[Serie A] Juventus - Chievo (4 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juventus - Chievo
Stadio Delle Alpi

Can anyone stop this mighty Juventus side? Having won seven and drawn one of their first eight League games, surely little Chievo will become their next victims at the Stadio Delle Alpi on Sunday.

The Bianconeri’s solid 2-0 defeat of Roma on Thursday ensured they maintained their five-point lead at the top of the table but that crucial victory came at a price. Right-back Jonathan Zebina picked up an injury, while Emerson was dismissed and he’ll therefore miss the Chievo game.

Boss Fabio Capello is likely to bring in Alessandro Birindelli and Manuele Blasi – if the latter is fully fit. The tactician may also decide to rest Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Marcelo Zalayeta, who scored as a sub against Roma, with next week’s Champions’ League games to think about.

Chievo had made a solid start to the season until they lost their first game of the campaign on Wednesday. Sampdoria collected a 2-0 win at the Stadio Bentegodi that did surprise some onlookers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Birindelli, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Appiah, Blasi, Nedved; Del Piero, Ibrahimovic

Chievo (probable): Marchegiani; Moro, Mandelli, D'Anna, Malagò; Semioli, Brighi, Baronio, Franceschini; Cossato, Pellissier

Ref: To follow...

Buy on AliExpress.com

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
True. I'm betting Blasi would start. Don't think Zebina's injury is serious though, just some muscle problem. Diagnosis will come in 48 hrs
i hope zebina's injuried not serious. he plays a big role in our success so far.

Aug 26, 2003
We Must Look Forward - Thuram

Following the excellent 2-0 win by Juventus over Roma at the Delle Alpi of Turin, Lilian Thuram felt very satisfied with his team’s display.
The French defender, best player on the field during the match against the giallorossi, also admitted that the bianconeri were a bit lucky in finding the goal in the right time.

“We were lucky to have found the goal in a good moment of the match. It’s ok that way, now we must look forward and concentrate on the next encounter.”

Juventus are now 5 points clear of Milan and 10 away from Inter, but Thuram does not limit the title chase to these three teams only.

“Not only Milan and Inter exist, there are other teams as well.”

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I hope we do not underestimate chievo. They say that this side is even better than the side that was on top of the table for a long time a couple of yrs back.

they have a very tough defense to break, it would be very good for us to see if we can break 11 men behind the ball.They also have a very good midfield.They have baronio whos very good i think.So it would be nice if our subs could dominate the midfield without emo.

I think that it would interesting to see whos gonna start in emerson's place. Would capello go with appiah-blasi,tacchi-appiah,blasi-tacchi. I think thats very interesting.

U see if both appiah and blasi play then camo will have more offensive duties than the defensive , and even we can see olivera or kapo in for him.
If tacchi plays with either two then the tactics would stay the same cuz tacchi's style is somehow close to emerson.So i think that tacchi will get to play.

and about zebina i think he should be rested, and either pessoto or brindelli should get a starting role.And most important is that zambro gets some rest even if its only 45mins, he looks very tired.

Either way we should lose points on sunday, cuz we have tougher matches although chievo r a very good team.
I think that unexpected players r gonna score.

2-0
neddy
camo

Oct 1, 2002
I don't think we should rest our player. as long as the players are motivated and in good form, they must play.Last season is a good example, we're starting well and then we rotate the players.In the end our form become worse and worse.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
This should be a good match to see how much our side relies on the work of Emerson.
Good point. We haven't seen how this team copes without Emerson as of yet.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I'm gonna feel sorry for Zala when Trezeguet automatically gets his place back as soon as he returns from surgery :down:
:down: Same here. He works so hard and never complains despite always being third, fourth or even fifth choice.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++
capello shud rest zlatan now as hes looking a little tired and not as sharp as his first 5 or so games, zalayeta shud start against chievo with del piero, also why does capello not give kapo a game?
Imo the Roma game was actually one of Zlatan's better performances since joining but he should indeed be rested. Because of the injuries to Del Piero and Trezeguet he has started our last six games as well as internationals for Sweden and it's not like Zalayeta isn't capable.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
as well as internationals for Sweden and it's not like Zalayeta isn't capable.
Sweden benched him against both Hungary and Iceland, he got to jump in the last 10 minutes or so against Iceland but thats it. :) But yeah he's tired alright.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Good point. We haven't seen how this team copes without Emerson as of yet.
i hope tachii can cope wery well.....but another thing am fried that the players will be tired and then they will not perfomes well where the subs are all not the same level of the mains

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
i dont know what you are worrying about. I think that juventus players are pro and that means that they will not be tired so easily. Obviously they it would be better for a break but they can still give 99% out of 100%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)