[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Genoa (11/13/08) (30 Viewers)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Really looking forward to the game buy just one thing concerns me. Sculli, Paro, Palladino and Criscito all have played for Juventus. I know Paro is injured but the other 3 will have extra motivation to play to a higher standard than they normally do.

So surley in the case of Palladino and Criscito who Juve still have a 50% ownership they should have included an option where they cannot play in the matches against Juve thus significantly weakening Genoa which would make it easier for Juve.

I know its nice for the fans to see Palladino and Criscito play to judge if they are good enough to come back to Juve, and ideally both of them play well and Juve still collect the 3 points.

But what if both star and palla even manages a goal or 2 and genoa draw or win the match.

This will probably lead to some, we are Juve, these players were not good enough for us so let them play it will not matter comments.

But i think with the league table so close this year facing players with extra motivation and determination is making life more difficult for us when a simple clause in the contract could be implemented.

Anyway Juve to win 2-1 in a tough tight match. 1 each for Amauri and DP

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
While speculation is mounting that Del Piero will be rested for this game, in preparation for the Inter match, I cannot help feeling that we need to look at one match at a time.

To this end I would say that we need Alex on the field for a big chunk of the Genoa match. They are proving to be a hard side to beat and are well manged by a coach many believe is better than Ranieri. This Genoa squad must not be underestimated.

I's start with this :-

-------------------------Manninger-------------------------

Grygera-------Legrottalie------Chiellini ------- Molinaro

Marchionni----Sissoko--------Tiago----------De Ceglie--

-----------------Amauri--------Del Piero-------------------

Subs to bring on to give some playing (say around 60') irrespective of the score, unless someone is on a hat-trick, s/be Iaquinta, Camoranesi and Nedved.

Subs: Giovinco
Chiementi
Iaquinta
Camoranesi
Mellberg
Marchisio

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
I fail to see the need to rest players when there is a 9 day gap between this game and the Inter game.

The only reason is that a few players have played quite a lot of games recently and actually may be tired and have some muscle fatigue for the Genoa game, and it may be the case that they are not 100% for this game rather than resting them for inter, they may be resting them because they are not in good condition for this game and dont want them to pick up any muscle starins or tears which would be more likely to happen if they have fatigue.

But i agree that wholesale changes should be advoided and i would start our strongest team Del Piero included and if he is tired take him off after an hour.
It is better to start our best team get ahead and make changes when we are ahead and in control rather than bring players on for half an hour to try and rescue a victory.

This game is as important as inter as each has a reward of 3 points it would be insane to drop points at home to genoa then get a positive result in the san siro.

Plus if juve win they go level on points with inter and that will increase the pressure on them who have a tough away match to palermo on saturday.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The only reason is that a few players have played quite a lot of games recently and actually may be tired and have some muscle fatigue for the Genoa game, and it may be the case that they are not 100% for this game rather than resting them for inter, they may be resting them because they are not in good condition for this game and dont want them to pick up any muscle starins or tears which would be more likely to happen if they have fatigue.

But i agree that wholesale changes should be advoided and i would start our strongest team Del Piero included and if he is tired take him off after an hour.
It is better to start our best team get ahead and make changes when we are ahead and in control rather than bring players on for half an hour to try and rescue a victory.

This game is as important as inter as each has a reward of 3 points it would be insane to drop points at home to genoa then get a positive result in the san siro.

Plus if juve win they go level on points with inter and that will increase the pressure on them who have a tough away match to palermo on saturday.

Sure.

My point was that folk shouldn't be rested because of the Inter game. If folk are tired and not able to give their best, it may be best for someone else to play, but that is the case for every game.

However, folk suggesting that Nedved should be rested for Inter, when he just had a rest and the game isn't for a while, is just foolish.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
While speculation is mounting that Del Piero will be rested for this game, in preparation for the Inter match, I cannot help feeling that we need to look at one match at a time.

To this end I would say that we need Alex on the field for a big chunk of the Genoa match. They are proving to be a hard side to beat and are well manged by a coach many believe is better than Ranieri. This Genoa squad must not be underestimated.

Subs to bring on to give some playing (say around 60') irrespective of the score, unless someone is on a hat-trick, s/be Iaquinta, Camoranesi and Nedved.

Chiementi
Iaquinta
Camoranesi
Mellberg
Marchisio

I think this will be fairly close to the team, but i tthink molinaro will not play as ranieri will not risk him getting suspended. so de ceglie will be LB. Nedved will return but you never know maybe Giovinco will start instead but i doubt it. I would like to see camo start and let him play for a good 60 or 65 minutes to bring on his fitness form and confidence then sub him out for Marchionni

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Sure.

My point was that folk shouldn't be rested because of the Inter game. If folk are tired and not able to give their best, it may be best for someone else to play, but that is the case for every game.

However, folk suggesting that Nedved should be rested for Inter, when he just had a rest and the game isn't for a while, is just foolish.

Totally agree with you if the player is in good condtion now they can easily play both games.Neddy for example will be 100% now after resting v chievo 9 days is more than enough for him aand everyone else to be 100% ready for inter.

If you totally rest DP he will have been inactive for 16 days and if neddy is rested and his last game was against madrid so a longer period without playing 19-20 days basically 3 weeks. Long breaks like that could be counterproductive to players in good form leading them to turn in a sub standard performance againts inter in the derby d'italia.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
We have 2 very difficult matches in next 10 days and it will be for sure easier to get 3 points at home against Genoa , than against Inter.

CR will play strongest team tomorrow, and there is no doubt about it. Question will be as Eire said, does DP have enough stamina to continue while providing his best.

Im sure CR will be very careful about this match.

and just dont say that Genoa coach is better than CR please...

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007

Chiementi
Iaquinta
Camoranesi
Mellberg
Marchisio
And no-one said that he is better than Ranieri.

Yet.
You like to skip posts don't you?

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
To hell with resting players, we need those 3 points. And there's more than enough time for them to recover stamina before the Inter match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)