SERIE A: Juventus - Siena (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Siena are coming off of a very impressive 4-0 win over Modena and will be looking to prove a point to the reigning Italian champions who actually disposed of Siena in the Coppa Italia.

Juve were made to work hard last weekend as they travelled to Genoa to face Sampdoria, and Siena will give their all to make this match just as, if not more, difficult.

Coach Lippi is expected to go with the big three of Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet, but the latter is struggling for form atm, maybe he'll break his duck on Sunday. Captain Del Piero will also want to impress as he has only netted three league goals this season.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yeah, but after seeing Francesco Flachi burn our defence last Sunday I'm not so sure we can contain Chiesa...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I think we'll have a disgraceful 2-2 draw, Siena equalising in the 88th minute. This is my first time being pessimistic, but we're just not solid enough these days. I hope I'm wrong

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    My team!

-------------------------Buffon-------------------------
    Birindelli---Legrottaglie---Montero---Zambrotta
    -------Camoranesi---Conte---Maresca-------------
    ------------------------Nedved------------------------
    --------------------Di Vaio---Del Piero-----------------

With Tacchi and Thuram coming from the bench!

I think we can spoil them and win, as Neddy is in Top-form! Maresca and Camoranesi should give us more ball-controll.

Legrottaglie is back and I think the Coppa game helped him, however, I think Lippi will field Ferrara!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    A Lacki, im with u in that formation... it seems to be the best.

maybe we can make some spce to miccoli who was good today.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    A hard match....
    it will be also the last serie game this season,only at their place:groan:...
    But at home i expect us to win and Alex to give agreat match,i hope for Trez also to score we all need him.
    My predtion:
    3-1.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    Juventus are back on track with a victory at Sampdoria, but come face to face with an old enemy in Enrico Chiesa , the two teams have already met twice this season in the Coppa Italia and several controversial refereeing decisions grabbed the headlines. Siena really troubled Juve in those ties and will be eager for revenge.
    Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta and Alessio Tacchinardi are now fit and could make their comebacks at the Stadio Delle Alpi , while Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet continue to keep Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli warming the bench.

Any ideas ?!!:D

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    for me , this match won't be easy to win looking at Siena's late form & ours . Though we won against Perugia in Coppa but i didn't find the team compact as last season where there were many gaps especially between the midfeild & the defence & i hope that Lippi knows what's he doing . . .

My prediction Juventus 1 - 0 Siena

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    for god's sake...we must win :fero: the game will be @delle alphi, so no excuses! and yea, thuram shud start from the bench....

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    Why not play Thuram next to Legro and test their partnership against *shudders* Siena?

I mean Thuram always wanted to play centreback, and we ought to give him a try.

But as an after thought, that would be unfair to Iuliano... :(

Whatever, Biri rawks haha.. ;)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    i thot we did try thuram as CB a few years back...? besides, i think lippi really doesnt see him as CB, it's RB or nothing else (that's why i believe IF we get oddo, thuram will be leaving ;) ). and yep, biri rawks..! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)