Serie A: Juventus-Parma (1 Viewer)

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
Parma
The Jazzy Belle of Seria A

I am worried though Nakata and Adriano can cause some damage....

And then they have Frey in Goal
he is like Barthez he can be Superhuman or terrible..........

there is more to Parma then meets the eye.........

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
Yeah I agree. Trez doesn't add much out of the 18 yard box.
For a Team where the game becomes flowing I would prefer
Di Vaio and Zambrotta and Also Davids

But for a Game like say
Empoli or Modena
Who sit back defending with 85% of the team

We have to have really good box players
Like Treze

Camoresi Dribbling skills

And Tudor's height

Different Players for Different Games

But Always Del Piero.........

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
juve won on friendly match a serie c2 team, thats of course not a problem but good new are that trezeguet scored 3 goals and other goals from salas, sorrentino and olivera!!!

it's good that these playes scored and maybe olivera is a big talent, who knows. trezeguet scored 4 gaols last friendly match- thats not a surprise but it's good two. sorrentino can be good player too.

i hope these players can keeu up the good work and help us against parma (sorrentino obvisely wont gen to play)

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
I'm another one who hates playing this team. Nakata always plays well against us for some reason! Really I think only over confidence will be our worst enemy on Saturday. We are far better than this team, so we must show it. All said, I believe it will be a tough game and I'll take victory by any score.

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
hi guys, where have you been? :) am finally back, i missed each and every one of you guys !! i can see some new faces here in the forum, others are familiar.

im glad juve are doing great these days, they are on top form. i was surprised with di vaio's signing, but also happy for it. i heard that del piero is playing the matches of his life !! keep it up, captain :cheesy: i also heard that the new kid in the block (camoranesi) is also doing pretty well.

parma, huh?? we won against them in tripoli, i reckon we will do it again! nakata is a good friend of del piero's, hope he doesn't have a nasty gift for him on saturday night though, forza juve - all the way !!

p.s. tarmprop, what happened to that cute f1 driver?

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Welcome back Anastacia :) Yeah, where's tampropp? :look:

Anyways, I get to see Juve/Parma live tomorrow :extatic: I'd say a win to Juve by 2 goals:D

~Sarah

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Parma have Donati and Brighi in the centre... Adriano and Mutu upfront with Nakata playing behind them.

Scary shit if they wanna play well against Juve.

We must win and hope Lazio hold Milan to a draw.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
BACKGROUND

High-flying Juventus will be looking to match or better their Supercup success over Parma from the last month when they entertain the stuttering Gialloblu, in a hotly-anticipated match which will harbor special significance for several players on the field.

Juve new-boy Marco Di Vaio was still with Parma when an Alex Del Piero double gave the Bianconeri a 2-1 victory in the traditional preseason meeting of the reigning champions against the Italian Cup holders, and the zippy striker admitted that he still has strong ties to the Ennio Tardini.

"I've been relishing the fact that I've had a lot of time to re-connect with my friends and ex-teammates over the past couple of days," said Di Vaio, who bagged his first two goals in an official match for Juventus in Champions Leauge action from midweek. "Saturday's match will surely be very emotional for me. I was at Parma for three years and I had a great time there," he added.

It is also bound to be a sentimental day for Juventus duo Gianluigi Buffon and Lilian Thuram, who only just joined Juve from Parma slightly over a year ago. Young midfield talent Matteo Brighi will be looking forward to the match with added enthusiasm as well, as it was from Juventus that he joined Parma on loan during the summer.

FORMGUIDE

Juventus – last 5 matches (all comps) WWTWW

As Dynamo Kyiv will grudgingly testify, Juventus are firing on all cylinders at the moment. Marcelo Lippi's side were simply awesome in a five-star 5-0 demolition of the Ukrainian champions last Wednesday and considering these are still early days there is good reason to feel that the best is yet to come. Juve currently share the league-lead with the Milan clubs and Piacenza, having come out the victors from both of their Serie A games.

Parma – last 6 matches (all comps) LTTWL

Like their opponents on the day, Parma have also played five matches this 2002/03 campaign but with considerably less impressive results, however. Their first three competitive matches of the year left Claudio Prandelli's team still searching for their first win, which they managed to achieve through a 2-0 defeat of Serie A newcomers Como on the weekend. The confidence-boosting affects of that victory were undone by last Wednesday's loss to Vicenza in the opening round of the Coppa Italia, however.

