SERIE A: Juventus - Perugia (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
Legro will be unavailable i heard so Tudor could probably take is place i guess.

I want Oddo and Lucio during this transfer window hopefully :/

finally some Serie A action ! Hopefully Juve start 2004 with not only a win but also a solid all round performance.
Yeah, Oddo and Lucio would be two very useful acquisitions. I know that I've bashed the latter in the past, and I still say that he's not as good as the likes of Chivu, Marquez, and Mexes, but he's the only decent centre back that hasn't already played in Europe this season. I also hope that if we get Oddo, Thuram makes a successful move to central defence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
I also hope that if we get Oddo, Thuram makes a successful move to central defence.
well yes in the Serie A... but what happens in Europe ? Thuram back to RB ? I don't think the constant shifiting of Thurams position is a good idea at all.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
That's why I believe that Moggi will not go for Oddo before June.
agree.... i also see liltle chance that such think will happen.. being a good investor and all, Juve board never invest on thing they cant fully utilize....

i think that Daniel guy is more propable target..;)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
It's not a matter of gelling; it's a matter of two small forwards up front which doesn't make too much sense since both prefer starting from the 3/4 of th epitch, therefore with them together we would not have a lone striker up front ready to pounce on the ball.
And that is exactly what I want. Put an end to this dreadful lone striker syndrome.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
But having no striker up front and 3 forwards who are start from the 3/4 of the pitch will keep us toothless up front and too predictable.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Lippi announced the formation:

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Birindelli, Ferrara, Tudor, Zambrotta; Appiah, Conte, Maresca; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Montero, Camoranesi and Zalayeta have only been with the team from the 2nd of January so therefore they are not match fit; they will sit on the bench.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
But having no striker up front and 3 forwards who are start from the 3/4 of the pitch will keep us toothless up front and too predictable.
With Maresca & Nedved we won't be so predictable. Anyway looks like Lippi had other ideas ...
Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Birindelli, Ferrara, Tudor, Zambrotta; Appiah, Conte, Maresca; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet
Am scared about Conte at central mid.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
i tink conte will do ok. where is miccoli is he injured or anything or is he just on the bench and i think what lippi said abought davids having an ankle injury is bull.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
If you ask me, we'll buy no one in January.
when was the last time we bought a player in the middle of the season? ? ?
We bought Davids!!!

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I just read the preview.. Thanx Glenn but, I have a question about this..

The South American players only joined the team training from the 2nd of January, therefore Montero, Camoranesi and Zalayeta will sit on the bench.
isn't camoranesi an italian..? well officially..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)