SERIE A: Juventus - Siena (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I just was able to see the first half,....and starting from the point that delle alpi was full of snow.. the game was a total messs for both teams.

Positives are the del piero´s hattrick, even when 2 were pks and the great great trezeguet goal!! : :thumb: it was a bit lucky thou.

But i have doubts about siena´s 3rd goals which was eliminated.... i think that 1 juve player was giving the onside positoon to the siena player but well,...

we won! :FD

hey how about milan?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
ok, when was the last time ale scored hattrick?
I think it was in the Champions League against Monaco. Ale scored 3 goals past Barthez (with 2 penalties) before Zidane scored Juve's 4th goal. The match ended 4-1.

Anyway, I'm glad we won this match without wasting much effort, it was clear that the players didn't move much as it was quite impossible to run with the ball in the snow-covered pitch.

Despite that, Alex did some great moves with the ball. So did Zambro and Neddy. It was good also for Treze to rediscover his goal-scoring touch.

Pessotto, Maresca, Zalayeta, Di Vaio and Miccoli didn't take part in this match and should be raring to go against Perugi in the Coppa.

The only negative point from this match was Birindelli's injury. But with Thuram looking to get back to fitness, this setback shouldn't worry us too much.

What a day: Inter in crisis & Ale scored a hat-trick. It could only get better if Baggio's Brescia stop Milan tonight :cool:

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Yea, Ale was okay :)
Pretty tough Siena, good performance by Cufre,Taddei, and Ventola.

Btw, I like the way Juve fans singing for Antonio Conte.:thumb:
Ale, Ale..... Antonio Conte :D

JTNY

Dec 23, 2003
Del Piero in scoring form, is really good, hopefully he can hold it and stay injury free. I am not sure how long really good players like Di Vaio and Miccoli can be prevented from regular football.... hopefully they won't look elsewhere. Lippi seems to rotate every other part of the team beside the front two, (I suppose you cannot rotate the captain).

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
could someone tell me why the match wasn't posponed..? how could the players play good football on a pitch covered with snow..?

what are the terms for posponing a match..?

I was nearly gross-eyed while I was watching the match..

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
the game vs Basel last season in the CL was played in similar conditions.

I remember Tacchinardi's goal from way out.

And the pitch today in Turin was still pretty ok compared to some of the pitches teams play on around Europe.

Its just that the Snow makes it look terrible on TV.

heres a pic of Juventus - Basel from last season

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #374
    The ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 5.5, Birindelli 6, Tudor 5.5, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 7, Zambrotta 6, Camoranesi 6, Conte 6.5, Iuliano 6, Appiah 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Nedved 5.5, Del Piero 8, Trezeguet 6.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 5.5, Birindelli 6, Tudor 5.5, Ferrara 6, Montero 7, Zambrotta 6.5, Camoranesi 6, Conte 7.5, Iuliano 5.5, Appiah 6, Tacchinardi 5.5, Nedved 6, Del Piero 7.5, Trezeguet 6.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 5.5, Birindelli 6, Tudor 6, Ferrara 6, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6, Camoranesi 6, Conte 6.5, Iuliano sv, Appiah 6, Tacchinardi sv, Nedved 6, Del Piero 7, Trezeguet 6.5.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 5.5, Birindelli 6, Tudor 5.5, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Camoranesi 5.5, Conte 6.5, Iuliano 6, Appiah 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Nedved 6, Del Piero 7.5, Trezeguet 6.5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 6, Birindelli 6, Tudor 6, Ferrara 5.5, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Camoranesi 6, Conte 6, Iuliano sv, Appiah 6, Tacchinardi sv, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 8, Trezeguet 6.5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Tudor 6, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Camoranesi 6, Conte 7, Iuliano sv, Appiah 6.5, Tacchinardi sv, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 7.5, Trezeguet 6.5.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah you can't really blame the defence on such a pitch.

The worst thing is that we lost Biri and Ferrara for over a month.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    it was snowy and very sloppy out there, and I'm not just talking about the pitch.

Our defense is still in a massive tailspin, and what made it worse was not the weather, but Buffon's questionable decisions and plays.

IMO, he made a complete ass of himself when he made that stupid tackle which resulted in Siena's first goal from the spot.

I also see that Gigi forgot how to handle crosses. He has made too many mistakes on crosses, which have led to many goals this season.

I'm happy that DP got the "hat-trick" , but lets be serious, it wasnt like a Totti or Vieri scoring frenzy. 2 of Alex's goals came from the spot, and most of us here would have converted them too. If we had not been awarded those kicks, things could have been much different.

Our defense struggled with Siena, and again I ask, what happens when we play a top- notch team ????

We have conceed 18 goals this season so far, Roma and Milan only 7 or 8 respectively. Thats got to tell you something !!!!!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah that Juve fans are never happy :D

In previous years people would complain that we score too few goals even though we conceded very few goals. This year we're complaining that we conceded a lot even though we scored shitloads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)