[Serie A] Juventus - Roma (3 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juvefreak ] ++
Collina :scared::scared:?? Please not...

A win would be really nice...

Hopefully Zlatan can show what he can do!!
Yeah i hope he can dribble them;) and make fun out of them:D...

what a bad match is gonna be , i feel it's gonna be like a war.

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
As we all know the match against Roma (this time around) certainly gonna be a very tough one for our team. But i really hope Capello can come our with something brilliant! My feelings says Alex is going to score again tonight.. :D

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Take a look at this , a talk between juve and roma fan :

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=29569&progr=0
:D
wow man,, gr8 conv ;)

here it is for ppl 2 read here:

Thursday sees one of the classic encounters of any Serie A season – Juventus of Turin at home to Roma from the Eternal City. There is no great love lost between these two famous clubs, and Goal.com asked a fan from each to look ahead to Thursday’s clash. George Dexter spoke for Juve and Alex Parker for Roma. Here’s what they told us…
Goal: First of all, how do you feel about your side’s campaign so far? Have you been delighted or dismayed by it?

George: Result wise Juventus have been nearly perfect by clinching 9 wins from 10 games played (7 Serie A matches and 3 Champions League matches). The team hasn’t been spectacular, only sparsely, but Capello has been able to create a winning machine which has conceded just 2 goals in the games played so far. Last year the bianconeri were more spectacular but the results were inconsistent. I’d rather have this winning Juve!

Alex: I can’t say I’m delighted by it as we are practically out of the Champions League, while in the Serie A we sit stuck in the middle of the table after seven games. But what can you expect from a team that loses two of its best players without finding adequate replacement, and changes three coaches within the space of two months. Roma fans must try to be patient in this moment, have faith in Delneri, and believe in a successful future.

Goal: Tactically, where do you think this match may be won or lost?

George: Juve’s main strength this season has been the defensive line. If Cannavaro and company succeed in blocking Totti, Cassano and Montella, then we can easily find a goal or two like in the past games. The important thing is to man mark Totti, and their attacking power will lose efficiency.

Alex: As most matches this game will be decided on midfield. Juventus will try to take advantage of their superiority on the wings, while Roma will try to get the ball past Emerson and whoever partners him in the middle in order to hit Juventus on the break with Totti, Cassano, and possibly Montella. If I were Delneri, and it might sound crazy, given the magnitude of the Juventus midfield, I would play with all three strikers in Turin.

Goal: Which opposition player do you consider to be the greatest threat to your team in this clash?

George: Obviously Totti, though Montella’s current form can be deadly unless controlled well. However I’m sure Thuram and Cannavaro will do a good job on those two.

Alex: The referee? Just kidding, our enemy Pavel Nedved. We hate him, and he hates us, and generally has always played well against us since his days at Lazio. I just hope he doesn’t dive in the box to get a phoney penalty as he did two years back. Personally I consider Nedved a great player, but also a person that totally lacks sportsmanship and is frequently dishonest.

Goal: Who from your team should we keep a particular eye on here?

George: In Italy there’s this unwritten law ‘Il gol dell’ex’ (the goal of the ex-player) whenever a player moves from one team to another, in his first match against his former squad he scores, he nearly always scores. So I advise Roma to keep an eye on Emerson….or possibly even Zebina!

Alex: Francesco Totti, our captain. I am currently feeling very sorry for him as he appears to be carrying the team entirely on his back. A player of his talent looks wasted at this Roma, and if things continue like this I think he deserves to go to a team where he can win something, namely Real Madrid. No Milan or Inter please! Back to Thursday’s game, Totti can provide that spark to our offense that can create huge difficulties for Thuram and Cannavaro, two players he has always fared well against. If he does well, and can be fundamental in grabbing a prestigious result for us, then maybe our season can change, and Totti can remain at Roma for life.

Goal: What are your side’s greatest strengths?

George: The solidity which Capello has built. To be honest I don’t recall in the past 10 years such a solid Juve side. It’s going to take Roma a top-notch game to defeat the bianconeri at the Delle Alpi!

Alex: Without a doubt our offense. The Totti-Montella-Cassano trio has everything one looks for in an attack. Let’s hope Delneri has the balls to play them together. If he does, our midfielders will need to each run for two, but Juventus comes around just twice a year, so why not give it all you’ve got!

Goal: And weaknesses?

George: The forward line, even though they have averaged nearly two goals per game, they still lack a goal scorer after Trezeguet’s injury.

Alex: Surely our defense. I would like to know what the hell is going on with Christian Chivu, we need him desperately, but for some reason his return is taking ages. Dellas is also out for Thursday’s clash, so once again we will have to depend on the very inexperienced central duo composed by Ferrari and Mexes. Against Palermo they showed signs of improvement, but against Juventus they will need to do much, much, better. Also the fact that Panucci won’t play, makes me extremely worried, but if he disrespected the coach and players, I think he should be punished. It is time things get back in order at Roma.

