[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (23 Viewers)

Jocke27

Sep 12, 2005
This was a typical resting game for Juventus.
They have alot of games ahead and it was obvious that they didn't give 100 %.
Great for Juve that they have a sub who can come in and score two goals.
A goal is always a goal and that's mainly what a , Del Piero didn't do anything special.
He lost the ball alot of times in the first half and the Ascoli defense headed away every high ball that got against Del Piero.
But did Zlatan prove to the Juve-fans, "Del Piero-fans" and Capello that really should be the first choice, regardless on how well the other strikers play? Noooooo...
He was terrible. He must have had lower than 20% in passing accuracy.
He slowed down the Juve attack, he complained, he missed a given goal when he placed the header wide with an open goal.
I've got to say, I can't remember the last time I saw him that uninspired and lame.
He played 35 games last season, he was only a sub in the first game against Brescia at Delle Alpi.
It can't be a coincidence. He can't perform well when he is a sub.
Which triggers thoughts and wonderings in Capello's head that he didn't wanna have.
I'm sure Zlatan-Trez will play on wednesday.
And he should, Zlatan had one bad half.
But ofcourse he must start scoring soon, no doubt.

I dont think subbing on Zlatan is such a good idea. I would bring on Mutu instead.
- Dan in the first half
- Great judgement, Mutu should have played instead.

but Del Piero continued to dominate with a header that glanced wide.
- Football Italia
- A clearly partial opinion, Del Piero didn't dominate anything today.

Ibrahimovic was poor once again today
- Andy
- You clearly missed both the Empoli- and the Brügge game, or you must have had your eyes shut during the games. He was voted man of the match in both games.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Really a poor performance today and I can't believe Ascoli gave us such a difficult time. We really had trouble creating chances for ourselves and in the first half we only had two clear-cut chances and thankfully Capello gave Del Piero the start because he finished the chances off. Apart from those chances we did not trouble Ascoli's keeper Coppola at all in the first half and our forwards and wing midfielders really did not do much offensively tonight.

This would have been the perfect match to give the trident a run about but again Capello just used the same formation and players once again. The trident would have given us more options up top and with more movement in attack we would have caused the stubborn Ascoli defense more problems. We really did not attack with pace and with a player like Mutu who makes incisive runs around the box we could have created more space and opportunities in attack, but no we can't do that because we like "bigger" players...riiight.

Second half was not much of a change and Ascoli actually troubled us a few times and I said earlier I wouldn't have been surprised if they levelled against us. We were still poor going forward however we created some opportunities only to give the ball away or shoot over the bar. Our defense looked somewhat shakey today for some reason and I don't know why Capello had to start Zebina...it was just another dumb decision to rush him back to action when he was still recovering from injury.

And it's pretty clear Capello has no intentions of even experimenting with the trident and Mutu will probably continue to waste away on the bench. Mutu is a fantastic player and it's a shame after being fvcked by Mourinho he is now seemingly being fvcked by Capello at Juventus. I dont know what it takes to see the guy obviously has talent and he would add something this team desperately needs...a player who has pace and can make great runs in attack and through midfield. Perhaps Capello is still holding out for Cassano...either way not giving him a chance is complete bullshit. I mean Jesus we should give clubs like Ascoli a beating at home FFS.

Capello also seems intent on using the same players day in and day out, same midfield and same attackers every match. Once winter comes around and we have Champions League and Serie A matches every week this insistence on playing the same players will catch up to us, just like last year. The players will become tired and fatigue will set in, and another bad spell will just be waiting to afflict us and it might cost us our season. But I guess Capello wants to take that chance huh.

Abbiati looked far from confident again and still looks awkward trying to take crosses.

Blasi made some mistakes defensively and was not able to attack as much as he did Wednesday...verdict still out on this player at RB.

Kovac was decent however made a couple mistakes in the first half.

Cannavaro same as Kovac.

Zambrotta was average and still did not get up the flank much again today. I can't help but feel Nedved is just obstructing his runs and we will not benefit from Zambro's great crosses and runs with him staying back on defense.

Camoranesi was quite poor today and gave the ball away a lot in the first half. Really did not seem with it out there.

Emerson was solid breaking down the Ascoli attacks however did not do much going forward.

