[Serie A] Juventus - Atalanta (2 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Serie A Week 2 - 19/9/04 (15.00)
Juventus 2 - 0 Atalanta
Trezeguet 14, 58 (J)
Stadio Delle Alpi

David Trezeguet's brace ensures Juve maintain their 100 per cent record at the top of the table.

Pavel Nedved and Emerson were slight risks with knocks, but Fabio Capello rotated the squad by leaving Alessandro Del Piero on the bench for a new partnership of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet.

The Orobici had only managed a home draw with Lecce in their opening game, but Coach Andrea Mandorlini insisted he wouldn't sit back and defend.

Juve had a very aggressive start, but the first real save was by Gianluigi Buffon on Carmine Gautieri's close-range header.

However, Juventus broke the deadlock soon after with Trezeguet's second goal of the season. It was a controversial goal, as Gianluca Zambrotta's effort was fumbled and the Frenchman practically kicked the ball out of Massimo Taibi's hands. The goalkeeper was down for some time needing treatment, but was able to carry on.

Buffon rushed out to clear from Pazzini after the young talent had sprinted past Jonathan Zebina and Lilian Thuram to get on the end of Demetrio Albertini's through ball.

Pavel Nedved thought he had grabbed a second just before the break, as his point-blank header from a Ruben Olivera set-piece was palmed on to the crossbar by a magnificent Taibi reaction save.

The Bianconeri doubled their lead with Trezeguet's second of the game after 57 minutes. Ibrahimovic cleverly redirected a pass into the Frenchman's pass and he placed an accurate low drive past Taibi.

Zebina nearly made it three soon after when he gathered Ibrahimovic's pass, but his effort thumped the crossbar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Olivera (Camoranesi 46), Tacchinardi (Appiah 69), Emerson; Nedved; Ibrahimovic (Zalayeta 87), Trezeguet

Atalanta: Taibi; Rivalta, Natali, Gonnella, Bellini; Zenoni, Albertini, Marcolini (Budan 79); Gautieri (Pia' 73), Montolivo, Pazzini

Ref: De Santis

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
player rating anyone?
from Rai!

Juventus (4-4-2): Buffon 6.5, Zebina 6, Thuram 6.5, Cannavaro 7, Zambrotta 6, Olivera 6 (1' st Camoranesi 6), Tacchinardi 6 (24' st Appiah sv), Emerson 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Ibrahimovic 6 (42' st Zalayeta sv), Trezeguet 7.5. (22 Bonnefoi 5 Tudor 7 Pessotto 10 Del Piero). All.: Capello 6.5

Mine:

Buffon 6.5
Zebina 6.5
Thuram 7.0
Cannavaro 7.0
Zambrotta 6.5
Olivera 5.5 (1' st Camoranesi 6)
Tacchinardi 6 (24' st Appiah -),
Emerson 6.5
Nedved 6.5
Ibrahimovic 5.0/5.5 ??? (42' st Zalayeta -)
Trezeguet 7.5

Capello 6.0

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by cynical ] ++
we saw another side of trez today. not only by scoring both goals but his passes and falling back, i've never seen trez is involve in a game he played for us b4....maybe for france NT.

i think the reason for this is his partner in attack....if he partner Del Piero he is practically the only poiint of attack,the only goals scorer in the team as Del Piero always either drop very deep or floating out wide, away from goal scoring opportunity..add to the fact that Del Piero is never a dependable goal scorer..... it would be very unresponsible for David Trezeguet to leave his position in that condition....

but as i saw in the game tonite, Trezeguet and Zlatan costantly change role who would pulled the defend up or who would drop deep....we actually have a two pronge attack again.... both players can act as a post play for each other... it seems as if David Trezeguet finally have confidence towards his partner to be a striker and he can now move around more ofthen and drop deeep IMO..;)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Another 'easy' match and another 3 points to maintain our 100% record and clean sheet. I liked the way we absorbed the match and won with minimum fuss and energy. With many more matches coming along the way, I think that's the right thing to do. Del Piero and Blasi were rested today and should be fresh for the upcoming Sampdoria challenge on Wednesday.

As mentioned by most of you, Trezeguet and Cannavaro were the stars of the show while Zlatan and Olivera had a disappointing match. Tacchi and Emerson were good in midfield and the rest players also played well. Zebina was quiet throughout the match but nearly popped up with a goal as his shot hit the woodwork in the second half :eek:

What a weekend it has been!! Juve winning, Roma and Real losing while Inter continuing with their sluggish start to the season with a draw against Palermo on Saturday night. It's certianly looking good :cool:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Zlatan is gonna have hard time in seria A .. it seems that he doesn't know how's the deffence in calcio :D
As i and Tomasson said the other day, this is no Eredevisie....;)

if he can only score 12 goals in a legue where Kezman score 40 goals year in year out, u cant expect to have a field day in Serie A,....:maybe the fans should also try to absorb that fact as well...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

if he can only score 12 goals in a legue where Kezman score 40 goals year in year out, u cant expect to have a field day in Serie A,....:maybe the fans should also try to absorb that fact as well...
oh come on, who really thought that he came here as hitman?! Your forgetting that he also creates lots of chances to the others, as he constantly ties at least one defender next to him, his awesome when it comes to creating space to the others... He's not pure hitman, and that's just fine...

jakobg

Sep 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

Bad game for Zlatan today. He missed simple passes and played a bit too difficult.

But this guy has proven to be able to play against good teams before. It's not like he's only played in the Eredivise. He was great in the WC and has score several time in the CL against top sides. But once again, he'll need time to adapt. I'm sure Zlatan-Trez can work fine, but they don't know each other yet, and it's clear that Zlatan is used to the 4-3-3 model with only one striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)