[Serie A] Juventus vs. Inter (215 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
I don't think this match is a Must win match,but I would be satisfied with any result other than defeat,as long as we stay in top of the table
Every-match is a must win match.........

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Man...I never got to post my match analysis for the Rapid game....the damn thread is locked !!!

Imo, DP should get the start in this game, seeing as though every time he is on the field lately, he is playing very well

I watched the Inter-Rangers match today, and Inter looked like shit. Adraino didnt play, but I think our defense can shut him down

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Man...I never got to post my match analysis for the Rapid game....the damn thread is locked !!!

Imo, DP should get the start in this game, seeing as though every time he is on the field lately, he is playing very well

I watched the Inter-Rangers match today, and Inter looked like shit. Adraino didnt play, but I think our defense can shut him down

That's good news:D 1-0

Rangers are Serie B at best, right?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Actually, Vinman, I would have loved to have read it.

Unfortunately, the thread became an insult dumping ground and something had to be done. If you'd like, PM me your write up and I will post it there with your attribution (though you won't get the +1 post credit to your tally ;) ).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zé Tahir ] ++
Swag, are you watching the Corinthians x River Plate game? if there's anyone on this forum I know it would be you :D Damn FSC isn't showin it!
That sounds like an awesome game. But alas, you give me too much credit. :D

Would be interested to hear how Abramovich, errr, I mean Corinthians fare against RP. ;)

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
Our first big match of the season.

Up until now Juve has been very solid, especially in midfield. But we're yet to face a team that can at least compete with our midfield, Inter will be our first challenge.

Although Inter have some good forwards in their squad, they've only managed to score 3 goals in their last 3 games, we scored 6. Although their defence has been very strong after fixing their problems from the match against Palermo. While our defence is still a bit shaky at times.

It's obvious that Inter's main attacking threat is from the wings, hopefully Zamrotta will be able to block Figo. While on the right side Stankovic will be a bit of a problem, Pessotto's marking hasn't been the best this season, and Blasi seems to be a bit confused at times, but I still rather play Blasi since Pessotto might be too old to face Stankovic's runs during the whole match.

Here's what I think Capello's formation will be:

-------------------Abbiati--------------------

Blasi------Thuram------Canna----Zambro

------------ Vieira--------Emerson----------

Camoranesi ------------------------Nedved

-------Ibrahimovic-------Trezeguet--------

Although IMO it would be better if Kovac plays instead of Thuram. Thuram hasn't reached top form after recovering from his injury, and we can't afford any mistakes in this match. Del Piero and Mutu should be introduced sometime in the 2nd have to provide more creativity in case we're having problems. DP should be subbed with Ibra or Trez, Mutu with Camo or Nedved.

In the end, I think this will be a tight game, probably a 1-0 win with a Trezeguet header from a setpiece.

We should be careful of Cruz though, he has a good record against Juve.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
My prediction:

Juventus 3 Inter 1

Juventus goalscorers:
Del Piero
Nedved
Mutu

Inter goalscorers: Adriano will be subbed because Canna would've shut him out all night long. Whoever replaces him will get a late consolation goal while Canna would be going in search of the fourth Juve goal.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
THis is the first big match in serie A, I know it isnt a do or die for the scudetto but it will crush Inter's mentality if we defeat them. We know how fragile Inter's mentality is so I wont be surprise if they start playing inconsistantly after suffering a loss from us.

I think with a full team we will manage a 3-1 score, with the third goal coming out of a counter attack as inter push everybody forward for the counter attack.
Scorers : Trezeguet, Vieira, Mutu

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Since the Rapid Champions League match thread was closed due to imbecilic behavior, I will just do my match report here.

Against Rapid we were quite average for most of the match, and even for the first 15 minutes of the second half we were being matched and perhaps outplayed by RAPID WIEN at the Delle Alpi. I could not believe my eyes that they were actually getting chances against us...after a half of purely uninspiring football from the Austrians in the first half...make that from both sides. We really looked lackluster in the first half against a side that seemed as hopeless as Blasi trying to score a freekick.

Second half was more of the same nonchalant play and Rapid even came close to levelling the score in the first few minutes of the second 45. It was not until Capello brought on Mutu that we finally started to take the game to Rapid the way the best teams should. Mutu took a role on the left flank and the seemingly rejuvenated Nedved occupied the space Camoranesi vacated...basically a trident up top and Rapid could not handle us. Mutu scored his first goal with ease and finally Ibrahimovic scored his first this season after wasting quite a few chances earlier.

The trident with Mutu, Zlatan, and Alex looked great as we were able to move the ball around nicely and create a lot of chances, however that is what I would expect of Juventus against such inferior opposition. Both Juventus and Inter are coming off of lackluster displays in the midweek, however I think we should put these punks in their place of Sunday.

Personally I thought Thuram and Emerson had great games with Ibrahimovic, Mutu, and Nedved doing some nice things out there as well.

Nedved was very active and even though his touch was not all that great he is showing signs of improvement.

Ibrahimovic certainly played for himself out there and not the team and Capello is right with his comments after the match. The guy still played well though throughout most of the match.

Abbiati did not worry me this match....WOW.

And once the trident came on everybody looked better...thankfully.

Now lets own these Inter crybabies just like Lazio did in 2002.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 214)