[Serie A] Juventus - Udinese (27 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I realize now that the ONLY chance this team has to win any trophies this season is to keep attacking, even if we are up 2, 3, or even 4 goals.

We look great when we are attacking. Once we take our foot off the petal, we are vulnerable.

The defense is our achilles heel. We were lucky on too many plays not to give up a goal, then the linesman gifted us with an offsides on a perfectly good goal.

Montero is worthless, and if Canna is out for a period of time, we are f ucked......Moggi didnt do his homework by getting rid of Tudor, and keeping Montero and Ferrara as our only backups. Zebina has also shown a tendency to make bonehead mistakes.

This defense will NOT win us the CL this season.......

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
Im so happy...

I really hope we will use this formation AGAIN!!...

and when nedved is back.. :)

-----------Buffon
Zebina-Thuram-Canna-Zambro
Camoranesi-Emerson-Neddy
-----------Del Piero
-----Zlatan--Trezeguet

Forza Juventus..!
That looks excellent and DP definitely proved that he can play in a withdrawn role today. I hope that Cannavaro isn't seriously injured because we can't afford to have to play Montero against Real Madrid. Ronaldo and co would have a field day.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Capello did pretty much everything right today, but why the hell did he start Montero? Instead of playing Birindelli or Pessotto he opted to go with Montero in the centre next to Thuram and Cannavaro at left back? WTF?
**** it.. we won! :)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
ppl,there's ALWAYS hope....

read this:
Mazzarri plans Milan shock Sunday 13 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reggina have already tripped up Juve and Roma on home turf this season and Coach Walter Mazzarri admits he expects the same for Milan.

“We have dreams of getting a positive result from this game and they could certainly become reality,” noted the tactician ahead of tonight’s clash.

“On paper, there is no question that the Rossoneri will triumph. We have beaten the odds before and there’s no reason why we can’t do it again.”

The Stadio Granillo has been a fortress, especially against the big clubs, as Juventus and Roma have already lost here and Inter failed to break down their defence despite the Amaranto playing in ten men.

“We know full well that Milan are among the best teams in the world,” added midfielder Giuseppe Colucci. “However, they are also aware that this won’t be a walk in the park.”

The reigning Champions of Italy don’t have a very good record at the Granillo, having lost two of the four visits to this Stadium in Serie A competition.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I realize now that the ONLY chance this team has to win any trophies this season is to keep attacking, even if we are up 2, 3, or even 4 goals.

We look great when we are attacking. Once we take our foot off the petal, we are vulnerable.

The defense is our achilles heel. We were lucky on too many plays not to give up a goal, then the linesman gifted us with an offsides on a perfectly good goal.

Montero is worthless, and if Canna is out for a period of time, we are f ucked......Moggi didnt do his homework by getting rid of Tudor, and keeping Montero and Ferrara as our only backups. Zebina has also shown a tendency to make bonehead mistakes.

The only thingi fear if Canna wont be able to play against Madrid...then wer'e fvcked:down:....C'mon Canna we need ya!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

That looks excellent and DP definitely proved that he can play in a withdrawn role today. I hope that Cannavaro isn't seriously injured because we can't afford to have to play Montero against Real Madrid. Ronaldo and co would have a field day.
I'm thinking about this too. I would have fielded Pessoto > Montero.

May 4, 2004
why is ppl talking about the madrid game as our NEXT game... we will plays serie a before madrid.. whats wrong with u ppl!!

Week 25 - 20/2/05
Atalanta - Bologna
Messina - Juventus
Chievo - Lazio
Milan - Cagliari
Palermo - Lecce
Parma - Brescia
Roma - Livorno
Sampdoria - Reggina
Siena - Fiorentina
Udinese - Inter

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Why didn't Ferrara started instead of Montero??:( Anyhow you just stated what i wanted to say, I really fear Ronaldo IF Canna wont be there...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Nop Lili, Montero's
The initial error was certainly Montero's and he deserves to take most of the blame, but I don't think that Buffon should have thrown himself at Di Michele the way he did. Yes, you've got to come out to close the angle and the closer you get to the attacker the less they have to aim at but imo Gigi made it easy for Di Michele. I'm not an expert on how to goalkeep but I think that Buffon should've been a bit more cautious and stayed on his feet for as long as possible.

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

i can only agree partly!
at the beginnig everybody called the best defence in Europe but at the moment that isn't the case! But i think with Canna Fit and the "usual" starting line up we have a great defence! But what i agree is that the time is over where we are keeping 1:0 and take it over the time, i think it is always better to have scored 2 goals!

all in all i think the right mix between attack and defence could win us a trophy!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
ppl,there's ALWAYS hope....

read this:
Mazzarri plans Milan shock Sunday 13 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reggina have already tripped up Juve and Roma on home turf this season and Coach Walter Mazzarri admits he expects the same for Milan.

“We have dreams of getting a positive result from this game and they could certainly become reality,” noted the tactician ahead of tonight’s clash.

“On paper, there is no question that the Rossoneri will triumph. We have beaten the odds before and there’s no reason why we can’t do it again.”

The Stadio Granillo has been a fortress, especially against the big clubs, as Juventus and Roma have already lost here and Inter failed to break down their defence despite the Amaranto playing in ten men.

“We know full well that Milan are among the best teams in the world,” added midfielder Giuseppe Colucci. “However, they are also aware that this won’t be a walk in the park.”

The reigning Champions of Italy don’t have a very good record at the Granillo, having lost two of the four visits to this Stadium in Serie A competition.
Forza Mazzarri

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

I'm thinking about this too. I would have fielded Pessoto > Montero.
Same here. Starting Montero and playing Cannavaro at left back when Pessotto and Birindelli are available makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm not sure what Capello was thinking, or if he was thinking at all.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++

i can only agree partly!
at the beginnig everybody called the best defence in Europe but at the moment that isn't the case! But i think with Canna Fit and the "usual" starting line up we have a great defence! But what i agree is that the time is over where we are keeping 1:0 and take it over the time, i think it is always better to have scored 2 goals!

all in all i think the right mix between attack and defence could win us a trophy!
you may all laugh, but i blame Moggi for putting Legro on Loan....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
As i posted in another Thread...IF our players are inform like today, no once can hold us...But ofcoarse with Treze inform and Having Neddy back would be great....

Here we go again. Keep your feet on the ground people, just last week everyone was saying we were worse than Atalanta :rolleyes:

Geez.

Capello did pretty much everything right today, but why the hell did he start Montero? Instead of playing Birindelli or Pessotto he opted to go with Montero in the centre next to Thuram and Cannavaro at left back? WTF?

Because we didnt play a 4-4-2, as far as I saw it it was a 3-4-2-1 slash 5-3-2.

Camo didnt play on the right, IMO he was given the playmaker role while Zlatan played wider out right and DP left. In defence we would switch to a 5 man defense.

Nop Lili, Montero's

TBH, he could have done better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)