[Serie A] Juventus - Milan (3 Viewers)

Kaka22

Aug 6, 2004
well guys there are 5 hours untill the game and just wanted to tell you that I hope it will be a fair and great game and let the best team win!see ya tomorow with the coments!!!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Ancelotti keeps his cool
Saturday 18 December, 2004

Milan have the opportunity to close up to just one point from leaders Juventus, but Carlo Ancelotti believes there’s no rush in the Scudetto race.

“We aren’t panicking with the desire to win this game at all costs,” he said ahead of tonight’s Stadio Delle Alpi showdown. “We must concentrate only on playing well, as it will be an important tie, but not a decisive one.”

Juventus have been on top of the table since the season kicked off and Ancelotti pays tribute to the team he once managed.

“They play a very practical style of football without too many distractions, which is at the heart of it what all Coaches want for their sides. Juve have the confidence that comes with a run of strong results and they were able to settle very quickly despite bringing in several new players.”

The key to the Turin encounter could be in midfield, where the likes of Pavel Nedved and Emerson will collide with Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso.

“Juve are an aggressive squad,” noted Ancelotti, “so we must try to keep hold of the ball and move it around quickly. An opponent could just avoid the problem by launching long balls over the defence, but that certainly is not Milan’s style.”

Fabio Capello rarely changes his tactics, but Ancelotti prides himself on having several options at his disposal, even if Jon Dahl Tomasson has not made the trip due to a bad back.

“The Christmas tree formation could be an idea in this case, as last year against Roma we played perhaps our best game of the season with that system. These are matches in which at times the last-minute surprise you spring on your colleague can be decisive.”

That 2-1 victory at the Stadio Olimpico against Roma started Milan’s ascent towards the title, as up until then Capello’s squad had been undefeated, but it’s unlikely he will leave out Hernan Crespo on current form.

The Bianconeri have stuttered a little in recent weeks and some claim the 2-2 draw at Inter dented their previously unblemished confidence.

“Perhaps the fact they started early for the Champions’ League preliminary round could affect their fitness as time goes on. All I do know is that Milan are on fine form and can do their best in Turin.”

Ancelotti had publicly called for Pierluigi Collina to referee this all-important match, but the draw handed them Paolo Bertini instead.

“I think Bertini is doing well this season and I realise Collina isn’t the only one who can do this game justice,” added the Rossoneri boss.

channel4.com

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
2-0, 2-1, or 3-1 for Milan. FOOOORZA JUVEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I hope Nedved scores a screamer or two, and DP or Zlatan scoring as well. god I'm nervous! I hope I'll be online during the match!!

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I will not be online when the match is on, since my TV isnt in my computer-room ;) well, u will hear from me after the game..

2-2, believe me. Remember who u heard it from :)

FORZA JUVE!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If Zala starts ahead of DP I'll be pissed. In big games such as these the best thing to do is to start your best players. Alex may be struggling a tad bit atm but I thought he looked pretty good against Maccabi a week and a half back and he has the quality to make a difference. Leaving him out would be ignorant imo.

Feb 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
If Zala starts ahead of DP I'll be pissed. In big games such as these the best thing to do is to start your best players. Alex may be struggling a tad bit atm but I thought he looked pretty good against Maccabi a week and a half back and he has the quality to make a difference. Leaving him out would be ignorant imo.
Right, and his goal was a good one too...

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i won't be here for the match!!!

thanx god...because i think i wouldn't be able to have heart attacks every time i would be refreshing the page!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)