[Serie A] Juventus vs Chievo (1 Viewer)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Normally I wouldn't say we'd be in trouble if Ibrahimovic fails to step up his game because of the depth of talent we have in the forward department, but if Capello stubbornly maintains his Zlatan-only policy we'll have a problem on our hands.

People who are writing off Zlatan's performance as a one-off have conveniently forgotten that this kid has always possessed the temperament to screw up games for his teammates when things don't go his way.What is the bloody use of having Mutu if you're not going to put him on the bench??Leaving a player of his calibre in the reserves is a luxury even clubs like Inter and Real do not have.

Presumptous as it may seem, I think Capello's insistence on playing Zlatan is due to his determination to see his preferred combination of Trezeguet-Zlatan work to shut up his critics and the Del Piero defenders.He probably wanted Zlatan to score a goal pretty badly to justify his untouchable (contrary to what Capello would have us believe) status in the team, so there was no chance of him taking Zlatan off.In fact if he'd prolly have a better chance of getting subbed if he scored, or at least played well, which he didn't.
Spot on, des

I am confident about the team performance, as it is just the first game of the season.
But what worries me his the attitude of zlatan, as it didnt evolve from last season. If he doesnt change his attitude towards the team play and Capello keep him playing full time then we are in trouble, we can finish eating s**t this season...

The only way to see DP playing games this season is if Capello get a serious injury....:cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
But what worries me his the attitude of zlatan, as it didnt evolve from last season. If he doesnt change his attitude towards the team play and Capello keep him playing full time then we are in trouble, we can finish eating s**t this season...
Can you imagine both Zlatan and Cassano both at Juve having their temper tantrums at the same time?

If Cassano's coming this week, I'm buying stock in Pampers.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Can you imagine both Zlatan and Cassano both at Juve having their temper tantrums at the same time?

If Cassano's coming this week, I'm buying stock in Pampers.
hahahaha

Great one.:D

kthx

Mar 26, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

What, after one horrible match? Please. Pavel has been a fantastic player for Juventus these past four years, so lets give him a bit more respect than that.
Not really one horrible match. Nedved had been at best average all through last season and more often than not below par and invisible but no one seems to notice. It comes as no surprise to me at all that he only managed 3 or 4 assists throughout the season....

We've been suffering from the lack of creativity since the 03/04 season, and even if a deep-lying midfielder ala Pirlo or Pizzarro could have helped add that missing dimension to our Juve, it's Nedved who's holding the team back nowadays. You find him being commended for effort and stamina when he's just running around making simple passes the whole time, no killer pass, no killer cross no nothing. He's not effective as an attacking midfielder behind the strikers nor is he effective as a left winger anymore.

And he's freaking 33 years of age and playing the entire 90 minutes as the starting main attacking midfielder for the champions of Italy. That's not right, he should be making second half appearances at best, he's not even half the Nedved of 2003 and it more than shows.

I have nothing against Nedved, I loved him when he was one of our best players in the past seasons but he's just not good enough to lead our attacks anymore... we need a replacement very soon. That's why I was hoping for the team to revert to 4-3-3 where Del Piero and Mutu could come in very handy... but apparently there's no chance of that with that coward Crapello in charge.

May 18, 2005
this game was stupid del piero should have started but coach did not put him in and even when zlatan had crap plays he still played him. del piero should have played but he did not and that blame goes to the coach who is a idiot. :(

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Dan, we indeed choose to support Juventus, however that does not mean we cannot question the decisions our club makes in the board room, transfer market, and out on the field of play. That is the beauty of being a supporter.

That said, some of the treatment Capello recieves is indeed unfair. Once something happens that totally pisses a fan off he seems to lose all objectivity and resorts to insults. Rather sad if you ask me that we have to be sifting through pages and pages of worthless insults directed at staff and players. Grow up people.
Anders, I've got to say, it would be a brash statement to make if we say Capello recieves unfair treatment. To be honest, at times, so does Del Piero. Yes, when put into context you do realise we're doing such things for the good of the team. And all that jazz.

