[Serie A] Juventus - Udinese (30/01/2011) (2 Viewers)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Hi guys...not the best time I guess to register and show my support for Juve but what the fuck!!! I have been reading this forum for a long time and finally decided to register and post...I hope for a warm welcome and yeah...Forza JUVE
Welcome onboard. You may have to abandon the ship soon though, 'cause it's sinking.:p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Few things.

1) Passing. Terrible. I watch a fair amount of football and can comfortably say that out of all the sides which can consider themselves huge (in terms of fan base), we have the worst passers of the ball. The amount of times Felipe Melo gives possession away inside our own half because he's trying to be clever is really starting to irritate me, but most of all the poor passing is largely down to the fact that once a player gets the ball, he has to pull off an exact pass to his teammate otherwise he will not succeed, and this is down to movement.

2) Movement. The little movement which our team does is atrocious. I have no idea why nobody makes space for themselves when not in possession, Udinese do it very well which is why they can set off Isla running down the right wing often during a match and they can create so many chances. Juventus players strictly stay in formation which is why the team can never effectively retain possession for long period unless aimlessly playing it square along the back four. This problem has been present since the Ferrara days as well, and back then I was wondering why the hell nobody was bothering to do anything about it.

3) When Udinese equalized with Juventus, they continued to be the dominant team and the Juventus defense was constantly pinned back into the area with players like Isla and Sánchez threatening. It's odd considering that we're the team that is aiming to go to the Champions League while they're the ones who are actually one of the surprise teams of the season. And then the whole attitude of the Juventus team changed once they got their second goal (not after their first), as if we were content to be drawing with Udinese at home? I mean, even Sissoko was brought on for Aquilani, I don't exactly know how that is a positive substitution, reminds me very much of the Ranieri days. The mentality of the whole club has changed when the team doesn't go out to win a game (AT HOME) when it's 1-1, but only get their asses in gear when they're losing to fucking Udinese.

Quagliarella and De Ceglie don't change the attitude of the whole team to perform better, the problems are more complex than a casual 'injury crisis', even though it has contributed.
Brilliant post (unfortunately...)

I noticed the lack of movement a long time ago, it's just a shame that no one at the club has. Nowadays I'm so used to it I dont even bother looking out for it in the games. Our passing is appalling, we move the ball around so slowly, there is no imagination in our passes, its so predictable and slow we cant create a threat unless we cross the ball into the box. It's further exposed when we play teams that move the ball around quickly, like Napoli, Udinese, Roma and Palermo - I would hate to see what arsenal or Barca would do to us. Your 3rd point about the players attitude is also a massive issue that needs to be addressed. Only Buffon, Chiellini, Krasic and Del Piero have the right mentality. Everyone else couldn't care less

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Hi guys...not the best time I guess to register and show my support for Juve but what the fuck!!! I have been reading this forum for a long time and finally decided to register and post...I hope for a warm welcome and yeah...Forza JUVE
Alen?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
2) Movement. The little movement which our team does is atrocious. I have no idea why nobody makes space for themselves when not in possession, Udinese do it very well which is why they can set off Isla running down the right wing often during a match and they can create so many chances. Juventus players strictly stay in formation which is why the team can never effectively retain possession for long period unless aimlessly playing it square along the back four. This problem has been present since the Ferrara days as well, and back then I was wondering why the hell nobody was bothering to do anything about it.[/QUOTE}
Even the commentator was talking about this today. There was a moment near the end of the match when we were 2-1 down and we had possession, and Gross was off the ball with acres of space in front of him. The commentator was incredulous, saying "what's Grosso doing? Why isn't he getting into space?!"

I remember a similar situation against Sampdoria when Motta passed the ball to Del Piero a bit outside the box, then just stood there. Very frustrating, and it's no coincidence that our fullback positions were to blame. That said, the rest of our team wasn't much better today.

We need a new RB who will give Krasic a hand on the right, and a winger so we can stop playing Marchisio at LW and Pepe isn't our best option. I'd take those over a new striker at this stage. What's the point in having a good finisher when you can't make proper chances?

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Thank you. Yeah right! I just joined the ship and I am hoping for a long, pleasant and successful cruise :)
:beer:

--

Man this just hurts. I got a little excited about Marchisio's goal, but at the same time I just knew that this isn't probably going to end well and it didn't. When we get the ball we just don't know what to do with it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I have supported del neri all the time, but this mentality at home resulting in 1 win out of 6 games....

Del neri needs to stand up, and get fire in the team. If they play the next 3 games like this, and we get 0/9 points, del neri has to go.

And seriously, fuck you Agnelli, give marotta a damn transfer budged

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
2) Movement. The little movement which our team does is atrocious. I have no idea why nobody makes space for themselves when not in possession, Udinese do it very well which is why they can set off Isla running down the right wing often during a match and they can create so many chances. Juventus players strictly stay in formation which is why the team can never effectively retain possession for long period unless aimlessly playing it square along the back four. This problem has been present since the Ferrara days as well, and back then I was wondering why the hell nobody was bothering to do anything about it.[/QUOTE}
Even the commentator was talking about this today. There was a moment near the end of the match when we were 2-1 down and we had possession, and Gross was off the ball with acres of space in front of him. The commentator was incredulous, saying "what's Grosso doing? Why isn't he getting into space?!"

I remember a similar situation against Sampdoria when Motta passed the ball to Del Piero a bit outside the box, then just stood there. Very frustrating, and it's no coincidence that our fullback positions were to blame. That said, the rest of our team wasn't much better today.

We need a new RB who will give Krasic a hand on the right, and a winger so we can stop playing Marchisio at LW and Pepe isn't our best option. I'd take those over a new striker at this stage. What's the point in having a good finisher when you can't make proper chances?
We need those guys in the past 6-7 years, but we are still buying more Central midfielders and Italian forwards instead...
Italy has some issues with those positions as well, the best option will play at the 3 best clubs and we will take the left over if it ever appears...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)