[Serie A] Juventus vs Chievo (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Del Piero used to be as big as Lippi and that combination proved to be succesful.
Yeah, one of those outlandish cases that rarely works. A player should not be as big as a coach in football because the latter is the person who is in charge. If a player is as big as a coach, something has to be wrong.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Del Piero used to be as big as Lippi and that combination proved to be succesful.

And thats why at least 3 players who were in better form than Del Piero left the club.

There always has to be a boss. No player can be equal or bigger than the coach. Thats the way it has to be.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

And thats why at least 3 players who were in better form than Del Piero left the club.

There always has to be a boss. No player can be equal or bigger than the coach. Thats the way it has to be.
hi Zlatan,
which player do you mean??

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Kovačević, Di Vaio, Miccoli.
well, we can not compare DP with these players. DP is the symbol of juve. Kovacevic was not better than DP... even in spain he is not very succesfull now..
I can not say anything about Miccoli, he was not bad in his only season with juve but definitly not better than DP, and DP has more international experience.. the problem was the miccoli played with juve in a season where juve was not strong...
Di Vaio was really good, he was not as good as his time at parma, but I believe that he was goona be very useful for juve.. we could have sold Zalayeta and kept di vaio and no sell DP....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

well, we can not compare DP with these players. DP is the symbol of juve. Kovacevic was not better than DP... even in spain he is not very succesfull now..
I can not say anything about Miccoli, he was not bad in his only season with juve but definitly not better than DP, and DP has more international experience.. the problem was the miccoli played with juve in a season where juve was not strong...
Di Vaio was really good, he was not as good as his time at parma, but I believe that he was goona be very useful for juve.. we could have sold Zalayeta and kept di vaio and no sell DP....

I'm not neccessarily saying they were better players than Del Piero, but what I am saying is that they were in much better form when they were warming the bench for him.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
I must tell you something.. I did not like the atmosphere between our players yesterday.. Trez scored our first goal of the season and nobody celebrated the goal really..
and then the scene between Zlatan and Trez. I mean it was clear that Trez could not have seen Ibra, so why had Ibra reacted so heavey..?? it was really strange. I thought all the time that Zlatan will get a red card.. somehow he did not have the right motivation..
zlatan was very selfish, it was better for him to pass the ball in soem ocassion yesterday

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

I'm not neccessarily saying they were better players than Del Piero, but what I am saying is that they were in much better form when they were warming the bench for him.
Ok, I agree... I don´t think that DP or any other player should have a first 11 garantie.. I liked it last season at he beginn when Cappello was rotaiting in attack, zlatan-trez, zlatan-dp, trez-dp..

he must do the same again...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Putting Zalayeta in the game over DP is pure STUPIDITY !!!!

Capello said:

"I needed a player with a few more centimetres for the aerial balls, both in attack and defence," the Coach added.

"The game was still in doubt. Had that not been the case then I could have put on Del Piero."[/ QUOTE]

So, if we had the game in the bag, and had nothing to lose, it would have been ok to put DP in the game ???:confused:

CRAP is a FVCKING JOKE !!!!!:fero:

kthx

Mar 26, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Nedved was indeed average for a lot of last season, mainly due to lack of match fitness and reoccuring injury. Last year towards the end of the season Nedved had some typical good performances, especially the matches against Lecce, Lazio, and the big game against Milan.

As for Nedved being called out as holding the team back....I do not agree. He certainly was not holding the team back last season when he dribbled around half the Lazio defense and struck with his left foot in the upper 90 to win us the match at Stadio Olimpico. He was not holding us back against Milan when he was very much involved both offensively and defensively. Now Nedved has had one bad match to start off the season and everybody is calling for his head....fact of the matter is it's too early to tell how a player will perform throughout the season, and if I remember correctly Nedved did not play that much during the summer, so indeed he is probably still a little rusty. If he continues to have terrible performances like he did last night all the way through September I would be worried of course, but not only after the first match. Give the guy a chance to regain his form. You know you would ask that for Del Piero. ;)
Andy my man, obviously he wasn't holding us back when he scored that great goal against Lazio, and neither was he holding us back when he scored that free kick against Bologna... but that doesn't mean that in general he was indeed holding us back. Average is not good enough for such a delicate position on the football field. When Kaka is average, the entire Milan team is average... when Zidane is average Real Madrid is a joke.... and Nedved's been average for more than a year now.... I have no doubt as to what's the reason Juve finds it so difficult to create and always look AVERAGE, even against inferior teams.

