SERIE A: Juventus - Perugia (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Sally Maccarone is still with Boro (he played the last match against Utd).

Yeah Vryzas played his last match for Perugia in the last league game and was given the honour of wearing the captain armband's. Perugia fans love him and thanked him for his years with them.

I think at one point 2 years ago, there was speculation Juve were following him...luckily it was just speculation.

Aug 1, 2003
yeah. dont think vryvas would suit in juve :undecide:
IIRC the match will be played on 6th january, that would be on a tuesday... isn't serie a on weekends? why tuesday? am I asking too many questions? :embarass:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yes, you're asking too many questions Sal ;)

Anyways, the game is just around the corner and I'm not sure if Thuram and Tacchinardi will be fit for this game. They better be because we already have defensive problems with Legrottaglie injured and Iuliano suspended. I expect to see Del Piero and Trezeguet leading the attack with Nedved in his free role slightly behind them. If Lippi sticks with the 3-4-1-2 then we'll have Birindelli on the right, Zambrotta on the left and two of Appiah, Maresca and Tacchinardi in the centre. With Iuliano and Legrottaglie unavailable the back three should consist of Thuram, Ferrara and Montero.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I actually read an interview with Legro yesterday or the day before where he admitted he really screwed up and that in reality he has no 'pubalgia'.

Sally it's being played on Tuesday so first of all to recover the lost match due to the holidays, and second in Italy January 6th is a national holiday if I'm not mistaken (La befana and also when the three mages broughts presents to Jesus child).

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I actually read an interview with Legro yesterday or the day before where he admitted he really screwed up and that in reality he has no 'pubalgia'.

:undecide:

i really hope Pubalgia doesnt mean peni$

:undecide:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Well i hope Juve will start the new year with a great win.:cheesy:
My prediction:
4-1.
See ya all till Thursday.
FORZA JUVE!!!:fero::fero::fero::cool:

Aug 1, 2003
whats pubalgia?
Ohh yeah Tacc and Thuram are supposedly injured, that sucks, I never take Perugia too lightly ...

Last season the minute Chimenti came in he conceded a goal :groan: :D

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
happy new year to all of you... little late..I know.. but this is the first time i log in in 2004.. :cheesy:

back to subject.. I think this match could be tough due to the mass absence of our defence.. but if our attack does its job, there should be no problems..

I hope lippi plays like this:

---------------------buffon

------birindelli-----ferrara----montero

--------------davids
--------------------------maresca
--micco---------------------------------Zambro

--------------------Nedved
-----------DV------------------DP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
happy new year to all of you... little late..I know.. but this is the first time i log in in 2004.. :cheesy:

back to subject.. I think this match could be tough due to the mass absence of our defence.. but if our attack does its job, there should be no problems..

--------------davids

very attack minded side :D but i KNOW lippi will not play it :groan:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

--------------davids

I would very much like to see this ...

------birindelli-----Tudor/Ferrara-------Montero----Zambro

-------------Camo---------Appiah-------------maresca

---------------------------Nedved------------------------

------------------Miccoli------------------DP---------------

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I know Montero has had particularly bad days but atleast with Zambrotta present damage should be minimal. As for the mid - I don't think I've seen this combination yet. Question is how good will Maresca be on the left? Or maybe he can push forward/backwards as necessary and let Zambro do the damage on the wing.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Looking at stats, the Ferrara-Montero duo is the best we have in terms of least goals conceded.

Micco and DP cannot play together up front (unless there's a DV, Zala or a Trez).

Why is everyone leaving out Trezeguet, our top scorer of Serie A?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
When DP - Micco partnership clicks then it will be the beginning of a terrifying period. Am willing to sacrifice more time to get them to gel. Trez can always come in if things are not working out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)