SERIE A: Juventus - Ancona (11 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I dont think any players should get rested, i think its stupid. Premiership players like V. Nistleroy and henry ect hardly ever rest. Juve always rest players. And the premiership dont even get a break over christmas, Seri A has a very long break i think.
Del Piero should definatly play.

Whisper

May 17, 2003
before, i would've taken this match for granted but now, in this state that juve is in, i'd definitely cross my fingers..we need every bit of luck we can get...i'm sure that there will be more defence mistakes and sloppy passes in the midfield but hopefully a team like ancona wont be able to take advantage of that...2-0..plz???

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
It's a bad state, but not to the extremes that some of you have mentioned. We'll win comfortably - 2 or 3-0 and next week we'll have Neddy back; Maresca's absence is the worst, but Trezeguet's injury will invest a bit of confidence in Di Vaio and give a bench spot to Benjamin who I'm sure many of you have been anticipating..it ain't THAT bad, guys; I'm scared more about our form in Europe than against Serie A minnows, Ancona. :down:

Forza_La_Juve

Aug 7, 2003
what if's are for a team like INTER.
We are Juve.......it is time for our boys to believe in themselves and get the necessary results. Every game from now for the rest of the season is critical in all the competitions. The next month will determine if we are still a great team, or a has been...

what is the deal with Lippi's future...Libya is interested in him...he wants to coach the azzuri soon...right after euro 2004?? Agnelli not happy. Me thinks if Depor knocks us out, Lippi will not be coaching this team next year.

OP
Len

Len

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #71
    Well said Forza La Juve
    "WE ARE JUVE"
    !!!sIAMO Noi JuVE!!!
    We gotta believe in our team, they need confidence

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    We will win this game hands down.

I am willing to make a bet with someone. The looser has to change his/her avatar for 2 weeks to Inter Milan's Logo. I say we will win this game by AT LEAST a margin of 2 goals (that is either 2 - 0, 3 - 1, 4 - 2 etc or 3 - 0, 4 - 0 etc.). Anybody willing to counter that and say that we will draw, loose, or not win by a margin of two goals? If you do, the bet is on!!!!

Looser MUST put an inter milan logo (the blue one and black one) for his/her avatar for 2 weeks.

Deal?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Lippi unveils trident attack
    Sunday 29 February, 2004

Marcello Lippi unveils a new three-pronged strike force against bottom of the table Ancona as Juve seek to improve their form.

With David Trezeguet and Enzo Maresca injured, plus Pavel Nedved suspended, the Coach will field Alessandro Del Piero, Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli together from the start.

“Up until now they have only played together once and didn’t do terribly well,” he said of the 1-1 draw at Lecce.

“They know that we need 100 per cent from everyone, as Ancona already held Roma here a few weeks ago and could repeat that performance against us.”

Juventus are still in the chase for the Scudetto, Champions’ League and Coppa Italia, but recent poor performances have seen them bitterly criticised in the press.

Even Honorary President Umberto Agnelli admitted this week he was “unimpressed” with the style of play in the 1-0 defeat at Deportivo La Coruna.

“Agnelli said the same things to me on the telephone,” insisted Lippi, “and if anything it was a compliment. Considering the sheer number of injuries, the fact we are still able to compete for all trophies is something to be applauded.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds great :D

I don't like the part in bold though, doesn't sound much like a winning attitude :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the same article:

The rotation system will have to wait after Maresca and Trezeguet were ruled out for five to six weeks with a fractured vertebra and torn shoulder ligament respectively. Igor Tudor is also sidelined with continuing fitness problems.

“I prefer to see the glass as half full,” said the ever-optimistic tactician. “I only have 16 first team players at my disposal, but it would only be a real issue if there were several different injuries in one area of the squad.”

“From now on all the members of this team will get exactly what they wanted – to play in every game. Many times stars got annoyed when they were left on the bench,” revealed Lippi, “but that will no longer be an issue.”

The experienced Coach did not name names, but it has been suggested in the press that Di Vaio and Trezeguet were particularly irritated by the squad rotation policy

OP
    Len

Len

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #79
    Its good to try out DV, DP and Miccoli together IMO
    Might be like the Azzuri with Vieri, Totti and Del Piero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)