The thing about giving him time to regain his form just cracked me up :) You do realize that ever since he returned from injury, Capello never even subbed him (bar once or twice for the sake of accuracy) let alone benched him...When Nedved returned we shelved the 4-3-3 that got us playing exciting football again and past teams like Real Madrid only to return to the boring Nedved-driven 4-4-2 where we couldn't even create 2 decent chances at home to an inferior Liverpool team. I believe Nedved's started all the preseason friendlies ( including the Asian Tour) and has had more than adequate time to regain that form that's been missing since 03/04 and which I believe he'll never regain seeing as he's 33!

Nedved, by the way, was piss poor against Milan last season and scored IIRC a 5.5 according to most of the ratings.;)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

As for Capello not being able to get the job done with what he has....that is both correct and incorrect. When he was with Milan he got the job done without even using Savicevic half the time, while at Juventus he pretty much got the job done last year with a decent but below average Juventus squad. Every coach has his preferences, and we needed Emerson and Zlatan to begin with last season, even without the presence of Capello, if that is what you're alluding to.
I think you know what I'm alluding to. And it has more to do with this season's mercato than last. Below average Juventus squad? I shudder to think what Lippi would've done with the squad Capello is going to have at his disposal this season.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Yeah, one of those outlandish cases that rarely works. A player should not be as big as a coach in football because the latter is the person who is in charge. If a player is as big as a coach, something has to be wrong.
I'm in complete agreement. A football club cannot be administered as a case for two equals. The boss is there for a reason and he should rightfully be bigger than any player. As for somebody pointing out that Lippi and Del Piero were equals. I think that had more to do with Lippi letting Del Piero take center stage because he was his protege more than anything else.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by kthx ] ++

Andy my man, obviously he wasn't holding us back when he scored that great goal against Lazio, and neither was he holding us back when he scored that free kick against Bologna... but that doesn't mean that in general he was indeed holding us back. Average is not good enough for such a delicate position on the football field. When Kaka is average, the entire Milan team is average... when Zidane is average Real Madrid is a joke.... and Nedved's been average for more than a year now.... I have no doubt as to what's the reason Juve finds it so difficult to create and always look AVERAGE, even against inferior teams.
Nedved was certainly not at his best last season and was average most of the time, however the fact stemmed from the various injuries the guy suffered throughout the duration of the season. Even if Nedved indeed holds one of the most important positions on the pitch, which is a questionable notion itself, and even if we looked average because of these facts, we still won the Scudetto with below average play. I'm not sure if all these opinions add up correctly. I certainly cannot wholeheartedly sit here and say Nedved has no place in Juventus anymore because of his crappy play that was most of which due to his extensive injuries last season. He should at least be given a chance to regain his form once and for all, something we can certainly wait for over the next month of matches.

Oh, and I concur with you that he should be subbed much more than he usually is (about never).
The thing about giving him time to regain his form just cracked me up :) You do realize that ever since he returned from injury, Capello never even subbed him (bar once or twice for the sake of accuracy) let alone benched him...When Nedved returned we shelved the 4-3-3 that got us playing exciting football again and past teams like Real Madrid only to return to the boring Nedved-driven 4-4-2 where we couldn't even create 2 decent chances at home to an inferior Liverpool team. I believe Nedved's started all the preseason friendlies ( including the Asian Tour) and has had more than adequate time to regain that form that's been missing since 03/04 and which I believe he'll never regain seeing as he's 33!
Sure, I might be wrong, but so could you. Unfortunately I was unable to see any of the preseason matches because of my very busy summer, so I cannot comment on his play thoughout those matches. What I am going on is his performances from last season, specifically towards the end when Nedved finally was fit again, a period around the Lecce and Lazio dates on the calender. In some of those matches he showed promise and the old Nedved was seemingly born again, even if for the brief spell it was. You might laugh about my comment of giving him more time to regain his form, however being such a Del Piero fan as I know you are you should at least understand this concept of mine. ;)

And anyway, Moggi will 90% purchase Cassano within the next day IMO, so I have a feeling Capello will field the 4-3-3 with Zlatan, Trezeguet and Cassano forming the trident in attack. My opinions on the matter aside, that would solve this little problem about Nedved and Cassano will control the left flank to himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)