[Serie A] Juventus - Milan (7 Viewers)

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
Lol, did you people see how DP was just standing in his own half most of the time?

He was getting no balls though so I can understand that.

I can understand why people bash him for being invisible all the time but when you consider the fact that the strategy we're currently using doesn't involve him much other than fillin the 11th spot......

Nedved was sucky too.

Hell, our whole midfield sucks, except for Emerson. We play too many damn DMFs. I miss those days when we were an attack oriented team with Zidane, Deschamps, Davids... Oh, those were the days. We have no creative midifielder. Nedved's a hardworker, not a magician, sadly...

mikko

Dec 9, 2004
Cannavaro, one of the best on the field, noticed the different condition between Juventus and A.C.Milan: "We’re both big teams, with talented players. We started strongly at the beginning of the season, they reached shape a bit later. Therefore it is acceptable that we’re a little tired now, but the break will help."

Sep 14, 2003
I just don't accept tiredness as a valid excuse for such a below par performance. We allowed Milan so much space and time on the ball right from the start that it encouraged them. Poor tactics if you ask me, along with some players' poor form.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think the best i saw in the game....was that faboulous tackle cannavaro did on sheva... One of the best i have seen so far!!.

Aparet for our clean sheet.... we were not in the levels of milan,,,and this tie,, will means possibly a massacre in meazza,,,,

so we better start to collect a lot of points from now on.

We need more personality in the midfield.

mikko

Dec 9, 2004
I just want to hope it:

We are leader of the table... even four points. That is good.
Juventus was miserable yesterday, but after the break we are coming again better than now. After the break Juve will take wins, points, and Scudetto number 28. I believe, I have to believe, I want to believe.

We will see...

Happy Christmas to all of you!!!

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
The best thing about the Juventini yesterday was the attendance...by far the best crowd in terms of attendance I have seen since I have been to delle alpi..even though there was a record number of Milanisti (as always).

That said: the CRESPO take down was a PK...the Kaka stoppage of play was embarrasing: Juve had the 'advantage' call with Nedved and minutes later it was not awarded on a 3 on 2.
Anyhow..outplayed...outclassed...your midfield had absolutely NOTHING going on. Del Piero was not to blame because he was ALONE. More over, Zlatan couldn't UNLEASH Billy Costacurta as he said on the post game interviews. quote "he doesn't play like he is in his late 30's"
But the classic was Nedved KICKING Cafu and falling in the process and being awarded a free kick: Yet another NEDDY show of class.

You may be atop the standings (KUDOS for that) but no one not even Juventini yesterday believed this was the best Team in Serie A.

P.S. I will refer you to the rule book on the Billy handball: when it bounces off the defenders body and THEN hits the arm its involuntary...textbook case. There were not even boos in the audience for that call once the replay was shown. Football fans know the rules....

Enjoy your Christmas Dinner and ask Santa for some luck for the rest of the season because this type of play ain't getting you far.

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
The best thing about the Juventini yesterday was the attendance...by far the best crowd in terms of attendance I have seen since I have been to delle alpi..even though there was a record number of Milanisti (as always).

That said: the CRESPO take down was a PK...the Kaka stoppage of play was embarrasing: Juve had the 'advantage' call with Nedved and minutes later it was not awarded on a 3 on 2.
Anyhow..outplayed...outclassed...your midfield had absolutely NOTHING going on. Del Piero was not to blame because he was ALONE. More over, Zlatan couldn't UNLEASH Billy Costacurta as he said on the post game interviews. quote "he doesn't play like he is in his late 30's"
But the classic was Nedved KICKING Cafu and falling in the process and being awarded a free kick: Yet another NEDDY show of class.

You may be atop the standings (KUDOS for that) but no one not even Juventini yesterday believed this was the best Team in Serie A.

P.S. I will refer you to the rule book on the Billy handball: when it bounces off the defenders body and THEN hits the arm its involuntary...textbook case. There were not even boos in the audience for that call once the replay was shown. Football fans know the rules....

Enjoy your Christmas Dinner and ask Santa for some luck for the rest of the season because this type of play ain't getting you far.
the team who needs luck is the team who needs 4 more points biatch:blah: whaha:rofl:

and ow yeh.. beware of Juve AFTER the winterbreak cause when we get our form back Milan is shit and they know it.. it does not happen often that Milan has a chance against Juve you know:rofl:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gogeta ] ++
One word LUCKY
I'd be careful there. "Luck" and "bad officiating" are the salve of losers. About one in three matches ends in a draw, and that's rarely because both teams are truly even on the pitch.

Milan outplayed Juve's pants yesterday, but Juve looked to be playing for a draw ... and Milan just didn't have what it took to create decent chances at cracking the Juve defense. Lots of possession, but the threats were few, meager, and far between. I don't think a draw was entirely undeserving for either side. Milan hardly looked like a side that was going to go sweeping the CL this season. (I'll save that for Chelsea or even Barca at the moment.)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

If you saw the game, you could see the chances, but you can't admit it, because your love for Alex is too big. ;)
Alex has missed sitters before, as anyone else, but it's even arrogant to assume we created such chances yesterday, Arif. Surely DP didn't miss a sitter ,).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

I'd be careful there. "Luck" and "bad officiating" are the salve of losers. About one in three matches ends in a draw, and that's rarely because both teams are truly even on the pitch.

Milan outplayed Juve's pants yesterday, but Juve looked to be playing for a draw ... and Milan just didn't have what it took to create decent chances at cracking the Juve defense. Lots of possession, but the threats were few, meager, and far between. I don't think a draw was entirely undeserving for either side. Milan hardly looked like a side that was going to go sweeping the CL this season. (I'll save that for Chelsea or even Barca at the moment.)
That is where the thesis of "two great sides cancel each other out" comes in to play. However, even though both teams looked lackluster, it is hard to judge whether or not the clubs in question have what it takes to compete in Europe. I think if anything it shows how strong both clubs are, really.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

I don't think a draw was entirely undeserving for either side. Milan hardly looked like a side that was going to go sweeping the CL this season.
you were gaining my respect for your football posts swag but this dropped you way down with the pigeons: ARE YOU KIDDING?

A tie was the deserving score?

put aside the pull down on Crespo (what can you do)

but Juve did SWEET FOK ALL...how did they deserve a tie?

This TEAM is supposed to be the BEST SERIE A has to offer..then we are in trouble (Italians)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

you were gaining my respect for your football posts swag but this dropped you way down with the pigeons: ARE YOU KIDDING?

A tie was the deserving score?

put aside the pull down on Crespo (what can you do)

but Juve did SWEET FOK ALL...how did they deserve a tie?

This TEAM is supposed to be the BEST SERIE A has to offer..then we are in trouble (Italians)
We deserve a draw simply because we were able to hold back Milan. If Crespo deserved a penalty that wasnt called, blame the referee, not us!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fabiana is right, we deserved a draw because we played excellent defense. Milan might have deserved to win because they had more possesion. No matter how you look at it, the result is the result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)