[Serie A] Juventus - Livorno (5 Viewers)

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
Ecco l’elenco dei giocatori convocati da Fabio Capello per la

gara contro il Livorno:

1 BUFFON
2 FERRARA
3 TACCHINARDI
4 MONTERO
7 PESSOTTO
8 EMERSON
9 IBRAHIMOVIC
10 DEL PIERO
11 NEDVED
12 CHIMENTI
15 BIRINDELLI
16 CAMORANESI
19 ZAMBROTTA
20 BLASI
21 THURAM
23 KAPO
24 OLIVERA
25 ZALAYETA
27 ZEBINA
28 CANNAVARO

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ilovemarek ] ++
Ecco l’elenco dei giocatori convocati da Fabio Capello per la

gara contro il Livorno:

1 BUFFON
2 FERRARA
3 TACCHINARDI
4 MONTERO
7 PESSOTTO
8 EMERSON
9 IBRAHIMOVIC
10 DEL PIERO
11 NEDVED
12 CHIMENTI
15 BIRINDELLI
16 CAMORANESI
19 ZAMBROTTA
20 BLASI
21 THURAM
23 KAPO
24 OLIVERA
25 ZALAYETA
27 ZEBINA
28 CANNAVARO

this is from official website.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
lalalalalalala

Protti dropped in Livorno row Saturday 8 January, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Franco Colomba’s job hangs in the balance after Igor Protti was dropped amid a public spat with the Livorno Coach.

The veteran had slammed their tactics in the Press this week and stated, “If this is the way Livorno play, then I am of no use to them. I have been silent for five months, but I cannot take it any more. I’m pushed out wide and can never get close to the ball.”

The 2-0 home defeat to Inter on Thursday proved the final straw and Protti has not even made the trip to Turin for tomorrow’s crunch match with Juventus.

This is a particularly shocking decision, as top scorer Cristiano Lucarelli is suspended, so Livorno have precious few attacking options left.

“Igor has had a strange couple of days,” explained Coach Colomba. “After speaking with him, I decided not to call him up, even if I can assure you there is no problem between us.”

Protti is a hero to the Amaranto faithful, so this row could cost Colomba his job in the near future. If he fails to beat Messina on January 16, it’s reported that Roberto Donadoni will be drafted in to take over.

“They must resolve this problem between themselves,” noted President Aldo Spinelli. “Protti is a symbol of this squad and if it’s a tactical issue then we can experiment with a different system.”

source: channel4.com

:D:D:D

jeez if we dont win now

Oct 3, 2004
Igor Protti, has quite a history scoring against Juventus both with Bari and Napoli. I did a little research to come up with this:

January 14, 1996
Juventus 1-1 Bari 9' Protti, 40' Ravanelli (PK)

May 12, 1996
Bari 2-2 Juventus 20' Montanari (O.G) 45' Protti, 69' Vialli,85' Protti

March 15th, 1998
Juventus 2-2 Napoli 46' Del Piero, 69' Turrini, 75' Zalayeta, 92' Protti

:dazed:

:cool:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
We must win.Simple as that.If we don't get the three points against the likes of them we may as well hand the lead to Milan on a platter.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Capello placates Del Piero Sunday 9 January, 2005

Fabio Capello assures there is “nothing personal” in his repeated substitutions of Alex Del Piero, though the captain could be benched against Livorno.

“When I decide to substitute him, it is because at that moment I need a player with different characteristics,” explained the Juve boss. “There is nothing personal and I don’t have any preferences within my squad.”

Del Piero may be the captain, but he has been replaced 11 times in 12 games so far this season and his face showed anger when leaving the field during Thursday’s 1-1 draw at Parma.

Capello experimented with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcelo Zalayeta during training on Saturday, fuelling rumours the Italian international is set to start from the bench rather than move on to it this time. Something has to be done, as the Bianconeri are stuttering with two consecutive draws.

“Milan have closed the gap to two points, but I am satisfied with our overall performance, so there is no need to be concerned. I was sorry to read the Press slating Paolo Montero, as he was unlucky when it came to the goal.”

