[Serie A] Juventus - Roma (5 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
!@$@!*$@!()$*!@!!$ :(:(:(

Cassano to face Juve
Tuesday 26 October, 2004

Antonio Cassano could be reintegrated into the Roma squad for Thursday’s clash at Juventus.

The youngster was expected to be left out after he was told to train on his own in a bid to rediscover his best form.

But reports emerging from the peninsula suggest that he may now feature at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

The 22-year-old trained with the rest of his teammates on Monday before having lunch with sporting director Franco Baldini.

The two men are believed to have spoken about a number of issues and agreed that Cassano would probably be included for the Turin trip.

That news will not be welcomed by Juventus stopper Fabio Cannavaro, who had hoped the starlet would be absent.

"I hope that he doesn’t play," smiled the defender. "Antonio is a great individual who is difficult to play against.

"Even if Roma have a great strike force who are always dangerous in every game they play."

However, Juventus have conceded just two goals so far this term. "We are the most solid side in the Division right now," added Cannavaro.

"We may be less spectacular than Inter and Milan but we are more concrete than they are."

The Old Lady are currently top of the table, five points ahead of Milan and eight clear of the Nerazzurri.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Cassano to face Juve
Tuesday 26 October, 2004

Antonio Cassano could be reintegrated into the Roma squad for Thursday’s clash at Juventus.
It says could. It doesn't say that he is definitely in the squad.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Capello facing his past
Tuesday 26 October, 2004

Juventus boss Fabio Capello says life is much easier in Turin than it was in the capital with Roma.

Capello made the comment ahead of Thursday’s game at the Delle Alpi as he faces his former club for the first time since his shock departure.

"There is too much tension in Rome but the situation is totally different here," stated the tactician. "There is a particular environment in that city, unique in the football world.

"The tension makes it tough to work in even if I did stay there for five consecutive years which is a lot.

"Things are easier here. My relationship with the media is also different, I have a much better understanding with them."

Capello’s exit, to join deadly rivals Juve, shocked many in the capital, including star man Francesco Totti who wasn’t impressed with Capello’s choice.

But the tactician insists that he has nothing against any of his former players or the club.

"I haven’t got a problem with anyone," he added. "I thank the President and the squad but a Coach can’t stay forever with one club.

"Only in England can a manager remain with the same outfit for a sustained period of time."

Thursday’s clash will also be an important game for Jonathan Zebina and Emerson who left Roma for Juve in the summer too.

"This match must be treated just like any other for Zebina and Emerson," concluded the former Milan boss.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Cassano to face Juve
Tuesday 26 October, 2004
i kind of expected it,to be honest.his inclusion could well decide the outcome of this match and del neri knows it just as well as we all do.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I already expected Cassano to play against us..........

We can win whether they have Cassano playing or not! The intro of Cassano will prove to be hard for us, but as long as we defend well, we can win!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Cassano + Collina hm...........

Rather tough game for us, but come on guys, we r Juve! We should be able to overcome this match and get w in for ourselves!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well i don't know how will Del Neri play.......i guess it would be montella,cassano and totti behind them..

It will be a tough contest for the defenders, very tough the midfield will have to play a big game cuz cassano and totti will move around in the midfield.

IF delneri doesn't start with two strikers then the job for the defenders i think wouldn't as tough .

Either way we should have the other hand in the match.

OP
44BigBert

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #240
    i bet cassano will be on the field to play against us on thursday. roma will face a lots of pressure from media and fans if they don't play cassano and lose the game.
    after thursday's game, they could say they have already put up the strongest squad but juve is too good to beat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)