[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (120 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Thats the whole point. Capello has given everybody more minutes than Mutu, who is no way less talented than any of the other strikers. He shouldnt be 'coming on.' He should be on from the ****ing start all the way through just to see how he fits, and what role would accomodate him when its crunch time. If he's going to be nothing more than a fifth choice sub, Im afraid he'll never find any sort of rhythm. At least not at Juventus.
That's exactly right.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
you're american right? what do you know about soccer.

Zlatan is the youngest and most talented striker, period. He had 16 goals and like 32 assists last season when Juventus won scuddeti.

And tell me how many penalties del piero scored on.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++
More importantly, At least 5 of del Pieros goals were assisted by Zlatan. And three of them could all be credited to Zlatan too since all Del Piero had to do was tap it in.
All Zlatan had to do today was head a ball on an empty goal and he couldn't do that. :howler:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Fabio Capello applauded Juventus hero Alessandro Del Piero, following the win over Ascoli clinched through a brace by the Bianconeri’s ‘Pinturicchio.’
“I had said I saw Del Piero in good shape. I have to make decisions. Sometimes I’m right, others I’m wrong, but Ale’s behaviour has been exemplary,” he said.

“He’s a serious person. Tantrums bring you nowhere,” he added.

Del Piero, who Capello considers to be Juve's third forward behind Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic, was obviously very happy as well.

“A difficult game, and its important we won. I am happy for how I played, and am in no way tense towards Capello. We resolve our problems through dialogue. I need to act for the good of the team, I’m the captain,” said Juve’s number 10.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++
you're american right? what do you know about soccer.
:rofl:

Yeah that's right I'm American, and the Americans on this board know far more about the sport than most, that's for sure. Sergio, Vinman, Incuborossonero, myself...we know the sport like the back of our hands. And hey, we don't have to insult other nationalities to get our opinions across...

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
Fabio Capello applauded Juventus hero Alessandro Del Piero, following the win over Ascoli clinched through a brace by the Bianconeri’s ‘Pinturicchio.’
“I had said I saw Del Piero in good shape. I have to make decisions. Sometimes I’m right, others I’m wrong, but Ale’s behaviour has been exemplary,” he said.

“He’s a serious person. Tantrums bring you nowhere,” he added.

Del Piero, who Capello considers to be Juve's third forward behind Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic, was obviously very happy as well.

“A difficult game, and its important we won. I am happy for how I played, and am in no way tense towards Capello. We resolve our problems through dialogue. I need to act for the good of the team, I’m the captain,” said Juve’s number 10.
:D:D:D:D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++
you're american right? what do you know about soccer .

Zlatan is the youngest and most talented striker, period. He had 16 goals and like 32 assists last season when Juventus won scuddeti.

And tell me how many penalties del piero scored on.

friendly advice,
dont take it too far

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

All Zlatan had to do today was head a ball on an empty goal and he couldn't do that. :howler:
Del Piero had allot of those last season, for instance against Inter.

Whats your point?

Zlatan had a bad half but the fact(it is a fact) he was very good against Empoli and Brugge.

There is no way he will be benched because of one bad half.

Like it or love it.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Andy, you are too harsh about Zlatan. IMO he was very good so far. Didn't score, but missed a lot, however I see him combinating very well with Trez, what DP didn't do too well this game. Ibra gives Trez the positioning, passing and play that Trez likes.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Del Piero had allot of those last season, for instance against Inter.

Whats your point?
My point is that you made a completely ridiculous suggestion in that we should look past Del Piero's goals because they are tap ins given that Zlatan JUST failed to score one of those tap ins himself and isn't very good at scoring them regularly either. FACT Del Piero scored more goals than Zlatan last year while playing less, like it or love it.

And that Zlatan had a lot of assists, so what? Has Del Piero not had lots of assists in past years?

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

:rofl:

Yeah that's right I'm American, and the Americans on this board know far more about the sport than most, that's for sure. Sergio, Vinman, Incuborossonero, myself...we know the sport like the back of our hands. And hey, we don't have to insult other nationalities to get our opinions across...
True, insulting other countries is low, but you Andy could work on your finesse. Very often i see you belittling other posters opinions with, "OH please" and "you cant be serious" "if you belive that you know nothing about the sport" remarks, and then you act self-righteus when someone does it to you.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Andy, you are too harsh about Zlatan. IMO he was very good so far. Didn't score, but missed a lot, however I see him combinating very well with Trez, what DP didn't do too well this game. Ibra gives Trez the positioning, passing and play that Trez likes.
No, I'm not being too harsh on Zlatan. From what we saw last year Zlatan should be hitting the passes he is supposed to and not giving the ball away as much. You would be kidding yourselves if you don't think Zlatan needs to improve...greatly.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

My point is that you made a completely ridiculous suggestion in that we should look past Del Piero's goals because they are tap ins given that Zlatan JUST failed to score one of those tap ins himself and isn't very good at scoring them regularly either.
Wasnt my point at all, i didnt say anything demeaning about Del pieros goals, just adding that even if Del piero scored more goals Zlatan was still much better last season.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Wasnt my point at all, i didnt say anything demeaning about Del pieros goals, just adding that even if Del piero scored more goals Zlatan was still much better last season.
He may have been more attractive, Del Piero was certainly comparatively effective, and that's really what matters, isn't it?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

True, insulting other countries is low, but you Andy could work on your finesse. Very often i see you belittling other posters opinions with, "OH please" and "you cant be serious" "if you belive that you know nothing about the sport" remarks, and then you act self-righteus when someone does it to you.
I'm sorry, I don't take advice from you on this subject. And there is nothing wrong with saying "oh please" when what I am responding to is utter crap.

Dude ive grown tired explaining shit too you like a four year old.

Now son, ive explained it too you 50 times if you dont undurstand it yet, dont worry, you will when you get older. Now go to sleep, dont let the beg bugs bite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)