[Serie A] Juventus - Milan (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Milan cannot afford to go 7 down, so they are going to be pretty pumped. If it's a low-scoring affair (i.e., if we make few mistakes), I think we'll draw or maybe even win. But odds are that I would pick Milan in this matchup.

I'll pick 1-2 in favor of Milan, though I'm definitely hoping for far better. :nervous:

Here's where Capello can prove his abilities to prepare for big games to me... we shall see.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Here's where Capello can prove his abilities to prepare for big games to me... we shall see.
word. this game is unique in that the team will be under intense pressure for the first time this season and under capello.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
if the style of the play is similar to byren match i think we will do it ....

we will play definisvely and only one chane will finish the match or just draw....another thing...KAKA ...am sure he will be disabled and if so ....Milan can't score single goal:(

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
another thing......ohhhh how this is similar to Real and Barca....and even Barca lost the match and Real win 6-0......but the end for the Catalens

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well this is the big one !
I think this match is gonna be won be the defensive abilities by either team.
I think that juve have the advantage if the capello's defensive tactics get the better of ancelloti's. And also i think that milan will come on strong and will want to demolish juve from the begining and finish the match. Their attacking ways can be an advantage for us only if we convert the chances and if zlatan and Alex put on a big game. And i think they will.
The only problem is that their defence is not the easiest to pass from.

I think this match will not be a draw i guess, it will be a win for either teams.Or i guess it depends on the mentality of the juve players and the tactics of capello.

I hope blasi gets to play ahead of appiah becuz we need him more for this match.

forzaa juveee

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
It is not crucial match since still a lot of games , but it will affect the moral aspect , we need to win , juve record against big teams this season is good
roma , lazio , inter , bayern and ajax , i hope capello know how to handle milan , and yes the viola was too weak , just keep an eye on sheva and crespo:D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well...what can i say......
the most important match for me and for most of the Juve supporters.

We know which team has th advantage here, i think it is Milan.

But we are playing in delle alpi,,,jeje i dont think it will save us if Milan play like today and maybe we have the odds against but...... we are Juventus and we must kick their asses in our fokin home. Its time to leave eveyrhting behind and face this team like the last match of our lives.

Fok Milan.

I wish the best for sure!!!! even if im a passionist!! we must beat them for our honour!.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I like our defense so far...

So Crespo and Sheva may as well get a couple of strawberry milkshakes and enjoy the game in the center of the field.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
It is not crucial match since still a lot of games , but it will affect the moral aspect , we need to win , juve record against big teams this season is good
roma , lazio , inter , bayern and ajax , i hope capello know how to handle milan , and yes the viola was too weak , just keep an eye on sheva and crespo:D
weak Viola makes Milan look awesome.

Mathematically possible, Milan is beatable....they have proven that. it's all up to us now :)

a draw isnt all that bad tho

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Well...what can i say......
the most important match for me and for most of the Juve supporters.

We know which team has th advantage here, i think it is Milan.

But we are playing in delle alpi,,,jeje i dont think it will save us if Milan play like today and maybe we have the odds against but...... we are Juventus and we must kick their asses in our fokin home. Its time to leave eveyrhting behind and face this team like the last match of our lives.

Fok Milan.

I wish the best for sure!!!! even if im a passionist!! we must beat them for our honour!.
that's the spirit.. :thumb:

I wish the players could listen to you my wise freind.. specially zlatan.. he needs morale lessons..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Juventus - Milan 1 - 0
89' Dhorasoo o.g.