Vieira was also solid and active in midfield and looked very good with the ball at his feet.

Nedved, well I wouldn't say was poor today however he still do not make those great runs or crosses we used to see from him. Again, Mutu should be given his chance because Nedved has been average.

Trezeguet really did not recieve the ball much today and he was not as active as he was against Brugge.

Del Piero scored both our goals and his freekick was very good however apart from that he really did not do much. He became more involved in the second half however things were still not clicking in attack.

Ibrahimovic was poor once again today, giving the ball away more than doing something useful with it. Right now he doesn't even warrant a place in front of Mutu as far as I'm concerned...very disapointing.
I didn't see the game yet, but I have the same feeling about Ibrahimovic. Anyone who saw the Brugge game, will say that Ibrahimovic worked a lot and troubled Brugge's defense but didn't FINISH our chances off.

Regardless of what happend today, Mutu should have always been a starter.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jocke27 ] ++
- Andy
- You clearly missed both the Empoli- and the Brügge game, or you must have had your eyes shut during the games. He was voted man of the match in both games.
What an absolute joke...voted man of the match by who? Aftonbladet? Please...

In the Brugge match Zlatan was active but he gave the ball away too much and missed simple chances he should have done better with. He was poor if you ask me and needed to improve. Against Empoli Ibrahimovic made some nice runs but was average from what we should expect from the Swede. He has been disapointing thus far and needs to improve.

Sep 15, 2005
Oh btw, why doesn't Mutu get any minutes? I must be missing something, because all I know is that Mutu was brilliant in his international games. Zlatan isn't having a great season uptil now, Del Piero isn't liked by Capello, so that only leaves Trezeguet. It's nice that Del Piero started today (and proved to be worth it), but it's ****ing time that Mutu gets his chance.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Centrocampista ] ++
Oh btw, why doesn't Mutu get any minutes? I must be missing something, because all I know is that Mutu was brilliant in his international games. Zlatan isn't having a great season uptil now, Del Piero isn't liked by Capello, so that only leaves Trezeguet. It's nice that Del Piero started today (and proved to be worth it), but it's ****ing time that Mutu gets his chance.
Probably because the Cassano swap didn't work in August.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And another thing...Nedved deliberatly touched the ball with his hand and made a nasty challenge on an Ascoli player a couple minutes later. Luckily he did not get booked because he probably should have been sent off.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
chill, we have 5 strikers and we have only played four games. Calm the **** down and relise that he did come on as a sub already, but he cannot come on every game ya know.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well DP played well but he never plays well against a good club!
and I still says he is not Juve material anymore!
And I think you are right Mutu should have started today he is playing brilliant for Romania and he deserve a chance

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I just wanna say something:

FVCK DEL PIERO CRITICS! UP YOURS, DAMN BASTERDS!!

The captain is still the best, open your eyes Capello! cant let a champion like him on the bench, and now he proved it. He was the best player on the pitch!

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

What an absolute joke...voted man of the match by who? Aftonbladet? Please...

In the Brugge match Zlatan was active but he gave the ball away too much and missed simple chances he should have done better with. He was poor if you ask me and needed to improve. Against Empoli Ibrahimovic made some nice runs but was average from what we should expect from the Swede. He has been disapointing thus far and needs to improve.
Its funny that u are a better at anilising(sorry for spell) a player after a match than Gazzetta dello sport.. they gave zlatan 7 against empoli and the highest was Trezeguet with 7.5 after 2 goals.... and against Brügge he also got 7 by GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT, TUTTOSPORT, CORRIERE DELLO SPORT, and he got 7.5 by LA STAMPA and 8 by CORRIERE DELLA SERA !!!

u see, i dont really get it? how come u are the only one to say he SUCKED??? plzzz tell me, are all thoes newspaper DUM? are they stupied or what? how come they gave him so nice ratings while u are saying he dident play well, hmm no, u dident only say he dident play well, u said HE SUCKED!!..

Juno

Escape Artist
Apr 23, 2005
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I just wanna say something:

FVCK DEL PIERO CRITICS! UP YOURS, DAMN BASTERDS!!

The captain is still the best, open your eyes Capello! cant let a champion like him on the bench, and now he proved it. He was the best player on the pitch!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: you blind dp lovers are so funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)