Fact of the matter remains, Capello doesnt adapt to the environment he is handed, he needs to make it his own to actually achieve success over a period of time. My take on the situation is Lippi has done more with less and that is why I personally think him to be better suited to us. Although its pointless me harping about a Lippi vs Capello situation because quite frankly it does not exist. On one hand, Capello is willing to do away with Del Piero which is fine by me and even better for Del Piero because he'll atleast have a shot somewhere else, but on the other he has this incessant need for Cassano/Mancini to be drafted in at any cost. Yes, it would be bad to miss out on a talent like Cassano, very true. But at what cost? We're going to have to sell Del Piero, trade in Mutu who by the way is just as good, if not better on his day and Chiellini and a cash sum, sign an additional sponsor so that we can pay his salary, all so that Capello can have his way. I understand Capello is a fan of Zlatan, which is fair enough and even stand by his decision to keep him there for 90 minutes to give him that playing time to get in to form. But I think his method is a risky one and may not necessarily bear fruit in the long run. In addition, an unwillingness to work with people who he hasnt worked with before, and those that at least merit a chance, case in point: Mutu, does really speak for his coaching abilities, or in this case the lack of them.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kthx ] ++

Not really one horrible match. Nedved had been at best average all through last season and more often than not below par and invisible but no one seems to notice. It comes as no surprise to me at all that he only managed 3 or 4 assists throughout the season....

We've been suffering from the lack of creativity since the 03/04 season, and even if a deep-lying midfielder ala Pirlo or Pizzarro could have helped add that missing dimension to our Juve, it's Nedved who's holding the team back nowadays. You find him being commended for effort and stamina when he's just running around making simple passes the whole time, no killer pass, no killer cross no nothing. He's not effective as an attacking midfielder behind the strikers nor is he effective as a left winger anymore.

And he's freaking 33 years of age and playing the entire 90 minutes as the starting main attacking midfielder for the champions of Italy. That's not right, he should be making second half appearances at best, he's not even half the Nedved of 2003 and it more than shows.

I have nothing against Nedved, I loved him when he was one of our best players in the past seasons but he's just not good enough to lead our attacks anymore... we need a replacement very soon. That's why I was hoping for the team to revert to 4-3-3 where Del Piero and Mutu could come in very handy... but apparently there's no chance of that with that coward Crapello in charge.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nedved is no longer the 90 minute player we would like him to be. He's 33 years of age, and I dont see him having any more contribution than a useful substitute. Lets hope Moggi and Capello see the dire need of a worthy substitute for him, and one that will see us holding on to Adrian Mutu.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Frank ] ++
this game was stupid del piero should have started but coach did not put him in and even when zlatan had crap plays he still played him. del piero should have played but he did not and that blame goes to the coach who is a idiot. :(

Not another one :wallbang:

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,149
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    Moggi was on Domenica Sportiva and he insist that Cassano is not coming, and that Mutu was not in the bench for tactical reasons ( :wallbang: )...

Moggi also talk about the new kid Gladstone... he confirm the signing... funny note is that everybody was wondering who is tjis kid, also one of the guest said has a joke that he was amazed coz Juventus had signed on of the Flinstones :D:D

On other note: Buffon also was in the program :proud: and so was his grilfriend... and must say DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!! that girl is HOT!! :D:D:D

Capello was interview.... he said that he was happy with the team, and the the only reason becouse Juve didn't score more was becouse Fontana had a great nigth... Makes you wonder how come every goalkeeper in Serie A performaces better when they played against Juve...
    O my God. That boy is incorrigible.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Capello content with Juve start Sunday 28 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bianconeri may not have put in one of their best performances, but Fabio Capello and David Trezeguet insist the result is what counts.

“At a certain point of the match I did get worried,” conceded the Coach following their 1-0 win over Chievo this evening. “The ball just wasn’t going in and we couldn’t double our lead. Our opponents are a good side and we couldn’t relax until the final whistle.”

Trezeguet’s header was enough to ensure Juve’s title defence started on the right track and goalkeeper Alberto Fontana prevented him from scoring more with some great saves.

