[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (35 Viewers)

Jocke27

Sep 12, 2005
What an absolute joke...voted man of the match by who? Aftonbladet? Please...

In the Brugge match Zlatan was active but he gave the ball away too much and missed simple chances he should have done better with. He was poor if you ask me and needed to improve. Against Empoli Ibrahimovic made some nice runs but was average from what we should expect from the Swede. He has been disapointing thus far and needs to improve.
Come on now, my friend!
You've clearly already made up your mind about Zlatan.
As someone said, he got excellent ratings in both the Brügge-game and the Empoli-game.
A striker should score so if you would've said:
Well, Zlatan has played well but he hasn't scored so I think we should play him or him instead, that would have been a much more understandable opinion.
But now we're talking about his performance on the pitch.
For god sake, man, did you see the game? Really?
He was brilliant against Brügge. He attracted alot of defenders, he received the ball well, he made runs, dribbles, headers, passes, practically anything but a goal.
And one remark: He created almost all of the chances himself.
What did Del Piero do today: Took advantage of chances created by someone els.
I don't think Trez would have scored 4 goals if he would have played with DP. And I'm sure Trez would rather play with Zlatan. Just look at his and DP:s cooperation today, non existing.
So I'm sure Capello will play Ibra-Trez on wednesday, like he should and hopefully there will be 3 new, fresh points to cash in for Juve.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
chill, we have 5 strikers and we have only played four games. Calm the **** down and relise that he did come on as a sub already, but he cannot come on every game ya know.

Thats the whole point. Capello has given everybody more minutes than Mutu, who is no way less talented than any of the other strikers. He shouldnt be 'coming on.' He should be on from the ****ing start all the way through just to see how he fits, and what role would accomodate him when its crunch time. If he's going to be nothing more than a fifth choice sub, Im afraid he'll never find any sort of rhythm. At least not at Juventus.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

u see, i dont really get it? how come u are the only one to say he SUCKED??? plzzz tell me, are all thoes newspaper DUM? are they stupied or what? how come they gave him so nice ratings while u are saying he dident play well, hmm no, u dident only say he dident play well, u said HE SUCKED!!..
He didn't suck against Empoli or Brügge, but the point is that he can and he should do much better. Since he's got the all potential in the world, we can also expect more of him than, say, Zalayeta. He sucked today, and that's something that worries me. Like me and Fliakis and few others predicted, he seems to be more and more frustrated when time goes by. He should score already, if he doesn't do that soon, I'm certain that once again we'll be here to prove sophmore slump. :(

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jocke27 ] ++

Come on now, my friend!
You've clearly already made up your mind about Zlatan.
As someone said, he got excellent ratings in both the Brügge-game and the Empoli-game.
A striker should score so if you would've said:
Well, Zlatan has played well but he hasn't scored so I think we should play him or him instead, that would have been a much more understandable opinion.
He was brilliant against Brügge. He attracted alot of defenders, he received the ball well, he made runs, dribbles, headers, passes, practically anything but a goal.
And one remark: He created almost all of the chances himself.
What did Del Piero do today: Took advantage of chances created by someone els.
I don't think Trez would have scored 4 goals if he would have played with DP. And I'm sure Trez would rather play with Zlatan. Just look at his and DP:s cooperation today, non existing.
So I'm sure Capello will play Ibra-Trez on wednesday, like he should and hopefully there will be 3 new, fresh points to cash in for Juve.

Or maybe why not try out the other probable options at our disposal while we can afford to because if this is supposed to be Zlatan's at his best, its not going to get us much come the season end.

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
ah it wont matter if zlatan wont play anymore for Juventus. He will always start for Team Sweden anyway, because he doesn't have any competition there.

Only 3 weeks to Croatia - Sweden and I can watch Zlatan play again!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Capello believes in Zlatan he uses him more than every other player to get time and experience wich will help him eventually to become one of the best attackers in europe
and we all can see he is improoving.
Thats he uses him ahead of Mutu and DP,
Cap may considers that Mutu and DP have no future in Juve and he sacrifice their form for the development and morality of the TALL and POWERFULL.

DP is a usefull tool who delivers when needed,
maybe the pressure and competition did indeed afected him,
he fights more than he used to,
he had a v.good game,he was one of our most active players,
he didnt work any miracles because he didnt had the changes to do them because of the teams play,
we didnt play that offencively like we did in the previus games.

