[Serie A] Juventus - Udinese (28 Viewers)

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #424
    Juventus have lost their last two games and spent the week debating how to win back their smiles, but Fabio Capello remains the eternal pragmatist.

Lapo Elkann, a member of the Agnelli family that has owned this club for generations, claimed the side should get back to winning ways by enjoying its football and playing “with a smile on their faces.”

“The important thing for me is to get points, not to grin while achieving that,” stated Capello in his Press conference. “I have other things to think about.”

The Bianconeri have seen their eight-point lead over Milan cut to two thanks to defeats against little Sampdoria and Palermo. Now they face another revelation of the campaign – third-placed Udinese.

“This is a very important game against a tough squad, but I am not worried by our current form. We must play positive football and take the match to Udinese, although they are extremely adept at counter-attacks.”

There were reports that the entire squad was locked in a room with Capello and club directors for crisis talks this week.

“There was no confrontation behind closed doors,” assured the Coach. “We simply discussed tactical issues and watched the tape of our performance against Palermo to correct those errors. Director General Luciano Moggi arrived and exchanged a few words with the players, but that is all.”

Alessandro Del Piero did not even come on as a substitute in Palermo, but the captain is expected to start alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“David Trezeguet is feeling better now and has recovered after some slight fitness worries,” explained Capello.

The bad news for the Bianconeri is that Pavel Nedved has not recovered from his sprained knee and is not even in the squad. Alessio Tacchinardi is also sidelined with an Achilles tendon problem, so another reshuffle could be needed to fill in for the Czech international.

Gianluca Zambrotta seems set for a midfield role out wide on the left, with Alessandro Birindelli or Gianluca Pessotto taking the fullback role.

Juventus squad:

1 Buffon, 2 Ferrara, 4 Montero, 7 Pessotto, 8 Emerson, 9 Ibrahimovic, 10 Del Piero, 12 Chimenti, 15 Birindelli, 16 Camoranesi, 17 Trezeguet, 18 Appiah, 19 Zambrotta, 20 Blasi, 21 Thuram, 24 Olivera, 25 Zalayeta, 27 Zebina, 28 Cannavaro

May 4, 2004
    JUVENTUS: Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Montero, Camoranesi, Emerson, Zambrotta, Trezeguet, Del Piero, Ibrahimovic

I LOVE CAPELLO!!! look at this.. omg.. WE HAVE TO WIN!!!

------------Buffon
    Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Montero
    Camoranesi,Emerson, Zambrotta,
    Trezeguet, Del Piero, Ibrahimovic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)