Serie A: Juventus-Parma (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Next time you say Juve makes stars, keep in mind we're not the only ones ;)

Never really thought of it ;) Anyway, I wonder why the fans are happy with the Tanzi's after all the departured 'stars' .. are they?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

what is that supposed to mean :groan:
Obviously Evelyn8 is not really a Juve fan, but proving more and more each day just what kind of fool he/she is

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Never really thought of it ;) Anyway, I wonder why the fans are happy with the Tanzi's after all the departured 'stars' .. are they?
Not so much, not the Parma fans I've come across... :frown:

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Obviously Evelyn8 is not really a Juve fan, but proving more and more each day just what kind of fool he/she is

That explains the 'gay' rumours about Del Piero in the other thread :fero:

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Juventus are on sparkling form but Marcello Lippi insists the real test will be against Parma on Saturday afternoon.

Cesare Prandelli’s men have had a difficult start to the campaign and were defeated 2-0 at Vicenza in the midweek Coppa Italia second round, but the long-running battle with the Turin side is sure to bring out a stronger performance.

“We would never underestimate the Gialloblu,” warned Lippi.

“That kind of mentality simply does not exist at Juventus. We have enthusiasm and conviction, but also the realisation that we have many areas to improve upon.”

"We have done well up until now, but I need more confirmation from my men."

“I have various different ideas of the team in my head,” revealed the Coach, “and that is a useful option with such a large and talented squad. I have no intention of risking anyone’s health.”

The tactician has hinted at some major changes for this match as the Champions’ League games become trickier.

Pavel Nedved may be rested in favour of Mauro Camoranesi, while Mark Iuliano and Marcelo Salas should return to the starting line-up.

Several players have been showing signs of minor fitness problems, so Paolo Montero, Davide Baiocco and Igor Tudor should be given more time to fully recover.

That does not mean the Bianconeri will not be pouring forward and it’s likely we’ll see the trident attack of Marco Di Vaio, Alessandro Del Piero and Salas.

“We will be playing very attacking football. To do that you need absolute faith in the full fitness of your players, which is why you sometimes need to use the rotation system.”

These comments seem to allay fears of a revolt within the squad, particularly as Salas and David Trezeguet are finding difficulty getting into the line-up after long-term injury worries.

“The players know you cannot be at your best when playing two games per week for an entire season,” continued Lippi.

“They risk injury and therefore accept being replaced by teammates at times. That is why they are happy to see talented stars arriving, because they can take a rest without feeling that the team’s potential will be cut.”

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Italy international Marco Di Vaio faces former club Parma on Saturday for the first time since he agreed a season-long loan move to Juventus.

The diminutive striker switched to the Delle Alpi in the close season and has made an encouraging start in his new environment, culminating in his performance on Tuesday night when he scored twice as the Bianconeri thrashed Dynamo Kiev 5-0 in the Champions League.

But tomorrow will be a special occasion for the 26-year-old, who played for Parma against Juventus just a month ago as the two teams contested the Italian SuperCup - a match Juve won 2-1.

"The match against Parma will be emotional," he said on Juve's official website, www.juventus.it.

"I had three important years at Parma and I have many friends there, you cannot forget that just like that."

Juve paid Parma £4.4million to take Di Vaio to Turin for the season and the move has paid early dividends as they currently lie second in Serie A, one of four teams to have won both of their opening two games.

Parma have also made a promising start to the new campaign despite Wednesday's shock 2-0 defeat to Serie B Vicenza in the Coppa Italia.

An opening day draw with Udinese was followed by a 2-0 victory against Como in their last league outing.

But a trip to Juventus represents their hardest fixture of the season so far.

"To play against Juventus is always difficult, in order to get something positive against them we need to have a great Parma. We will have to be decisive and strong," Brazilian striker Adriano told the club's official website, www.acparma.it.

The visitors will be hoping for a fine performance from keeper Sebastien Frey as he comes face to face with former team-mate Di Vaio.

"I will give him a warm welcome but then on the pitch there will be war," Frey said.

----------------------
SportingLife.com
----------------------

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Di Vaio only spent a few years there.....i just can't stop thinking about how the Olympico will great Nesta who left them after 18 long years of Service!!
but thats another topic.....

anyway...i hope Di Vaio Plays well, becuase i remember that Buffon and Thuram were'nt too sharp when they met their former club the first time.

