[Serie A] JUVENTUS vs Cagliari (Sept. 26th 2010) (4 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
This match was no different than any of the others this season. We made all the same mistakes. Had Cagliari not missed 2 sitters and 2 deflections not gone our way, the majority of you would be singing a different tune.

I'm obviously happy with the win, but there scoreline is deceiving. The fact remains that we can't defend for shit, and we give away possession far too often and far too cheaply for a team of our ambitions.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Can I quote you on this in the future?
I have a feeling that I will get the opportunity to reply to you with your own words :D
Yes you can quote me on this in the future. I know you're implying that I would say Del Piero had a great game if he did it, but I wouldn't.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Having the highest number of goals for and against says it all about us this season. We do have a decent attacking force (I say decent not fantastic). In the same time, we have a seriously poor defense line. It has nothing to do with the DMs. The back four with the goalkeepers are low quality and are not working well together. Grygera has been proven a really poor RB, yet we field him as an LB. I am not saying that our other options are better, but if we are needed to field a player like grygera off position then we are seriously poor at the back.

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
Having the highest number of goals for and against says it all about us this season. We do have a decent attacking force (I say decent not fantastic). In the same time, we have a seriously poor defense line. It has nothing to do with the DMs. The back four with the goalkeepers are low quality and are not working well together. Grygera has been proven a really poor RB, yet we field him as an LB. I am not saying that our other options are better, but if we are needed to field a player like grygera off position then we are seriously poor at the back.
TBH our two CB's are not clicking either. If you realise in this game they both stood still for both goals as though expecting the other to do something about it. This has also happened in a number of other games especially on crosses.

Maybe they're too similar when it comes to CB's. They need a sweeper.

After their failures, our goal keepers aren't pulling off any flash saves either.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
WTF, if anyone can say they are satisfied with todays performance......

If Krasic didnt play today, we would have lost the damn game...we ARE dependant on him, DUMB Neri...quit retracting your comments every time you put your foot in your mouth !!!

Once again, the defense looked a shambles, and even though Bonucci scored (he has more goals than any of the forwards...I will get into that later) he was CLEARLY at fault for the first goal that he gave to Matri. The second goal, I believe was the fault of Legro....put down the bible for a second and start reading "Football Defending For Idiots"

Pepe already proved that he cant play on the right, so we put him on the left side, where he has no left foot whatsoever....I laughed every time he switched the ball to his right foot when he was making crosses. Give him a drum and some rabbit ears and he can do the future "Energizer Battery" commercials.

Grygera also proved that he cant play on the right, so we switch him to the le....wait a second !! He cant play ANYWHERE on the field !!!

Rinaudo showed everyone today why he wasnt a starter for Napoli....

Melo had a few ok moments, but is almost as bad as Momo at passing the ball

Aquilani was ok, nothing good or bad really stood out

Krasic was my MOTM, nothing else needs to be said...except that he is adjusting faster than Pavel did in his first season

Iaquinta was nothing special today, I expect him to get better

Amauri's career is OVER !!!!! He is a has-been and should be sold in January, if anyone will buy him. Who wants an overrated, overpaid player ???

Anyone know how Trez is doing ????!!!:p

How funny is it that a defender and an outside middie have a bigger goal count than the entire roster of forwards ??? We wont always be able to count on others to score goals, the forwards need to start stepping up !!!

I expect 2 big losses this week, and we will unfortunately see that this team aint ready to compete with the best :(

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
This match was no different than any of the others this season. We made all the same mistakes. Had Cagliari not missed 2 sitters and 2 deflections not gone our way, the majority of you would be singing a different tune.

I'm obviously happy with the win, but there scoreline is deceiving. The fact remains that we can't defend for shit, and we give away possession far too often and far too cheaply for a team of our ambitions.
Caglari had few oppotunities and realisticaly, if we had finished at the other end the scorline could have been greter!

Well deserved win, defence must start to gel or it's going to be an up and down season!

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
something different from last season team...we can win and scored more than 1 goal in one match. im bored with 1-0 we had in score board last season

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
Player ratings:

Storari - 6.5 Brilliant save at 2-1 up, couldn't do much on the goals

Rinuado - 6 Not bad, played better then Motta as he is more defensive. A bit slow at time, but just about the best we have which is sad!

Bonucci - 5.5 Not good. Lost his man twice. Was very good when crosses were not coming in and scored.

Chellini - 5.5 Didn't do a lot, could have been a bit better on the first goal

Grygera - 7 A permenant fixture in the back 4 now. Actually got forward today and defence was good.

Pepe - 6 No mistakes an assist, not bad.

Aqua - 6.5 very good 1st half and quieter and the break. Was suprised with his strength which he must of developed in England. Good tackling and passing. Also, ran a lot.

Melo - 7.5 another awsome game. Bossed the middle.

Krasic - 9 Hat trick enough said!!!!

Iaqunita - 6 Worked his socks off, has to finish better.

Amauri - 7 Awsome game! Work rate was 2nd to none. Won countless headers just needs to score!

Sissoko - 6.5 He didn'y play for long but was excellent when he came in.

Legra - 5.5 Ball watching big fault on the 2nd goal.

DP - 6.5 Excellent job at holding the ball up, brilliant skills!

Forza Juve!!!!!!

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
I actually don't think it was a case of our full backs this time. I'm not sure if it was a one off but we had major problems in the centre of defence which is really dissapointing cause i expected
great things from a chiellini/ bonucci partnership but I certainly didn't work this game and bonucci in general has been quite dissapointing.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This match was no different than any of the others this season. We made all the same mistakes.
Spot on.

We scored 4 goals, and I didn't even get slightly excited. And the less we say about our defensive performance (as a whole, not only the backline), the better.

Storari 6

Rinaudo 5
Bonucci 5,5
Chiellini 5,5
Grygera 6

Krasic 8
Aquilani 5,5
Melo 6
Pepe 6,5

Amauri 5
Iaquinta 5,5

Legrottaglie 5
Sissoko /
Del Piero /

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
What were our defense formations? Rinauldo RB, Grygera LB? and then Legro CB and Bonucci RB?

PS. There is one positive thing in this season: our game is interesting to watch :)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
What were our defense formations? Rinauldo RB, Grygera LB? and then Legro CB and Bonucci RB?
We started the game with Rinaudo - Bonucci - Chiellini - Grygera and in the second half we switched to Bonucci - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Grygera.

Nov 1, 2002
DN should punish the defenders who doesn't man-mark, the mistakes of the 2 goals were too obvious. the first goal scored between Chiellini and Bonucci...

Chiellini only problem is his lack of defense leadership, instead of organizing them hes going to clear the ball by himself.

Cannavaro was not better than Nesta but his leadership was brilliant, he make sure everybody in position then he just run on the players who have the ball.
Chiellini should work on this IMO and especially now that hes one of the most important players in Juventus and the best defender in italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)