Zlatan on the other hand,seems to have more impact on the attack because he knows how to mess up the defences, he is very athletick and selfish, he will prefere to shoot than pass to a player in a better position even if he wastes all of our attacking changes,
unlike DP who will play more carefully and maybe prefere to give the ball in the back than loose it.

They have a dif play,it depends on every coaches idea of attacking,
its useless for us to have these endless debates as we are not the ones who take the decisions of the players on the roster
and the one who does has already made his decisions and he is too stuborn to change them.
There is nothing more ta argue about since noone will ever change somebody elses decision either will influence Cap's choices,
we sould be united and we sould be glad for the victory of our team.

As about Mutu,i believe Cap has (trade) plans for him and thats why he wont bet on his development and time play,
he seems to be much more interested+anxius about the development and play time of (currently) another teams player,
a v.special for him

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++

Zlatan on the other hand,seems to have more impact on the attack because he knows how to mess up the defences, he is very athletick and selfish, he will prefere to shoot than pass to a player in a better position even if he wastes all of our attacking changes,
unlike DP who will play more carefully and maybe prefere to give the ball in the back than loose it.
zlatan is more fun to watch in the attack. This is good for the italian league. He is still young, give him more time.

Juventus won Scuddeti with zlatan playing last season, is that not good enough for the juve fans?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++
Juventus won Scuddeti with zlatan playing last season, is that not good enough for the juve fans?
No, Juventus won the league with both Zlatan AND Del Piero last season. And Trezeguet and Zalayeta. But it's worth noticing that Del Piero scored MORE goals than Zlatan last season, playing less matches.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

No, Juventus won the league with both Zlatan AND Del Piero last season. And Trezeguet and Zalayeta. But it's worth noticing that Del Piero scored MORE goals than Zlatan last season, playing less matches.
More importantly, At least 5 of del Pieros goals were assisted by Zlatan. And three of them could all be credited to Zlatan too since all Del Piero had to do was tap it in.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

:thumb:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Its funny that u are a better at anilising(sorry for spell) a player after a match than Gazzetta dello sport.. they gave zlatan 7 against empoli and the highest was Trezeguet with 7.5 after 2 goals.... and against Brügge he also got 7 by GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT, TUTTOSPORT, CORRIERE DELLO SPORT, and he got 7.5 by LA STAMPA and 8 by CORRIERE DELLA SERA !!!

u see, i dont really get it? how come u are the only one to say he SUCKED??? plzzz tell me, are all thoes newspaper DUM? are they stupied or what? how come they gave him so nice ratings while u are saying he dident play well, hmm no, u dident only say he dident play well, u said HE SUCKED!!..
I couldn't give two shits what those papers said about any player....when Totti was sent off last year against some weak side and had a horrible match Corriere Della Sera still gave him a 7.5 for assisting on a friggin corner kick. If you rely on those papers for everything you're opinions will matter as much as what color boot Del Piero is wearing.

And where did I say Zlatan "sucked" exactly? I said he was poor in this match today and poor against Brugge on Wednesday, whether you like to hear the truth or not. I'm not gonna sugar coat what I think just because people don't like criticism against their favorite players. We saw what Zlatan could do last year and unfortunately thus far this season he has been disapointing...end of story.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jocke27 ] ++

Well yeah, that's where the game is played alright.

Yes I did.

Zlatan also gave the ball away several times and fouled up a bunch of opportunities he should have done better with. His passing was rather poor especially when he was holding the ball further out from goal. Sure, he does a great job creating space for other players however that does not matter if he cannot GIVE the ball to other players. We have come to expect better performances than this from Zlatan and unforunately he has not impressed in the Champions League like he has in the Serie A so far in his career.

What did Del Piero do today: Took advantage of chances created by someone else
I don't care what Del Piero did today we are talking about how Zlatan has been disapointing so far this season, which he has been.

Oh please...keep assumptions out of this discussion. The Trezeguet-Del Piero combination stems back all the way to 2002 and was perhaps the best strikeforce in Italy that year with Trezeguet and Del Piero both scoring copius amounts of goals. Those are facts, not this "Trez would rather play with Zlatan" or "Trez wouldnt have scored with DP" nonsense...who are you, Miss Cloe?

Trezeguet has scored the majority of his goals at Juventus with Del Piero next to him so get your facts straight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)