Serie A: Juventus v Piacenza (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
The line-ups on the pitch:
ENZO LARESCA FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!! KICKIN AT PIACENZA!!! THATS RIGHT!!!!!

People say: "ooh my, i dont like maresca, he's too average for me....i only want juve to buy players who do well in their small teams"

like EnZo LaResCa!!!!

THATS RIGHT!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
why thank you, i think enzo's a great player, although he's overshadowed by brighi in the minds of many of our supporters.

if anyone remembers my handle on the laziomania forums...and my last handle....laresca....its ironic isnt it.....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The lineup looks really good,and with our current form we should be able to win this one easily. 3-0.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Iuliano should be sold :mute: He's getting too reckless!!! He's made it a habit to use some pretty unorthodox methods to stop players who get the better of him which is getting alarmingly frequent. If you saw what he did in the coppa match against Perugia you would understand my sentiments. Lucky he didn't get a red card.
The line up looks great :thumb:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
All players available for the Sunday afternoon match against Piacenza. Except Ruben Olivera, who is still in Uruguay with his National team under 20, and the goalkeeper Bonnefoi who is playing with the Primavera. The other players are fit, so Marcello Lippi has selected all 24 players.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
"Among the many things I learnt during this years from Agnelli's family, is that life goes on." With these words Marcello Lippi has started to think about tomorrow's match against Piacenza, even if he's sad because of Agnelli's death. Juventus are aiming for a special win to honour their President.

The match against Piacenza is not easy: Agostinelli's team is tough as it has shown in the first match at the "Garilli" (Juventus won 1-0 thanks to a great goal by Nedved). "Nobody must forget - Lippi says - that Milan had a lot of problems against Piacenza last week at the "San Siro", risking to be defeated."

It's the beginning of the second part of the Campionato and Juventus are ready. After the Coppa Italia, within a few days there is also the Uefa Champions League. "I am looking forward to being on February 19, the day of the match against Manchester, with all my players fit. I'm waiting for players such as Tacchinardi, Tudor, Iuliano. Salas and Di Vaio also have to improve. Del Piero-Trezeguet are usually on the field but they are not the only forwards."

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Piacenza have scored until now 14 goals (only 4 away from the 'Garilli'). The worst teams are Torino and Como (9) and Modena (12).

The bomber is Enzo Maresca, former Juventus, given to Piacenza on loan at the start of the season. The midfielder is one of the best players among Agostinelli's group as shown by his 4 goals. The other Piacenza's goals have been scored by Hubner (2), Borselli, Cardone, Di Francesco, Gurenko, Montano and Tosto. Nicola Caccia (2 goals) is now in Como's team.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
BACKGROUND

The attention surrounding Juventus' relatively easy homestand against Piacenza has been completely overshadowed by the death of the Bianconeri's soul, mind, and honourary president, Giovanni Agnelli.

The man who lived to celebrate 24 of Juventus' 25 Scudetti, 2 Champions Cups and tons of other silverware passed away on Thursday, leaving a void that will be difficult to fill in the future.

Juventus were the Avvocato, and the Avvocato was Juventus . His winning mentality, refined style, natural class, and dominant power were perfectly expressed by the Bianconeri, who became Italy's most representative team under the guide of Italy's most representative man.

One of Agnelli's last wishes was to see the Italian Old Lady grab that third star the team is only five Serie A titles away from reaching. No better way than honor the passing away of their irreplacable supremo than edge closer to this feat by clinching a back to back title this May.

Don't be surprsied if this happens. :cool:

LATEST TEAM NEWS

Marcello Lippi will have the entire roster at his disposal, and will therefore be able to field his preffered eleven. The same can't be said for Piacenza coach Andrea Agostinelli, who has to do without suspended defenders Mangone and Cardone.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)- 'Pinturicchio' as Giovanni Agnelli liked to call the Juventus creative will surely pay his tribute to L'Avvocato like a true Juventus skipper needs to. :touched:

Matteo Guardalben (Piacenza)-Last week his great saves weren't enough to help the struggling Biancorossi hold mighty AC Milan in the San Siro, but they came close. Doesn't hurt to try again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)