[Serie A] Juventus-Siena (2 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus - Siena

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having seen their eight-point lead wiped-out in the space of just four games, Juventus will be desperate to get back to winning ways at the Delle Alpi in Week 26. But they may find it tougher than expected against a rejuvenated Siena side, who have gone seven games without defeat under new boss Gigi De Canio.

The Turin giants are not in the greatest form having collected just one win and a draw in their last four games. A win over Udinese helped archive successive losses to Samp and Palermo but last week’s 0-0 draw at Messina allowed Milan to join them at the top of the table.

Capello has used a variety of systems recently but may be tempted to return to a 4-4-2 after testing 3-4-3 and 5-3-2 formations in recent weeks. Pavel Nedved should return to first team action, while doubts remain over Olivier Kapo and David Trezeguet – who missed the Real Madrid defeat with the flu.

Siena finally won in Week 25 when they beat Fiorentina after a run of six successive draws. Tore Andre Flo scored the only goal but goalkeeper Alex Manninger also impressed. He may be needed at his best again given that the ‘other’ Bianconeri are still without key me such as Ardito and Pecchia. Left-back Pasquale is suspended after his dismissal against the Viola.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Del Piero, Ibrahimovic

Siena (probable): Manninger; Cirillo, Tudor, Portanova; Alberto, D’Aversa, Taddei, Vergassola, Falsini; Chiesa, Flo

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I think Capello should decide which formation he will play against Real, and then put the same formation on both games against Siena and Roma.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Amer ] ++
1-0
But who gives a fvck about the result
3 fvckin points is what is needed
and also inter beating milan:D
Milan will be without their 2 leading targetmen, Shevchenko + Inzaghi. Even though the attack isn't that strong compared to the time when Sheva is present, Crespo is decent. Tomasson seems inconsistent, but who knows that he maybe the 1 scoring against Inter. However I think Inter have Martins present. Even though Adriano seems to be off fire, but I hope he will fire goals to demolish Milan.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
I think Capello should decide which formation he will play against Real, and then put the same formation on both games against Siena and Roma.
Agreed. I want to see 4-3-3:

Buffon
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Nedved
Ibrahimovic Trezeguet Del Piero

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
---------------Buffon
-Cannavaro-Thuram-Pessotto (OR Zambo)
------------- Emerson
Zambrotta (OR Someone else)--Camoranesi----Nedved
--Zlatan------Trezeguet-----DP

So it is 3-4-3

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
New Nedved blow for Juve
Wednesday 23 February, 2005

Juventus ace Pavel Nedved is out of the Siena game after being admitted to hospital for observation.

The Czech international will spend the next three or four days in Turin’s Fornica clinic after being knocked unconscious last night.

Nedved, who had only just returned to the team following a month on the sidelines with a knee injury, was stretchered off in the 1-0 loss to Real Madrid after clashing heads with Raul Bravo.

"I immediately noticed that something was wrong with Nedved as he wasn’t moving," explained boss Fabio Capello last night.

"He lost consciousness and can’t remember anything about the incident, but there’s nothing to worry about now and he’s already better."

However, Nedved was checked over by doctors this morning who suggested that he undergo a number of tests.

The midfielder is therefore out of the Week 26 clash at the Delle Alpi, which poses more problems for Capello.

There is some good news though as David Trezeguet has recovered from the flu and will be able to face the Tuscan minnows on Sunday.

It’s possible that the Coach could opt for a 3-4-3 formation to cope with Nedved’s loss, by fielding a trident attack of Trezeguet, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alex Del Piero.

channel4.com

I like the idea of playing three upfront but imo we don't have the players for a good 3-4-3. Ferrara doesn't have the pace anymore and Montero is just useless. Capello should try a 4-3-3.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
---------------Buffon
-Cannavaro-Thuram-Pessotto (OR Zambo)
------------- Emerson
Zambrotta (OR Someone else)--Camoranesi----Nedved
--Zlatan------Trezeguet-----DP

So it is 3-4-3
Pessotto can't play centre back, neither can Zambrotta.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
The answer is in our squad: Kapo! He always played well, and I think he can do it. With him on the flank, we can push Camo in the middle, where he is needed!

Buffon
Zebina---Thuram---Cannavaro---Zambrotta
Kapo---Camoranesi---Emerson---Nedved
Del Piero---Zlatan

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@JuveBoy: And who's going to play on the right of midfield? The wide players in a 3-4-3 have to do a lot of defending as well as attacking. Zambrotta is perfect for this kind of role, so are other attacking full backs like Roberto Carlos, Cafu and Ashley Cole which is why when we used 3-4-3 against Udinese Capello played Camoranesi in the centre and Zebina on the right. We don't have the players for a 3-4-3, a 4-3-3 a la Juve 1996 would suit us better.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
The answer is in our squad: Kapo! He always played well, and I think he can do it. With him on the flank, we can push Camo in the middle, where he is needed!

Buffon
Del Piero---Zlatan
Is Kapo better on the right than he is on the left because if not we could play Camo on the right, Kapo on the left and Neddy in the centre.

May 4, 2004
Buffon
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Nedved
Ibrahimovic Trezeguet Del Piero

u can call this 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 because zambrotta will be running up and down all the time :)

soo.. i go for this..

5-0

Zlatanx2
Trezeguetx1
Del Pierox1
Nedvedx1

Forza Juventus !

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
We need to use 4-3-3 IMO. Then keep using it until we play Madrid 2nd leg. That should be the objective.
I strongly believe that Milan will drop all 3 points against Inter, while we will pick up all 3 against Siena, so the upper week won't matter provided we get used to the system we have to use if we are to beat Madrid.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Buffon
Del Piero---Zlatan
Sounds good, the only problem is that "The answer" is injured....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)