The game dominated by dull, unspectacular football by Juventus who kept tight at the back while Milan had 65% ball possession and fired 16 shots on goal, 3 absolute cannons denied by Buffon, 2 others deflected inches wide of the post. At the other end, Zlatan was twice denied with thundering shots from the corner flag in true Rivaldo fashion while Nedved had 8 shot attempts, all of them blocked by Nesta/Maldini. Most dominant on the pitch was Kaka, who outsmarted Emerson on several occasions, one of them leading up to a controversial situation in the box when Sheva chested down the pass and was clipped by Zebina from behind. The referee booked Sheva for passive diving. Shortly thereafter, a corner kick in favor of Milan, cleared by Cannavaro, who launched a long ball for Ibrahimovic, the latter being 20m offside at the time. The linesman was playing tetris on his mobile phone and was caught out. Ibrahimovic pulled 7 fakes on Dida before the latter gave up and stepped aside but he did agree to lob the ball for Ibrahimovic who wanted to score from a bicycle kick. The lob was good but the kick was less good, the ball was taken home by the young Milanista in the uppermost row of the stadio. In the closing moments of the first 45, Crespo came one on one with Buffon thanks to a gorgeous through ball from Rui Costa but squandered it as he beat Buffon but not Chimenti.

In the 2nd half, Milan kicked off with a more offensive mentality, effectively playing 2-3-1-4 as Cafu and Serginho pushed forward but failed to track back. Taking advantage of the positional supremacy, Kapo raced into the box and crossed for Del Piero who failed to connect with the ball. At the other end, a cross from Serginho was received by Sheva who powered a header on goal. But Buffon was equal to it and as the rebound fell to Kaka, the referee inadvertently cleared the ball into row z. Another corner kick was given for Milan moments later when Cafu's header hit the post. The rebound was struck by Gattuso but it was no good as Zlatan positioned himself in the air upside down to take the ball down elegantly and pushed it out wide for Zebina. He then tripped over Rui's foot as he was walking away for which the Portuguese was sent off. Rui at the time was on the floor in agony after Cannavaro clattered into him in an aerial challenge. In the 74th minute, Camoranesi outfoxed Cafu and skipped into the box where he was confronted by Nesta and fell under the challenge. Del Piero's spot kick was saved by Gattuso who raced into the box. The referee booked Gattuso and signaled a retake. Dida covered his eyes as Del Piero hit the post. Precise on 80 minutes, Capello swapped Del Piero for Zalayeta, who greeted all the Milan players on the pitch. Moments later, Zalayeta played a back heel to Kapo but the Frenchman arrived late and the cross was stolen by Maldini who launched Gattuso. Gattuso fed Crespo who missed his ball reception but recovered as Thuram struggled to control it as well, and fired between Canna's legs, hitting the bar. 5 minutes from time, on the speakers in the Delle Alpi came "the Final Countdown" to which Buffon started dancing. On 86 Zalayeta controlled a pass from Thuram before he dribbled Nesta and Maldini but his lob was saved by Dida who never came off his line. The goal kick was received by Serginho at the corner flag but no offside was called. The Brazilian crossed into the box as Tomasson was in route but the Danish striker missed the ball. Instead it was recovered by Zambrotta who launched a final attack before full time. Tacchinardi to Emerson, Emerson to Kapo, Kapo to Nedved, Nedved to Ibrahimovic. Milan's defence was shattered as Zlatan stood face to face with Dida. As he was about to take the shot, Dhorasoo raced in to clear but inadvertently played the ball past his own keeper. Ancelotti came running up and tried to strangle Dida but Maldini pulled them apart. The 14 minutes of injury time saw Milan in possession without exception, as Juve lined up inside their own penalty box. 23 shots were fired, all of them off target, Buffon was still busy getting his groove on.

Questioned about his team's performance, Capello was moderately satisfied. "We struggled a lot through Milan's offensive pressure but we showed strength in scoring the winning goal just before the whistle. Ancelotti should learn to relax, those young people are too hot headed."

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
The most toughest test for Juventus at the moment. After the 6 - 0 thrashing of the Viola, Milan is sure pumped up against us. Especially Crespo, Kaka, Sheva and Crespo, who look set to demolish us.

I like Juve's defence so far,Juve's defence has to focus 100% to prevent conceding a goal. But Milan's defence isn't easy to penetrate as well. As for the attack, they r way better than us. So I hope that Zlatan and Alex can at least put in a goal for us somewhere near the 1st half. This wil make Milan very difficult to come back. And I hope Capello will implement the right tactics for this game.

Prediction: 0 - 0
Forza Juve!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
With the superb win over Bologna, I think Juventus can trash Milan after their shaky performance against Fiorentina :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)