[Serie A] Juventus - Livorno (5 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

You may be right.

You are one of the highest paid coaches in the world, right? I mean you should be on tv or coach a NT. You hold one of the highest positions in the footballing world, correct?

NO! YOU ARE A FAN!
weak post just like you burke, this has nothing to do with what i said...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Capello isn't an asshole, but there's no reason as to why Tudor shouldn't be on the bench. He's versatile, tall, strong, better and younger than Montero, Ferrara, and Iuliano. He's roughly the same age as Legro I think, but in terms of who's the better defender there's only one winner - Tudor. IMO he should have started ahead of Montero on Thursday but that's a thing of the pass. As for Legrottaglie, he was pish last season and the fact that he hasn't played all season long only confirms that he doesn't impress the coach in practise. It'll be interesting to see what kind of line-up Capello sends out against Atalanta in the Coppa Italia. Will he give the reserve players a chance or start some of the first teamers in an attempt to overturn the two goal deficit.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

You may be right.

You are one of the highest paid coaches in the world, right? I mean you should be on tv or coach a NT. You hold one of the highest positions in the footballing world, correct?

NO! YOU ARE A FAN!
Are you saying that because Capello is a world-class manager with a resume as good as his is that he can't make mistakes and shouldn't be questioned? I don't think he should've started Legrottaglie, but I do agree with Azzurri7 when he says that Montero shouldn't have been in the starting line-up.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I must concur that Tudor should be on the bench. When fit he is much more useful than Iuliano or Legrottaglie and can also come on in midfield if need be. I really do not know why Capello does not play Tudor that much; maybe he is just giving him plenty of rest to come back from his years worth of injuries. Tudor is much better of a defender than Montero nowadays, so its a shame he is not playing more. But once again we are not sure of some of Capello's decisions.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I think Tudor is a great central defender. When I see him play for Croatia, he is most of the time world-class. I think that he should be our first choice if Canna or Thuram cant play...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Or because this thread only started on Thursday whereas the Milan and Parma threads were opened long before those matches therefore allowing for more discussion and responses.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I think Tudor is a great central defender. When I see him play for Croatia, he is most of the time world-class. I think that he should be our first choice if Canna or Thuram cant play...
Tudor played a game for Croatia last year against Sweden I think it was and he was absolutely brilliant. I really don't understand why he isn't the third choice CB behind Cannavaro and Thuram.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Or because this thread only started on Thursday whereas the Milan and Parma threads were opened long before those matches therefore allowing for more discussion and responses.
this is the reason.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Capello isn't an asshole, but there's no reason as to why Tudor shouldn't be on the bench. He's versatile, tall, strong, better and younger than Montero, Ferrara, and Iuliano. He's roughly the same age as Legro I think, but in terms of who's the better defender there's only one winner - Tudor. IMO he should have started ahead of Montero on Thursday but that's a thing of the pass. As for Legrottaglie, he was pish last season and the fact that he hasn't played all season long only confirms that he doesn't impress the coach in practise. It'll be interesting to see what kind of line-up Capello sends out against Atalanta in the Coppa Italia. Will he give the reserve players a chance or start some of the first teamers in an attempt to overturn the two goal deficit.
Capello has always been a wonderful coach. He led Roma to the 2nd spot last season. But den I don't understand y capello doesn't give Tudor a chance, I have always supported Tudor n I think that Tudor should be given the chance. And now we have rumours saying that he wanna leave.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
lalalalalalala

Protti dropped in Livorno row Saturday 8 January, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Franco Colomba’s job hangs in the balance after Igor Protti was dropped amid a public spat with the Livorno Coach.

The veteran had slammed their tactics in the Press this week and stated, “If this is the way Livorno play, then I am of no use to them. I have been silent for five months, but I cannot take it any more. I’m pushed out wide and can never get close to the ball.”

The 2-0 home defeat to Inter on Thursday proved the final straw and Protti has not even made the trip to Turin for tomorrow’s crunch match with Juventus.

This is a particularly shocking decision, as top scorer Cristiano Lucarelli is suspended, so Livorno have precious few attacking options left.

“Igor has had a strange couple of days,” explained Coach Colomba. “After speaking with him, I decided not to call him up, even if I can assure you there is no problem between us.”

Protti is a hero to the Amaranto faithful, so this row could cost Colomba his job in the near future. If he fails to beat Messina on January 16, it’s reported that Roberto Donadoni will be drafted in to take over.

“They must resolve this problem between themselves,” noted President Aldo Spinelli. “Protti is a symbol of this squad and if it’s a tactical issue then we can experiment with a different system.”

source: channel4.com

:D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)