Their next opponents are Livorno, who travel to Turin without both star strikers Cristiano Lucarelli and Igor Protti.

“They may have lost against Inter,” noted the Coach, “but they proved themselves to be a solid squad that can really hurt you on the break.”

Stephen Appiah has not been included in the Juve side due to an injury, so Manuele Blasi will partner Emerson in central midfield. Lilian Thuram returns from suspension to bolster the defence.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
can't beleive that capello is gonna start with zala. its just gonna make the alex problem even worse , i hope these are just rumors, am not an alex freak or anything but i refuse that any player who is trying his best get the bench. its just too bad

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If Zalayeta starts ahead of Del Piero I'm going to be so friggin pissed. Alex needs to play 90 minutes today in an attempt to regain some form, benching him for an inferior player would be ignorant. I don't think Zala will start though. Gazzetta are saying that Capello experimented with Ibra-Zala in practise yesterday but DP will still get the nod.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
For anybody who knows Italian:

Formazione tipo, rientra Thuram

8 gennaio 2005 - Contro il Livorno rientra Thuram in difesa e Capello dovrebbe schierare la formazione tipo: a centrocampo dovrebbe partire di nuovo Blasi al fianco di Emerson dal primo minuto mentre in avanti il tecnico bianconero dovrebbe schierare Del Piero e Ibrahimovic dal primo minuto. Nell'allenamento di stamattina in partitella hanno giocato insieme Ibrahimovic e Zalayeta, ma contro il Livorno la Juve dovrebbe partire dal primo minuto con i due attaccanti titolari. Non c'è Stephan Appiah che ha un risentimento muscolare. Questa la lista dei convocati per la sfida contro il Livorno: Buffon, Ferrara, Tacchinardi, Montero, Pessotto, Emerson, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Nedved, Chimenti, Birindelli, Camoranesi, Zambrotta, Blasi, Thuram, Kapo, Olivera, Zalayeta, Cannavaro e Zebina. (a.m.)

from gazzetta.it

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Really Stu?:extatic:

It has come to a point where i seriously believe Capello would pull something like that and every week i actually sweat over whether Fabio will pull the plug on Del Piero in favour of his beloved Zlatan and Zala:sob:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Capello placates Del Piero Sunday 9 January, 2005

Fabio Capello assures there is “nothing personal” in his repeated substitutions of Alex Del Piero, though the captain could be benched against Livorno.

“When I decide to substitute him, it is because at that moment I need a player with different characteristics,” explained the Juve boss. “There is nothing personal and I don’t have any preferences within my squad.”

Del Piero may be the captain, but he has been replaced 11 times in 12 games so far this season and his face showed anger when leaving the field during Thursday’s 1-1 draw at Parma.

Capello experimented with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcelo Zalayeta during training on Saturday, fuelling rumours the Italian international is set to start from the bench rather than move on to it this time. Something has to be done, as the Bianconeri are stuttering with two consecutive draws.

“Milan have closed the gap to two points, but I am satisfied with our overall performance, so there is no need to be concerned. I was sorry to read the Press slating Paolo Montero, as he was unlucky when it came to the goal.”

Their next opponents are Livorno, who travel to Turin without both star strikers Cristiano Lucarelli and Igor Protti.

“They may have lost against Inter,” noted the Coach, “but they proved themselves to be a solid squad that can really hurt you on the break.”

Stephen Appiah has not been included in the Juve side due to an injury, so Manuele Blasi will partner Emerson in central midfield. Lilian Thuram returns from suspension to bolster the defence.

Yeah right :rolleyes:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Really Stu?:extatic:

It has come to a point where i seriously believe Capello would pull something like that and every week i actually sweat over whether Fabio will pull the plug on Del Piero in favour of his beloved Zlatan and Zala:sob:
I still think he's going to permanently drop DP soon, just not now that the press are making a big deal of his repeated substitutions. I just hope he starts and does well today, for his sake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)