[Serie A] Juventus - Milan (5 Viewers)

Kaka22

Aug 6, 2004
well Juve are in a better position cos' if we draw there will still be the 4 pt difference.To be honest i would also be happy with a draw!:)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Tommorow i will probably go to pub to watch the game on a big screen with lots of Juventinis & Milanistas also...

Forza Juve!!!:cool:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Capello: Let's end this now
Friday 17 December, 2004

Fabio Capello wants to eat his Christmas dinner safe in the knowledge he has a seven-point advantage over Milan and won’t settle for anything less.

“We will not play for the draw,” insisted the Coach ahead of Saturday’s Scudetto showdown. “Of course whatever the result we’ll go into the Christmas break on top of the table, but Juventus simply don’t have it in them to settle for a point.”

The Bianconeri can afford to share the spoils at the Stadio Delle Alpi, especially as their form has dipped slightly over the last few weeks, but Capello puts that thought from his mind as he prepares to take on his former club.

“These two teams are equal on every level and it simply isn’t true that Milan are on better form at the moment. I saw a good performance away to Bologna last week. In any case, this will not be a decisive game for the title race, not even if we go seven points clear.”

Gianluigi Buffon will be able to start despite suffering from flu symptoms throughout the week, while there are reports Marcelo Zalayeta will push Alessandro Del Piero on to the bench.

“This tie can be decided by that moment of brilliance from an individual player,” warned the Coach. “As always in these top of the table affairs, ten minutes can turn the whole game around.”

Juventus know that all too well, having lost a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 at Inter in the closing stages. It was an incident that some say showed the first cracks in Capello’s armoury.

Turin will stage some important battles, including the clash of the last two European Players of the Year – Pavel Nedved and Andriy Shevchenko – but the tactician is looking to another star.

“I am happy with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and wouldn’t let him leave my squad for anything. I expect Carlo Ancelotti would say the same about Shevchenko. They play in a different style, but both strikers just love to entertain the crowds.”

It isn’t just Capello who is taking on his former club, as Ancelotti returns to the Delle Alpi as the reigning Italian Champion after years of being dubbed ‘a loser’.

“We both have Roma, Juve and Milan in our DNA,” smiled the Juve boss who also played or Coached these clubs. “Ancelotti is a great tactician and has proved his worth everywhere.”

The Delle Alpi is almost entirely sold out already for tomorrow night’s game and the final remaining tickets should be snapped up on the day.

Juventus squad:

Gk: Buffon, Chimenti, Bonnefoi

D: Ferrara, Montero, Pessotto, Birindelli, Zambrotta, Zebina, Cannavaro, Thuram

M: Tacchinardi, Emerson, Nedved, Camoranesi, Appiah, Blasi, Kapo,

F: Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Zalayeta

Milan squad:

Gk: Abbiati, Dida, Fiori

D: Cafu, Coloccini, Costacurta, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Pancaro

M: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Dhorasoo, Gattuso, Kakà, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho

F: Crespo, Shevchenko

Probable line-ups

Juventus: 1 Buffon; 27 Zebina, 21 Thuram, 28 Cannavaro, 19 Zambrotta; 16 Camoranesi, 8 Emerson, 20 Blasi, 11 Nedved; 9 Ibrahimovic, 10 Del Piero

Milan: 1 Dida; 2 Cafu, 13 Nesta, 3 Maldini, 4 Kaladze; 8 Gattuso, 21 Pirlo, 20 Seedorf; 22 Kaka; 11 Crespo, 7 Shevchenko

Ref: Bertini

mikko

Dec 9, 2004
I can't sleep, This is too much. Firstly I had to be nervous about CL's draw and now only 21 hours to game against Millan!!! Come on, It would be the time when referee blow his whistle.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
honestly i think it will be a 2-2 draw. sheva, crespo for milan and Nedved, CAnnavaro for juventus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)