SERIE A: Juventus - Lecce (5 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2003
Paper's votes:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 4.5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 6.5, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 5, Appiah 5, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 5, Pessotto 6, Nedved 5, Miccoli 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 7, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 6, Appiah 5.5, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 5, Pessotto 6.5, Nedved 5, Miccoli 5.5, Del Piero 7, Trezeguet 6.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 4.5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 6.5, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 5, Appiah 5, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 5, Pessotto 6, Nedved 4.5, Miccoli 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.5.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 4.5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 6.5, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 5, Appiah 5, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 5, Pessotto 6, Nedved 4, Miccoli 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 5.5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4.5, Maresca 6, Iuliano 5, Zambrotta 6, Appiah 6, Tudor 5.5, Di Vaio 4.5, Pessotto 5.5, Nedved 5.5, Miccoli 6.5, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 5, Birindelli 4, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 6, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 6.5, Appiah 4, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 4, Pessotto 5, Nedved 4, Miccoli 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Vinman, I am so sorry! Come here, and tell us the truth!

Man, you're funny !!!!!!

I am not too upset- I didnt see the game, only the highlights (or is it lowlights ???)

As always , the defense looked poor in the highlights of the game, but what really surprised me was how bad Buffon looked. It definetly wasnt his day.,.....

What REALLY concerns me is how Trap can select Legro for the friendly match on Wednesday. The only Azzurri shirt this guy should be given is that of NAPOLI !!!!! Get him OUT of Juve and La Nazionale !!!!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I just saw DP goal.... and yeah...his control to get the ball was very enjoyable... Just players like him do that.

its cool to see his magic in this times of frustration.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
wooaaa... i saw konan´s goals and i have to admit that buffon had something to do in the third goal...

in the secind goal.. Iuliano did a "slow mo " tackle... and legrro´s slide tackle was alme too.

our defence really sucks.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #1,007
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

What REALLY concerns me is how Trap can select Legro for the friendly match on Wednesday.
    I was wondering that myself. Surely Trap didn't see the Juve - Lecce game.

Spudbunny

Apr 19, 2004
    Just saw the goals. Awful. Gigi seemed at fault on the first two goals. On the last two, the Lecce guys got behind the backline. Ugh.

Remember though that Lecce essentially beat Juve in December down south. Trez got an offside goal to hold them to a draw, but Lecce outplayed us the whole time in December.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Man, you're funny !!!!!!

I am not too upset- I didnt see the game, only the highlights (or is it lowlights ???)

As always , the defense looked poor in the highlights of the game, but what really surprised me was how bad Buffon looked. It definetly wasnt his day.,.....

What REALLY concerns me is how Trap can select Legro for the friendly match on Wednesday. The only Azzurri shirt this guy should be given is that of NAPOLI !!!!! Get him OUT of Juve and La Nazionale !!!!!
    100 % agree.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    I saw the highlights of the game yesterday.. our backline was crap.. they can't do the offside trap right for once..!! an amateur team will do it better FFS..

this summer.. The Old Lady should do a PLASTIC SURGERY...!!!

Aug 1, 2003
    Bah, I doubt Trap saw Italian Serie A at all :down: [ HE SHOULD HAVE LET PIPPO PLAY MORE OFTEN!! mppph ]

but anyways, that aside, I must say that although this loss has hurt my guts out, but somehow I'm not surprised - of course it's no surprise because our defence sucks anyways, but I've always thought of Lecce being one of our ' bad luck ' teams, y'know?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    Paper's votes:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 4.5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 6.5, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 5, Appiah 5, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 5, Pessotto 6, Nedved 5, Miccoli 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 7, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 6, Appiah 5.5, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 5, Pessotto 6.5, Nedved 5, Miccoli 5.5, Del Piero 7, Trezeguet 6.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 4.5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 6.5, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 5, Appiah 5, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 5, Pessotto 6, Nedved 4.5, Miccoli 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.5.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 4.5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 6.5, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 5, Appiah 5, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 5, Pessotto 6, Nedved 4, Miccoli 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 5.5, Birindelli 5, Legrottaglie 4.5, Maresca 6, Iuliano 5, Zambrotta 6, Appiah 6, Tudor 5.5, Di Vaio 4.5, Pessotto 5.5, Nedved 5.5, Miccoli 6.5, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 5, Birindelli 4, Legrottaglie 4, Maresca 6, Iuliano 4, Zambrotta 6.5, Appiah 4, Tudor 4, Di Vaio 4, Pessotto 5, Nedved 4, Miccoli 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 5.
    Well, it seems pretty consistent and universal that:
    * Buffon probably had one of the worst games of his life
    * Legrottaglie probably had one of the worst games of his life. And with so many bad games this year -- that's a particularly dubious achievement.
    * Iuliano sucked big time
    * Miccoli and DP were our only saving graces

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Oh no another game, another embarassing defeat. The last time this happened, Lippi packed his bags and chilled till he took over at Inter. Now that he seems to be linked to the the Italian job , it seems to happen again. Another similarity is that Dp most of that season too with injury, well go figure.

I only saw the highlights and how Konnan can be so ordinary against Roma then look like Henry against our team is extraordinary

The much maligned defence fooked up again but please where the hell was the midfield when Lecce can just pick up balls and run thru without any tackle from anyone

I cannot comment on the overall chemistry of the attack as I did not see the game but it just seems to play Nedved, Dv, Trez, Miccolli at once , when you have not been bold like that all season is asking for trouble

It might have worked if these guys have been played together all season and are used to eachother but to just throw them in like that to disguise most of you weird decisions all season is foolhardy

Where was this boldness against Depor in a game we needed to win which has completely fooked up or season?

Maresca has been the one shining light in an otherwise dismal season but he seems to be dropped everytime he does not play like Zidane

Buffon was clearly at fault for the first goal but the second goal was even more confusing as I have no idea how he missed that completely

Iuliano for the 4th goal was kicking at the player instead of going for the ball and the ball went thru Tudor's legs and Chevanton scored

Konnan was able to skip past Iuliano and Leggro as if they were not there and thats unacceptable

Did not see much of Dp to see if he played well but I am sure he has played much better than that and not scored and the papers gave him 5 but once you score they give u 6.5

Nedved was not shown at all apart from where he was involved in a clash of heads and if he was given 5.5 then he was trully awful as they are normally very generous with him

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #1,016
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    I saw the highlights of the game yesterday.. our backline was crap.. they can't do the offside trap right for once..!! an amateur team will do it better FFS..

this summer.. The Old Lady should do a PLASTIC SURGERY...!!!
    I've watched Juve on countless occasions this season, and it's quite obvious to me that our defence sucks at playing the offside trap. Sometimes they barely get away with it and sometimes the ref has to bail them out. Isn't it natural thinking that when you suck at something you don't try it?!?! So why does Lippi persist with this offside trap tactic????

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #1,018
    Exactly. There are some very good goalkeepers who are actually good when it comes to punching, just look how there are some teams that can actually play the offside trap, but if you know that you're struggling in those departments, why persist in doing that same thing over and over again?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by wong ka yan ] ++
    i watched the highlight of this match...........:(:broken:

Legrottaglie................. :fero::fero:
    I keep hoping that one day soon we'll see what Trap and everyone else sees in Legro that we Juve fans have yet to see on the pitch. :sigh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)