“When you create so many chances and don’t make the most of them, there’s always the risk you’ll pay for those errors,” continued Capello. “I am happy with how the team played and our victory was deserved.”

Trezeguet was expected to leave Turin this summer with offers from Barcelona and Chelsea, but he netted their first of the season.

“The important thing today was to win,” noted the Frenchman. “It was a decent performance, even if we were a little tired in the second half and it’s always pleasing to score. Now we’ll look ahead past the break for international duty, but everyone in Serie A is working their way towards full fitness.”

Chievo had their fair share of scoring opportunities at the Stadio Delle Alpi, although they continued their unenviable record of having lost all nine Serie A meetings with Juventus.

“We should have put more pressure on them higher up the field,” said Coach Bepi Pillon on his Serie A debut. “The crosses into the box should’ve been snuffed out before reaching Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Trezeguet. We had a great chance with Sergio Pellissier and, if we’d believed a bit more, perhaps we could have equalised.”

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Bad performance in general , i dont know we dont play the fast on the ground football instead we play the english style of long ball to no where , why?

pessoto came instead of zabina and was better than him , imo he should be the starter.

zlatan was horrible , he should be sub in the second half , and let dp play , i dont know why cappello did not let him play?

abbiati was shaky , cana and thuram were ok

the most important thing that why we dont dominate a match with a team like chievo ?

galma

Aug 13, 2005
    thank god,I'm not the only one who can see zlatat with realistic eyes,he was sworing at trezza when he missed becouse of him,he was not cheering or enjoy at the goal.at least he could pretend he is enjoing that,he just stand there and whatch his teamates ,why?last year I remember he was a teamplayer...

MUTU must stay at juve,if not I will be angry with moggi for the rest of my life,or his :angel:goddamit

MUTU >>>>>>casano
    10 7
    very good average

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by galma ] ++
    thank god,I'm not the only one who can see zlatat with realistic eyes,he was sworing at trezza when he missed becouse of him,he was not cheering or enjoy at the goal.at least he could pretend he is enjoing that,he just stand there and whatch his teamates ,why?last year I remember he was a teamplayer...

MUTU must stay at juve,if not I will be angry with moggi for the rest of my life,or his :angel:goddamit

MUTU >>>>>>casano
    10 7
    very good average
    I agree MUtu should play in every game , he is class

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    Well…, I use to be very critical against Juve but have to say that the only thing that mattered was the 3 points.

Ok, we had some problem.
    Zlatan was unstable and Neddy got out of the game occasionally. But it doesn’t matter.

Then there are some other things to speculate about.
    Like the fact that Mutu wasn’t even on the bench = he’s out.
    DP did not play 1 second. Why? Is he on his way to? Or is just Capello keeping him in a tight leash?

Anyway, this second half we just ate them in the midfield and I believe that we’ll have to get used seeing Juve play like that this season.
    As long as were getting those 3-pointers I will not complain!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Capello was interview.... he said that he was happy with the team, and the the only reason becouse Juve didn't score more was becouse Fontana had a great nigth... Makes you wonder how come every goalkeeper in Serie A performaces better when they played against Juve...
    Indeed Fontana had a great night with some blinding saves. Easy win for Juve in a completely Juve way of doing things.
    I concur with Baggio, Neddy is past it. It would have interesting to see Mutu play behind the 2 strikers in the second half. Many people are moaning about DP not coming on after warming up - Did you see how many players were warming up? RAI only concentrated on DP closeups but I may have seen a couple more players warming up.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well heres wat i think abt the game

trezii was on fire, good to have his passion for the game back. and also good to see him score.
    we didnt dominate the whole game but we had many chances.

i noticed that neddy didnt produce that good of a performance, which isnt good cuz he is essential for capello's system. or the system that he likes.

-Two things i dont undertand is why didnt capello start with three men upfront.Whoever they are, then he can revert to his beloved 4-4-2 system wen we score some goals.

-the other thing is why didnt he play mutu instead of neddy in the 2nd half , if hes going to stay then he should get him used to playing in the midfield.We dont have anyone that can replace him, we cant use olivera.(If hes staying)

Well anyway good win, and i think we will do better next game and in the CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)