, but there are a few factors keeping them down. For one, Vieira and Emerson in midfield control. Emerson is looking pretty bulldoggish out there thus far -- should make any Edgar Davids fan proud.

Blasi is lunging on smart tackles. While he seems to get beat a bit too often than I care for, he is showing great and controlled aggression in defense.

Abbiatti still makes me hella nervous because the guy can't seem to control a ball coming his way on the first try. No matter what, it seems like he's guaranteed one bounce off his palms. But his instincts seem much better -- he is in the right positions, and he's interfering with the Inter attack in a way that's smart and effective. I just hope he keeps that up while gathering the ball a lot better.

And our passing, considering all the rain, looks very good out there. Some nice exchanges between players, etc.

This has to be one of the proudest halves I've witnessed as a juventino this season. Forza Juve!!

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Great first half from our boys as Inter has not been able to get much going and we have taken our chances superbly thus far. We are owning the midfield and that is where battles are won and lost when you have two equal and world class clubs out on the pitch.

Adriano and Martins have been limited to only a couple of chances around our goal and the only time we have been troubled was after a Figo freekick and a nice exchange play between Adriano and Martins in which Abbiati bravely risked his face to capture the ball...well done Abbiati.

We have been shutting down Pizarro and that was one of the keys to the match...without him getting involved Inter do not have any ideas how to break through our two walls of four. Figo has had some nice runs, however every time he turns a corner or gets around a defender another Juve player steps in and shuts him down.

Nedved's freekick was simply stunning and looked exactly like the one he missed just wide about ten minutes before the goal. Ibrahimovic looked good until fvckface Materazzi slid in and took out his legs...Inter should be playing with ten men right now.

Anyways, we just need to continue to mount attacks and challenge the Inter defense. The worst thing we could do now is just sit back and let Inter run at us...one of these times they will undoubtedly make us pay with all their skill. I would like to see Camoranesi get involved a bit more because Favalli is not the strongest defender on the pitch and Stankovic is always up field.

FORZA JUVE
A nice summary of the first half, I agree with your points completely. Let's see what DP can do in the second half, I hope he's on fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)