Goal: What do your lot typically think of their lot?

George: Roma sees us as their main rivals along with Lazio. However to be honest I don’t really feel this match as much as I feel the games against Milan or Inter.

Alex: Nothing good. We basically think they represent the dark side of the game.

Goal: What single thing irritates you most about them?

George: Totti showing four fingers to Tudor last season. Hopefully it will be the other way round this year!

Alex: Oh, how many things! But at the age of 28 I think I’ve finally nailed their true problem. Basically, the only thing Juventini want to do is win, they don’t’ care how, they must win. And they will use any dirty tactic to reach this end (legal and possibly illegal drugs, psychological pressure on refs, small teams, and a lot of other vicious tricks). Now, if they would only see football more as a game, instead of a competition, like we do, where winning and losing are both part of the same picture, and take it less seriously, everything would be cooler with them. But they are unable to disconnect from the obsession with winning. Also the fans, they can never admit they stole a match or deserved to lose! Hey Juventini, take it easy! In addition to this, what also irritates me is how there is this dark aura around them, where everyone in the Italian media and football world in general (excluding the fans and a few clubs) are scared of their power, first represented by Agnelli, now by Moggi. You should see how everyone sucks up to them, and are worried to do or say anything wrong about Juve in the fear of being punished by I don’t know what dark force! It’s crazy, and because of this I can now say Moggi is the Evil Emperor and Capello Darth Vader! (mmm, gotta watch my back now!)

Goal: And what do you grudgingly admire?

George: Well Totti is a great player and even Cassano, though hopefully the latter player will see the light and join us next season!

Alex: Well, it’s kind of connected to what I said above. Their great hunger for victory is what allows their players to play extremely concentrated in every match and take their jobs seriously. This is also reflected in the great organization of the club. But that’s about it…

Goal: What’s your fondest memory of past clashes against them?

George: In recent years not too many when you consider the four goals we conceded last season and when they came from 2-0 behind to draw level and win the Scudetto. However I’m sure that Thursday’s match will be the fondest memory I will have from recent years.

Alex: Ah, how many. Surely the top of the top was Montella’s 94th minute goal in the 2000-2001 season that allowed us to tie a game we were down 2-0 with 15 minutes to be played. What an orgasm! It basically allowed us to win our 3rd Scudetto, I can still remember the play, Nakata, who had earlier pulled one back for us, enters the left side of the box, he shoots, Van der Sar palms the ball away, and Montella volleys home from short-range. A goal that enveloped all that Roma is about. The Dream.

Goal: What do you think the score of this match will be?

George: Well the result is obviously going to be in favour of Juventus. The real question should be: By which margin will the bianconeri win? The answer to that is probably a 2-0.

Alex: Roma fans never predict Roma matches. Let’s just hope it’s a match everyone can enjoy, and that our players give it their best. Forza Magica Roma!

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
Let's say Totti hasn't lost the habit, and he spits. I hope cameras of the 50% of the Italian media that is not Romanista and cameras of international TV would broadcast the spit enhanced in 3D, with metering of the speed, as well as the quantity of the matter, the consistency, the impact zone affected as well as the emotional impact on the receiver.

I hope Totti sinks himself in his own shit during this game. If there one thing that the spoiled brat cannot do is take the pressure.

I hope International networks broadcast ininterruptly Totti spit for the next week or so and Totti gets indelebly marked as "the lama did it again" guy.

xziz :devil:

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
Collina the referee finds himself in the middle of a crowded Romanist area, during a free kick execution by Del Piero. Collina's focusing on the barrier alignment and ready to whistle.

Collina's bald is shining, right in front of Zotti's net. Del Piero spots the rebound and, at the referee's whistle, kicks the ball with a 140Km/hr shot right onto the shiny bald. Collina's caught by surprise and cannot withdraw his bold from the path of Del Piero's missile. The ball hits the bald with violence and rebounds past Zotti's shoulders and into the net. Goal for Juventus and the entire stadio is up and standing chanting "col-li-na ... tumb tumb tumb" "col-li-na ... tumb tumb tumb" "col-li-na ... tumb tumb tumb" .

Colllina unespectedly hit on his nose is unable to continue the game and gets substituted by his second man. The game goes on. Close-up of Del Piero's smile after the wonderful strike broadcasted in world vision for 1 billion people.

xziz :devil:

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
i think that the Roma match won't be easy but afterall we MUST WIN cause our rivals will be waiting for us to slip & therfore we don't want to let them close the gap at this stage of the league !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)