[Serie A] Juventus - Livorno (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Capello placates Del Piero Sunday 9 January, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello assures there is “nothing personal” in his repeated substitutions of Alex Del Piero, though the captain could be benched against Livorno.

“When I decide to substitute him, it is because at that moment I need a player with different characteristics,” explained the Juve boss. “There is nothing personal and I don’t have any preferences within my squad.”

Del Piero may be the captain, but he has been replaced 11 times in 12 games so far this season and his face showed anger when leaving the field during Thursday’s 1-1 draw at Parma.

Capello experimented with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcelo Zalayeta during training on Saturday, fuelling rumours the Italian international is set to start from the bench rather than move on to it this time. Something has to be done, as the Bianconeri are stuttering with two consecutive draws.

“Milan have closed the gap to two points, but I am satisfied with our overall performance, so there is no need to be concerned. I was sorry to read the Press slating Paolo Montero, as he was unlucky when it came to the goal.”

Their next opponents are Livorno, who travel to Turin without both star strikers Cristiano Lucarelli and Igor Protti.

“They may have lost against Inter,” noted the Coach, “but they proved themselves to be a solid squad that can really hurt you on the break.”

Stephen Appiah has not been included in the Juve side due to an injury, so Manuele Blasi will partner Emerson in central midfield. Lilian Thuram returns from suspension to bolster the defence.

source: channel4.com
He better kiss my ass !

observer

Oct 3, 2004
Why angry??DP still on the line up
here is the formation!
JUVENTUS:
Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta;
Camoranesi, Emerson, Olivera, Nedved;
Ibrahimovic, Del Piero. All. Capello.
Bench: Chimenti, Montero, Pessotto, Birindelli,
Tacchinardi, Kapo, Zalayeta.

LIVORNO:
Amelia; Balleri, Melara, Vargas, Galante; Passoni,
Doga, Vidigal, Grauso; Danilevicius, Vigiani.
All. Colomba.
Bench: Mareggini, Grandoni, Pfertzel, Giallombardo,
Osei, Colombo, Ruotolo

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by observer ] ++
Why angry??DP still on the line up
here is the formation!
JUVENTUS:
Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta;
Camoranesi, Emerson, Olivera , Nedved;
Ibrahimovic, Del Piero. All. Capello.
Bench: Chimenti, Montero, Pessotto, Birindelli,
Tacchinardi, Kapo, Zalayeta.

LIVORNO:
Amelia; Balleri, Melara, Vargas, Galante; Passoni,
Doga, Vidigal, Grauso; Danilevicius, Vigiani.
All. Colomba.
Bench: Mareggini, Grandoni, Pfertzel, Giallombardo,
Osei, Colombo, Ruotolo
:excited: Where did you find this line-up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)