[SERIE A] Juventus - Palermo (5th October, 2008) (64 Viewers)

Should Ranieri quit/be fired after this result?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
his feet was high but that did not even contact with the other guys shin, infact, his thigh hit that guys thigh. and the guy fell as though a african elephant had ran over him. this referee is a real racist. i believe if simplicio scored, it would not have counted for some reason by the ref
when Ale goes down like that, nobody cares...it's Momo's fault plain and simple...if he makes those stupid tackles he is bound to be sent off...that being said, the ref was a little trigger happy with the yellow cards

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
please i hate it when people start saying we have poor players. our performance is solely due to ranierie unable to use players well, who the f use grygera as a CB!! he worked hard n had his tooth knocked out idiot.

with a good manager, even lousy player can contribute well to a team
We do have very poor players "molinaro". We have too many average players (grygera, sali, poulsen, mellberg, kzenevic....) what do u call all these players ?!! Our best players are getting old and tired (del piero, nedved, camo....).

Still u find gigli saying that we need quantity more than quality WTF !!! Yes we can't build a great team in 1-2 years. But atleast we should buy 2-3 players that can add real quality to the team (thats just not happening).

The problem is not with ranieri "only" but rather our officials that are just poor....

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think he was good. We were more dangerous with him in the team.

Amauri also did ok. He had 3 or 4 players on his back all the time and yet he won so many duels. He was doing the midfielders' job for bigger part of the match.
The same can be said about Del Piero. Whenever he had the ball he had half of Palermo's team on his back.

The ones who completely failed were the midfielders. They let the defense exposed way too many times, they couldn't control the midfield and i don't remember a good pass from them.

Sissoko, Poulsen and Marchisio were imo our worst players because they didn't do anything right and they were destroyed whichever way you look at it.
Marchisio didn't lose a single duel and was always in place to recover a lot of balls. He was the only one who tried to drive the team forward. You know you're in bad shape though, when you have to rely on this 22 year old midfielder playing his second season in serie A to bring us a result.

Disease

Jan 4, 2003
i want to see if Murphy's Law comes true this time!!
if everyone wants it to happen(sack Ranieri), nothing will happen at all
Er, that's not Murphy's law.
Murphy's law is "if there's anything that can go wrong, it will."
By the looks of it, yeah, the law stands true.

Apr 15, 2006
He done wrong when take Poulsen off i think
It made Simplicio more free space in the midfield which cost us a second goal
Why would he take Poulsen off when we played with only 10 players and back up CB

And our players seem lack of passion
and it's the coach fault
cos we were pushing for a win! and it eventually bit us back!

alex'10

Sep 17, 2008
Secco has also got to go. He is simply incapable of preforming to the required standard. He has brought 2nd rate players to the club. We needed to two quality defenders and we got Melberg & Knezevic, we needed to sign a creative central midfielder and we signed another defensive midfielder. As sporting director & as head coach both Ranieri & secco should get the sack, Gigli & Blanc are no better, in fact there all useless, and should all go.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The most annoying thing I noticed in the match is how predictable we are. Marchisio had the ball and Salihamidzic was free on the wing, he raised his hand to receive the ball but he stood still to get it. These kinds of passes are the easiest to intercept and all these passes that were made where the receiver just waits were intercepted today.

Then the slow motion we play with makes one really wonder. First we played Zenit who are known to be fast then we play Catania who were also faster than us. Then we play BATE where they made us look like statues and today Palermo the same thing.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Marchisio will never be a big team player. You guys are just hyping him.

He does try hard but he lacks football knowledge to play CM.
His limited experience is his biggest deficiency. He totally outperformed his midfield collagues. The latter were bad granted, but that makes the game all the more harder for him.

Mar 3, 2008
He done wrong when take Poulsen off i think
It made Simplicio more free space in the midfield which cost us a second goal
Why would he take Poulsen off when we played with only 10 players and back up CB

And our players seem lack of passion
and it's the coach fault
Is it the coach to blame for Sissoko's stupidity?

I do blame him for taking out poulsen, but any coach with the lack of options we have and one player down will make wrong decisions.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I'm sick of this. Week in and week out I hope for a better display from our players, I hope for a sign of good things to come, all I see is a bunch of players that really don't give a shit whether they win or lose. Something is massively wrong.

Like Alen pointed out, I'm not even angry. I really am beggining to get used to this Juve, I mean, what else could I expect? They have no desire to win, it's pathetic. The only positive out of today is Marchisio, De Ceglie, and hopefully, the sacking of the Ranieri. I have defended him in the past, but this is just too much. The guy is clueless.

Let's get real.

1- We could not control the fucking ball for more than 9 seconds in the first half. It was amazingly disturbing the way we were playing.

2- I don't know what's wrong with Momo, but quite frankly, he's not up to it. He's a shadow of his former self and if we want to salvage anything out of this wreck-bound season, we need to start making dramatic changes.

3- The players didn't even try, and that's what bothered me the most. It's like they didn't even want to win the game. I have been watching Juve for a long time and they have always been a team so full of grit and determination. We had none of that today, almost as if the players planned to lose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)