[Serie A] JUVENTUS vs Cagliari (Sept. 26th 2010) (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I like his work rate and also the way he always puts himself in a goal opportunity position. Two very good characteristics for a striker but what's lacking with Iaquinta is talent. Oh and he's also been missing many good goal opportunities recently at the times he plays.
Spot on. I've said this about him for a long time. Very good athlete, not a great football player. That chance he had in the first half Del Piero (or any player with real class) would've passed it into the corner.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Really good game to watch, not boring thats for sure - but we should have scored 5 or 6.

Great to see Aquillani start, he did ok, cant really expect a lot more after so long out of football! Grygera looked a lot more solid than De Ceglie, but he's still not the answer. Bonucci, Chiellini and Legro looked pretty poor defensively. Solid game from Melo to build on, and Krasic was unbelieveable, he was the difference tonight, thank god we signed him, god knows where we would be if we hadnt have!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Spot on. I've said this about him for a long time. Very good athlete, not a great football player. That chance he had in the first half Del Piero (or any player with real class) would've passed it into the corner.
He is still better than Amauri though

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
My biggest beef with him is the fact once he's in our near the box, he only has eyes for the goal, he always shoots, no matte how difficult it is. He almost never passes to a better positioned player. Which would be relatively OK if he had that goalscoring talent.
It'd be actually entirely OK if he were Trez.

I know V, I watched his goals tonight too :touched:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Because Pepe really sucks bigtime.. AND Marchisio is to good to be sitting on the bench.. So a 4-4-2 on paper, going forward in a 4-3-3 way..
Not a bad idea ya know. As hard as Pepe works Marchisio has more quality. Pepe put in one or two good crosses tonight, other than that it was just pure work rate.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We're still a set piece team.
Last year Diego was our top assistman and like 70% of his assists were from a FK or a corner kick. Del Piero's only assists this year are from set pieces and we scored twice more after Del Piero's corner or free kicks. Today three of our goals came right after Pepe took a FK or CK.

We just need to get corner or free kicks and we will keep scoring goals :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, and no hard feelings to the member who suggested it and those who support it, but Marchisio for Pepe is a silly idea.

Pepe offers a lot to this team (at least so far this season), despite the obvious lack of talent and despite playing out of position.

I'm with Vlatko. Pepe, Melo, Aquilani, Krasic is the best and most balanced midfield we can put out there.

May 22, 2007
Not a bad idea ya know. As hard as Pepe works Marchisio has more quality. Pepe put in one or two good crosses tonight, other than that it was just pure work rate.
Pepe has done everything right so far, I can't believe people want to see Marchisio on the left wing again and take away the lovely balance which this midfield has.

His energy, determination, and enthusiasm is part of the reason why Grygera is also thriving at left back.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
My biggest beef with him is the fact once he's in our near the box, he only has eyes for the goal, he always shoots, no matte how difficult it is. He almost never passes to a better positioned player. Which would be relatively OK if he had that goalscoring talent.
The other thing is that Iaquinta believes in power. Like that one on one with the goalie where he just blasted directly to the goalie's face!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Did you watch the game, Stu? Because Pepe assisted one goal and indirectly all three other goals we scored, each of them came after his dangerous set-pieces.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Did you watch the game, Stu? Because Pepe assisted one goal and indirectly all three other goals we scored, each of them came after his dangerous set-pieces.
The set pieces make little difference. If it wasn't Pepe it was gonna be DP or Krasic.
It's his movement that adds a lot.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Oh, and no hard feelings to the member who suggested it and those who support it, but Marchisio for Pepe is a silly idea.

Pepe offers a lot to this team (at least so far this season), despite the obvious lack of talent and despite playing out of position.

I'm with Vlatko. Pepe, Melo, Aquilani, Krasic is the best and most balanced midfield we can put out there.
Agreed. A nice mixture of fragile creativity and talentless stamina :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)