SERIE A: Juventus - Reggina (8 Viewers)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i've read what thuram sed, he's always the sensible one....;)

i saw DP's disallowed goal, agree with sally......on some angle, he touched it, from other angles....he didnt. but simply put, even if he did not touched the ball, there was no way the ref can see it in "real time". well, if we cant see it even tho seeing from every angle.....just imagine what the ref saw in split second.....

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
The results of this round just show how tight Serie A could be. I'm sure those who burried us alive and lost all faith in clinching the Scudetto (28th, 3rd consecutive time) would think again. The thing is, from now on the so called small teams will fight desperatley for every single points to avoid relegation. This would be harder for Milan as it was evident in Lecce.

Anyway, about the match itself I can't say that I was totally satisfied. But hey I would take 3 points and a clean sheet ;)

Here are some points:

* Buffon seems to regain his form of last season in just about the right time. He looked confident and his saves were crucial. Well done, Gigi.

* Zambro was much more better as leftback than rightback. Lippi should reconsider this swap in positions with Pesso. Luca's fatal backpass at the end of the match could've also cost us dearly, he should be more careful next time !!

* Credit to Pesso, his cross caused all the confusion infront of Reggina's goal and led up to Maresca ultimately scoring.

* Thuram and Legro need more time for thier partnership to flourish. It looked shaky at times, but it could work out me thinks.

* Di Vaio rarely shines when he starts a match. Just play him off the bench and he kills it !!

* Nedved is slowing down at the wrong time. Hopefully, he bounces back soon.

* Maresca is having a good time isn't he :) Let's hope he keeps it up till the end of the season.

* Any other day Alex would've scored, he was extremely unlucky against Reggina not to.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I agree with you all after watching the highlights.
Good game in overall!
Congrats Del piero!coming back in time....i hope...:angel:
Better defence this time....miedfiled...everything+unlucky in attacks
+clean sheet!!!
Great!:cheesy:
Let's now look forward to the next matches!!!
FORZA JUVE!:cool:

Does anyone have Maresca's goal?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Denco and Dpf, your analysis is spot on !!!!

I watched the Ancona-Roma game before Juve played, and Juve can learn a few things by watching Ancona play defense

Hard to believe that their defense looks better than ours (and costs LESS money)

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
I agree with you all after watching the highlights.
Good game in overall!
Congrats Del piero!coming back in time....i hope...:angel:
Better defence this time....miedfiled...everything+unlucky in attacks
+clean sheet!!!
Great!:cheesy:
Let's now look forward to the next matches!!!
FORZA JUVE!:cool:

i tottaly agree but come on if u keep conte on one side the midfilers were doing a great job i mean tacchinardi of all people did an amazing job in the first half and second a bit aggresive though...

better defense couldnt have said it better myself and even buffon improved
its deff forza juve!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #448
    Thanks for the match reports fahad and denco :)

@Zlatan: fair comment..

JuveGuy

Aug 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++

Here it is:

Maresca's goal: http://www.powow.com/rete/Juve1Reggina0.zip
    Del Piero's 'hand ball goal': http://www.powow.com/rete/JuveHandball.zip
    Del Piero's nice move and three bars: http://www.powow.com/rete/DPvsReggina.zip
    Match highlight: http://www.shokz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/juve-regg.zip

Thanks to Jose luis pirri's and icey's nice stuff.
    And I recommend you right click and save as, using download-manager may get a missing.php...

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    About DP's "handball", here's what I thought when I watch the replay last night. MAybe I'm wrong and maybe I'll be biased but what the hell::D

With some angle it did seem his hand touched the ball but with some it was quite clear that his it was his head hit the ball. When the ball got in, Reginna's goalie didn't protest against it, the defense palyers said nothing but waled away. It seemed no one close enough to see the goal thought it was a handball. Like 2 seconds later then we heard the whistle.

I think DP did talk to the ref, but what more could you do when you saw a referee running to you, already with a yellow card in his hand??
    Argue with him and you'd end up with a red card.

Now the goal had been disallowed and there's nothing we can do but at least we should look into the chance that DP has his yellow card cancelled, if he really didn't touch the ball with his hand??

P.S. I'm glad we won!! Forza Juve!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I've watched the replay countless times, and it's still not clear what happened, even when playing it frame by frame :wallbang:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #458
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    del piero last kick to the bar :eek:
    that's why we cant sell him. :cool:
    That was world-class :cool::thumb:

Forza ADP!

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++

I dont agree. He doesnt argue with the refs but he always goes over and has a talk with them, he pushes his hands together in the begging motion and always talks about it in a very calm and orderly manner. Last night he didnt do even that. If it had been a legal goal he would have at least said "I'm not objectig, but I really didnt touch it with my hand" or something like that.

Anyways, I think he was good, but not as good as everyone on here says. Still, better than Diva and Neddy.
    Did you watch the match at the stadium??

This is so weird!! It seems that everyone didn't see DP arguing with the Ref. But I watch the tape I recorded and it shows DP arguing. But he didn't seem to be furious. But he did argued.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I honestly didnt see it. I just saw him smile and walk away. Besides, not many opposition players will raise their hands if everything was ok. If a defender starts arguing and raises his hand it is very likely something is wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)