[SERIE A] Juventus - Palermo (5th October, 2008) (61 Viewers)

Should Ranieri quit/be fired after this result?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think I will give no ratings for this match. Just few things or few points....

-I was spot on about Marchisio, can't pass can't cross.

-Camoranesi? He's playing football?

-Amauri wasn't playing football, but more like Chestball.

-Grygera loosing his teeth was something!

-Knezevic is a world class player.

-Salihamidzic, wow. can't describe his performance.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I thought we started off somehow on the right track and with time we will only improve. Quite the opposite has happened, ever since the game against Catania, a different team was out there. That team looked even worse against BATE and now it looked in its worst (can it get worse than that?) shape against Palermo.

No will to win and mostly no will to even play. The team doesn't work on the ball, they just hoof the ball hastily wishing it would reach super Amauri who would do wonders or reach Del Piero and win us a free kick. That is the only thing they do. Three defensive midfielders couldn't hold possession, they couldn't stop Palermo from threatening our backline and they couldn't pass the ball forward.

At several occasions I saw De Ceglie passing the ball back to the defenders so they would kick it long to the forward line. Are they instructed to do that? Or are they not instructed to do anything at all?

Something has to be done really fast and it is good that we are up to an international break which will probably bring something positive this time.

Buffon 6: Not to be blamed for the goals.

Grygera 5: Inefficient at the wing and shaky in the center. And now toothless.
Mellberg 5.5: Shaky
Knezevic 4: Has no clue what an offside trap means nor marking for the matter
De Ceglie 6: Our best defender today
Salihamidzic 5.5: Did one or two good runs forward and that's about it.

Sissoko 5: Hasty decisions
Poulsen 5: Invisible
Marchisio 6: Our best midfielder but he's only human
Camoranesi 4: Did nothing
Nedved 4: Did nothing either

Giovinco 6: Bad in the first half, good in the second. He looked hungry and wanting after the break but couldn't do that extra thing we are waiting for.
Del Piero 6: Average performance, was a good team player and scored a free kick but the magic was not there
Amauri 5: Not his day and he was too selfish

Ranieri 4: He should either do his job or let someone else do it. This is not acceptable.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
First BATE and now this, I'm gona get some fierce stick for this, but you know Ranieri doesn't care about the fans in the pubs full of AC supporters!

Seriously though give him two more weeks, thats enough time to aclimatise, even though he managed an almost identical team last year.......

If we beat Real he can stay :D
So we can lose to Cagliari someone even worse. People say this direction we're going in is going to get us to Uefa cup, truth is that with this direction we'll be figthing for getting to second round of the Coppa.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
It's unfortunate we had our 4 best CB's out with injury at the same time. Anyway we are paying now for not making solid reinforcements to the defence for two straight mercatos. That goes for fullbacks and CB's.

On another note it's sad to see that my favourite player Mauro Camoranesi has such a weak mentality. When things start to go the wrong way it's like he plays badly on purpose so that he can feel sorry for himself when the team is losing. Disgusting.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
our directors suck!...how can a team like milan in UEFA CUP can get RONALDINHO SHEVCHENKO ZAMBROTTA and other amazing players.

a team like juve in CHAMPIONS LEAGUE actually brought in KNEZVIC, POULSON, MELBERG

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I guess turin will be very noisy after today's performance
the only noise I heard at the stadium were the "OLAY'S" that the Palermo fans were shouting towards the end of the game, every time they passed the ball

this shit happening in OUR stadium......how pathetic !!! :pado:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think I will give no ratings for this match. Just few things or few points....

-I was spot on about Marchisio, can't pass can't cross.

-Camoranesi? He's playing football?

-Amauri wasn't playing football, but more like Chestball.

-Grygera loosing his teeth was something!

-Knezevic is a world class player.

-Salihamidzic, wow. can't describe his performance.
You are totally off about Marchisio. He was by far our (with DP) our best player today. Marchisio was the only one able to open up play from midfield with his crosspassing.

Camoranesi came into a formationless team in the second half without any position.

Amauri did all he could with the space and service.

Knezevic wasn't that bad, he was just tested way too often. Cant expect him to inspire in defence in his debut when the rest of team isn't functioning at all. Certainly no great player though, agreed.

We just play with 11 players (10 today), but we have no formation. No movement noone combining or any link-up play.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
LOL, now i want to remind some "experts" here, who blamed me after first match vs Fio, when i said that Poulsen isnt our level.. i was right as always
dont try and be smart, with a manager like this, not much players can perform unless you are Leo Messi, who appears only once in a long time. great players can turn bad if they are used wrongly. who the f play grygera in CB, and actualli rely on sissoko marchisio n poulson to dictate plays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)