I hope Salas comes in and scores goals....he deserves it.

alenh

Sep 28, 2002
the match milan play against lazio which is still strong i think is rough one.for milan they may just get 1 or 0 points.And inter is
just so so ,they stand a good chance fo being beated by chievo.
parma is young and snappy but inexperienced,just looing our starting formation,all of 11 are seasoned and good enough to beated them.so we don't need draw,3 points is our purpose!!!
forza juve!

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
I think Juve will win 3-1. Parma have formed a habit of scoring against Juve in the last few years. And I don't see them stopping now. Juve must pay extra attention to Mutu, he's playing well for Parma, and he would want to prove himself to the team which backed out on his tranfer in the last few seconds.

About the Lazio - Milan game, Milan are clearly the stronger side. But you can expect a VERY hostile welcome from Lazio's fans, that will help Lazio a lot, I say the game would end in a 2-2 draw.

By the way, welcome to the forum alenh, I hope you enjoy your stay. ;)

alenh

Sep 28, 2002
Thanks,JuventusFan
yum-yum,I am sure I will have a good time here

And I agree with you
We need to pay more attention to mutu, brighi,they have lots of reasons to score against us! Also look after nakata and Lamouchi well,they have a habit of scoring against us!

Forza juve!

fayzi

Sep 26, 2002
I do hope Brighi score against us and the management regret to loan him to Parma but not in expense us losing the match, of course. lol

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
That bothers you? :D
Well, Ale is my fav. player and its not nice of people accussing him of being gay, out of jealousy .. if it was true, which I highly doubt, I would respect it though ...

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Parma travel to League leaders Juventus but Adrian Mutu and Adriano claim they are up to the challenge.

“We are relaxed,” assured ex-Verona hitman Mutu. “It is important to stay concentrated and although we realise it will be difficult, we want to get a result in Turin.”

“We know how Juventus play, they attack right from the start and don’t let go until the final whistle. We must be faster, more aggressive and throw them off their game.”

The Bianconeri are on fire at the moment and thrashed Dynamo Kiev 5-0 in the Champions’ League midweek.

“We are not afraid. In fact, we hope that result left them feeling a little complacent, although that is perhaps a false hope.”

Teammate Adriano is also confident of coming away from the Stadio delle Alpi unbeaten and has scored in both his Serie A games this season.

“We’ll need a great Parma performance to fight Juve. We must be strong, decisive and show a real desire to go out there and play for the points.”

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

First of all it would be nice if I could speak for myself

thank you.........

Now to answer DPforever question

I am by all means a Juve Fan

But Juve strength as a club
or a 'societa' which is the Italian word for this
and would more or less be translated to Society

is as much off the field as on the field.....
Anyone who is too ignorant or naive
to admit/see this should perhaps start supporting Roma with their Robin Hood President.,.....

In Italy it is said
If Agnelli says it is going to rain
it will rain...........

How many people here acutally watch our games.....

If Del Piero dived or not is not so important.....
But If you look to other situations such as Iuliano kicking down the same Empoli player two times in a row.....
and not getting a yellow card for any of the two offenses is bit suspecting.....

24hours later Sculli jumps in the Roma penalty area there is no body contact and the ref gives a penalty....

I know in order for the scheme to work
we have to keep a high face towards the outside world
and say nah nah its not true.....

but at least we can admit it to our selves

It is very hard to be objective when watching Juve so ts hard to actually see these favorings

But as Both Nicolla Macciavelli, Vilfredo Pareto and Peter Berger have said.....

the best lier is one who
thinks and Believes He/she is saying the truth..........

So inorder for 'our schme' to work let just say that we don't cheat........

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002

That explains the 'gay' rumours about Del Piero in the other thread :fero:
Having Baggio as my favorite player a long time ago
When Del Piero came he changed all that in a matter of weeks....

I supported the sale of Baggio to Milan
because my new favorite would be given playing time

and ever since that day he has been my favorite player.....

So to say I would like to down talk him is just nonsense.....

The Rumours is just because
I want to inform and be informed
of the truth I heard them
And I asked for confirmation or denial
sadly people seem to know less about him then the Italian from Torino.....

so know I don't know what to belive :frown:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Well, Ale is my fav. player and its not nice of people accussing him of being gay, out of jealousy .. if it was true, which I highly doubt, I would respect it though ...
It takes a 'special' kind of people to say these things I agree but I still don't see why people think of it as 'accusing'.... :undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)