[Serie A] Juventus - Inter match commentary (19 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We have to strike faster and harder than that on the counter. Inter lost the ball in midfield to Diego, but he took a couple too many touches instead of finding Marchisio.

Has to be quick, boys. Even seconds make a difference.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Another corner for Juve, this time from the right.

Lousy corner. What the hell was that?

Chiellini is bleeding again.

HT

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It always amazes me how such great players can send in such poor corners at times. Even myself in high school sent in very consistent corners that were never short like that.

Halftime.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #112
    It always amazes me how such great players can send in such poor corners at times. Even myself in high school sent in very consistent corners that were never short like that.

Halftime.
    Who took the corner? Ale, Diego or Grosso?

As the commentator here said, when we scored the goal Melo headed the ball, it was deflected off Del Piero, it changed its direction and it went in. That's why it should be given to Del Piero and they rightfully changed it from Melo to Del Piero when they gave the goalscorers in the end.

No matter who scored, at least we did it. But the bad thing is that we stopped pushing and playing the way we did before we scored. We must change that mentality.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Earlier Jack pointed out we were getting outmuscled. But how does a team with the likes of Sissoko, Melo and Marchisio in midfield and our back-four lose a strength battle?

We have to do a better job in midfield. Without Maicon out there we have handled the left flank situation rather well, but the right side still poses some danger.

Camoranesi will probably see time in the second, perhaps for Marchisio.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

As the commentator here said, when we scored the goal Melo headed the ball, it was deflected off Del Piero, it changed its direction and it went in. That's why it should be given to Del Piero and they rightfully changed it from Melo to Del Piero when they gave the goalscorers in the end.

No matter who scored, at least we did it. But the bad thing is that we stopped pushing and playing the way we did before we scored. We must change that mentality.
    I believe Alex took the corner.

We certainly need to get the ball more and win the midfield battle. Thus far overall it has been somewhat of a stalemate, and I want to see Melo and Sissoko tag-teaming up in midfield again, letting nothing through, like they did a few weeks ago.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #116
    I think Chiellini scored.
    They listed Del Piero as the goalscorer :confused:

And what's with our counters?
    Even Inter needs 1-2 passes to play a great counter. They know when to run and when to pass. We hold the ball too much, we slow down our attacks and the players don't run so the player who has the ball is sometimes forced to slow down the attack. We must improve here too.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Del Piero took it.

Trez was warming up. I wonder who he's coming in for?

They need to bring Camoranesi in, and take out one of Melo or Sissoko and replace him with Tiago or Giovinco.

Diego is only going to be effective playing further up, and there is no one right now in that midfiled with the ability to create and push upward

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Obviously, our plan in this game or half was to attack from the flanks since Melo-Sissoko are covering back in the middle.

Caceres looked really scared this half and was sending terrible crosses. Grosso and Marchisio on the other hand should combine better together because Zanetti doesn't look like he's in his best days same with Chivu.

Inter's defenders can be destroyed if we play it right.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #119
    When they scored, one of our players on the left (Marchisio or Grosso, but I think it was Marchisio) shockingly retreated back and left one of their players completely unmarked, free to take all the time in the world and send a cross unmarked.
    I have no idea why our player did that. Probably someone told him to get back in the box and mark someone else, but while he was retreating back, Inter took the free kick, their player on the right was left unmarked and sent a cross.

But as if that wasn't enough, even in the box we were unorganized and we left 2 of their players absolutely free, unmarked. It was the easiest goal for Eto'o.

It was pathetic defending from start to finish.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The organization of the defense is worrying to boot. I thought it looked much better earlier in the season, and now it's floundering with silly positioning errors.

It does not all have to do with Cannavaro suddenly performing like I thought he would before the season started. Everyone has been making positioning mistakes, so Canna and Buffon need to sort it out during this match with Ciro addressing this afterwards.

And yes, as I said earlier, our counters are too slow. We need to pick up the pace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)