LATEST TEAM NEWS

Montero, Tudor, Pessotto and Conte are still struggling to overcome injuries for Juventus, though there is positive news regarding the French bomber David Trezeguet, who is back available following his lengthy injury-layoff. As he did against Dynamo, Juve's most prolific scorer of last season is expected to come off the bench for a short run-out on Saturday. Marcelo Salas is likely to start the match from the sidelines as well, as Lippi is expected to prefer the in-form strike duo of Del Piero and Di Vaio to the yet unproven 'tridente'.

Parma coach Prandelli has his whole squad at his disposal and is again expected to give Australian international Mark Bresciano the nod ahead of Hidetoshi Nakata, as the ex-Empoli man has enjoyed an encouraging start to the season. The highly-promising new-look strike-force of Adriano and Adrian Mutu is looking better each game and is bound to cause many a problem for Juve's defense.

LOOK OUT FOR

You would be hard pressed to find a striker in Europe at the moment who is hotter than Alessandro Del Piero. Il Pinturicchio already has four Serie A goals to his name this season and just set a new record by becoming the most prolific Italian in the history of European competition when he found the back of the net during Juve's 5-0 demolition of Dynamo on Wednesday.

Sabri Lamouchi continues to rise in stature as a Parma player and he did his burgeoning reputation no harm at all when he scored a scorcher of a goal against Como on the weekend.

PROBABLES

Juventus: (4-3-1-2) Buffon; Thuram, Iuliano, Ferrara, Moretti; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids; Nedved; Del Piero, Di Vaio

Parma: (4-4-2) Frey; Benarrivo, Bonera, Ferrari; Junior, Brighi, Lamouchi, Filippini, Bresciano; Mutu, Adriano.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The funny thing about Parma is we have all their best players... :D Now if we team up with Lazio, we can field a much stronger Parma than Parma actually is... :LOL: Apart from Conceicao, Fuser, D. Baggio, Almeyda and perhaps Couto, all of the following players rose to fame at Parma... :D

ex-Parma (3-4-1-2): Buffon; Thuram, Cannavaro, Couto; Conceicao, Fuser, D. Baggio, Almeyda; Veron; Di Vaio, Crespo

vs

Parma (4-4-2): Frey; Benarrivo, Bonera, Ferrari; Junior, Brighi, Lamouchi, Filippini, Bresciano; Mutu, Adriano

Buffon : Parma from beginning to end.

Thuram : Bought from Monaco around Euro96. From just about totally unknown, he became one of the world's finest.

Cannavaro : Made his name at Parma.

Couto : Played for Barcelona/Parma when I first heard of him, not too popular anywhere, nevertheless he was considered very good at the time. Parma has at least part of the credit.

Conceicao : Made his name at Lazio, unwillingly moved to Parma for the Crespo deal after a great season in the capital. Never shined for Parma, never shined for Inter.

Fuser : Who knows, who cares.. :D;) Joined Parma as a seasoned professional.

D. Baggio : Not even sure where to identify his breakthrough. Was it at Juve or was it at Parma?

Almeyda : One of the very best performers in Lazio's scudetto winning season. Went to Parma through the Crespo deal. Never shined for Parma, never shined for Inter.

Veron : Showed his talent at his first Serie A club, Sampdoria. But he only really became well known starring for Parma. As a left winger he was assist man de luxe, he also scored from time to time. Sold to Lazio.

Di Vaio : Played for Lazio in his youth but years later Parma picked him up after two good sesason with Salernitana. At Parma he came into his own and started scoring 20 goals per season, candidate for the Azzurri shirt.

Crespo : Scored twice in the Copa Libertadores final for River at the age of 20. But his European breakthrough was long awaited, thanks to Ancelotti's patience Crespo made his mark at Parma after a couple of mediocre seasons. Sold to Lazio, Inter.

Next time you say Juve makes stars, keep in mind we're not the only ones ;)

dinoo

Aug 24, 2002
while i read all your posts,every second i remember last season and 28. round -that defeat could cost us A LOT!!! and remember a nakatas goal while he was in Rome season before.....ohhh,I just hope it is finaly end of that sheets for Juventus.
of course, all that young parma players can be good for us,because if we score early one,i am sure they will not find a way to come back because of lack of experience,i mean they havnt a LEADER like years before(thuram,crespo,buffon,cannavaro!!!,now di vaio...)they ARE good but adraino and mutu dont have that confidance and we will see it i hope!!!

ps just if we could keep our clean sheat untill Inter in 6.rnd(5.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)