SERIE A: Juventus - Udinese (2 Viewers)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    i'd love to see legro score (currently hes my fav player) .. will dp start for the match, or will he be a substitute and will play later in the game?

i think its gonna be miccoli-trez! does that make sense...
    Dp is gonna start. Lippi said so and he's in Gazzetta's probable line-up. This is the formation on their website:

Buffon
    Thuram Legrottaglie Montero Zambrotta
    Appiah Tacchinardi
    Miccoli Nedved Del Piero
    Trezeguet

My prediction: Juventus 4-1 Udinese
    Scorers: Miccoli, Del Piero (penalty), Trezeguet, Trezeguet

Buy on AliExpress.com

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Hmmm I think so too, but as I said before, I'd love to see:

Miccoli Nedved Del Piero
    ---------Di Vaio

:thumb: :D
    good one but it lacks a finisher like trez.....a hitman. of course they all fine players but will it work being together?! i mean i remember the first match of the Seria A we played poorly the 1st half when miccoli teamed up with DP and Trez and when Camo came in the match just turned around. but hey it always good to try.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by cynical ] ++

good one but it lacks a finisher like trez.....a hitman. of course they all fine players but will it work being together?! i mean i remember the first match of the Seria A we played poorly the 1st half when miccoli teamed up with DP and Trez and when Camo came in the match just turned around. but hey it always good to try.
    dont you think that di vaio was rather better of a hitman than trez recently?

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

dont you think that di vaio was rather better of a hitman than trez recently?
    no doubt about that ....i'm sayin that in term of positioning u'll always find trez up there where a striker should be and that could be usefull instead of 3 players with simillar style( DP, DiVaio, and Miccoli) they all try to drop back to the midfeild, get the ball and make their way through.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by cynical ] ++

no doubt about that ....i'm sayin that in term of positioning u'll always find trez up there where a striker should be and that could be usefull instead of 3 players with simillar style( DP, DiVaio, and Miccoli) they all try to drop back to the midfeild, get the ball and make their way through.
    Yes but they are not robots you know....

If you say to divaio to play as a striker.. he will do it.. and stay in the "Trez" zone.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002

• - Nedved and Conte ran for 20 minutes.

- Montero trained seperately due to fitness worries.

- Only absentees were Legrottaglie and Zambrotta, who trained in the gym.

- Maresca recovered completely from the ankle injury suffered against Milan.

- Benjamin - the young Primavera star - joined the complete training session through orders from Lippi.

- The training session was attended by Bettega.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    @Fahad: Did Legro and Zambro train in the gym because they aren't fit or is that a normal thing? Will Montero be available on Sunday?

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    Birthday boy Del Piero raring to go
    Friday 7 November, 2003

Alessandro Del Piero admits he is chomping at the bit to make his comeback and celebrate his 29th birthday in style.

“I simply cannot wait until Sunday,” he told his official website. “I am continuing to train and prepare myself, but wait impatiently for November 9.”

The date of his return to the playing field is a particularly apt coincidence, as he will celebrate his birthday during the match with Udinese.

The Juventus captain has been out of action since tearing a calf muscle during the 2-2 draw with Roma on September 20, but the team has done well in his absence and this week qualified for the second round of the Champions’ League.

“My teammates brought back a wonderful souvenir from San Sebastian,” he noted of their crucial 0-0 draw with Real Sociedad.

“Now we must take advantage of this secure spot and concentrate on the Serie A Championship.”

Marcello Lippi also confirmed that Del Piero is ready to step back on to the field during Sunday’s encounter.

“He is fit for selection,” revealed the Coach. “His return gives this already confident group another boost.”

However, Del Piero will not be picked for the November international friendly games against Poland and the Czech Republic.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Benjamin - the young Primavera star - joined the complete training session through orders from Lippi
    Btw cos I haven't checked lately, how is Benjamin doing in the youth team? Last I checked he scored 7 goals in his first 3 games.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Btw cos I haven't checked lately, how is Benjamin doing in the youth team? Last I checked he scored 7 goals in his first 3 games.
    Really impressive.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah but I want to know what he's done in the following 4 matches...is he still scoring? Don't feel like checking myself..too lazy :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Yeah but I want to know what he's done in the following 4 matches...is he still scoring? Don't feel like checking myself..too lazy :D

As of October 21st, Benjamin had 10 goals and had scored in every game he played up to that point.

He didn't score in the derby against Torino, but Juve won 2-1.

Why on earth is Fresi on the Primavera squad??

Isn't he 30??

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

• - Nedved and Conte ran for 20 minutes.
    Good to hear:)

• - Montero trained seperately due to fitness worries.
    Surprise, Surprise :rolleyes:

• - Maresca recovered completely from the ankle injury suffered against Milan.
    Awesome :)

• - Benjamin - the young Primavera star - joined the complete training session through orders from Lippi.
    BRILLIANT ! best news so far. I would love to see him play finally. Maybe he could explode onto the scene in the Champions League (but i dont think thats gonna happen, since the 2nd stage is a knockout.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Yeah, but Ice, they still have two more matches in this stage.

What kind of message do you think that will send Oliveira and Zala-sitta-on-the-bench??

Let me guess, you're on borrowed time here, Boys??

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    @Fahad: Did Legro and Zambro train in the gym because they aren't fit or is that a normal thing? Will Montero be available on Sunday?
    All players are expected to be fit for Sunday .. Legro and Zambro are expected to train with the whole squad tomorrow I guess, and take part later in the Sunday match .. it's just a precaution because Zambro's knee needs to be rested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)