[Serie A] Juventus - Livorno (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

:groan: What is happening with Capello? DP doesn't deserve this.
Well maybe Capello doesn't believe in the captain, or maybe he does not have fitness to continue, or maybe there is just something we do not know about.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
My ratings:

Buffon - 6
Zebina - 6.5
Thuram - 6.5
Cannavaro - 6.5
Zambrotta - 7
Camoranesi - 7.5
Emerson - 6.5
Olivera - 5.5
Nedved - 6
Ibrahimovic - 7
Del Piero - 6.5

Tacchinardi - 6
Zalayeta - 6
Pessotto - no rating

Both Tacchinardi and Zalayeta were good. Had they been on the field longer I would probably have given them higher ratings.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

As usual, yes.
Knowing capello, was there any doubt?:groan:

I think that this habit is bad for both ibra and alex.
Alex needs to be rewarded when he does well. It's important for his confidence and his motivation. They can't be too high if he knows that he will be sub in any case...
Ibra needs to rest. I doubt he will be able to play always from September to June. I'm afraid that at most important moments (champions, the topic matches of SerieA), he will be injuried/not fit. Let's hope not :down:

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #486
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well maybe Capello doesn't believe in the captain, or maybe he does not have fitness to continue, or maybe there is just something we do not know about.

It could be Del Piero's fitness though, because subbing DP with Zalayeta is ridicilous.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    I look up to our captain for not showing any furstration towards Capello after what the coach is doing to him

I'm pretty sure he's disappointed deep inside him, but as the captain and as a good man, I think he's just accepting the coach's decisions.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Alex was playing well and didn't seem tired to me, not visibly anyways so I think it must be something we don't know about. Maybe Capello reckoned that DP had done his job and deserved a breather but I still think he should have given him a minimum of 75 minutes giving his performance and lack of confidence. At least the fans got behind him and sang "Alessandro Del Piero, Ole" when he went off. I wonder if Cap will bench DP when Trez returns even if he plays like this regularly.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

It could be Del Piero's fitness though, because subbing DP with Zalayeta is ridicilous.
    I don't think so because as isha said, DP was very much active right before being replaced. As a matter of fact, moments prior to his substitution he was tracking back helping the midfield IIRC. I'm sure that he's not happy with being replaced time and time again, but being the person he is, he doesn't complain to Capello.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Stuart, look at it this way. Capello might only be looking out for Del Piero and making sure he is not injured again. After the match goes and minutes start ticking away, injuries are more likely to happen because of fatigue. So Capello might be looking out for Del Piero in that respect, and does not want to risk a late injury. That's just a conjecture..

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    He never complained when he was benched in the Azzurri for Totti. It isn't in his nature to complain. Model professional?

I think so.

But still waiting to be convinced totally this season on the pitch. He might just hold the key to our season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Stuart, look at it this way. Capello might only be looking out for Del Piero and making sure he is not injured again. After the match goes and minutes start ticking away, injuries are more likely to happen because of fatigue. So Capello might be looking out for Del Piero in that respect, and does not want to risk a late injury. That's just a conjecture..
    And he feels that Zlatan is less prone to these injuries because he is younger and stronger, yeah, I get it, but still, I don't think you should sub someone because you are afraid that they'll get hurt unless they weren't 100% going into the clash or had taken a knock during the proceedings. IMO Capello either has something against DP or no longer thinks he's a 90 minute man (which I disagree with) a la Di Canio and Zola.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

And he feels that Zlatan is less prone to these injuries because he is younger and stronger, yeah, I get it, but still, I don't think you should sub someone because you are afraid that they'll get hurt unless they weren't 100% going into the clash or had taken a knock during the proceedings. IMO Capello either has something against DP or no longer thinks he's a 90 minute man (which I disagree with) a la Di Canio and Zola.
    Yeah, but let's put it this way, Capello's at the training sessions, we aren't. So we can't really be sure.
    Granted, DP must be frustrated (maybe), but isn't disposed to complaining. But notice that the rest of the squad seem not to have made a comment about it, and there has been no serious media speculation as to a row between the two men.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    He never complained when he was benched in the Azzurri for Totti. It isn't in his nature to complain. Model professional?

I think so.

But still waiting to be convinced totally this season on the pitch. He might just hold the key to our season.
    Del Piero is without a doubt a model professional which is one of the reasons why I look up to him so much. He never complains even though he is so often unfaired by the media and now (imo anyways) Capello.

About DP holding the key to our season: you could be right. His presence or lack of it may end up being crucial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)