[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-1 Torino [July 4th, 2020] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Sarri: 'We must neutralise Torino's motivation'

The Bianconeri have impressed since the disappointment in the Coppa Italia and have won three on the bounce, only conceding once in their five last games.
But the coach wants to see the Old Lady take further steps and continue their dominance in the local derby against the Granata.
“We must focus on improving. The team created notions against Genoa and then individuals decided the game.
“Since this is a derby, we know we will face a motivated team and for different reasons it’s increasingly important for them to get a result.
“When a team can count on these motivations, we must do well to neutralise it. If not, it will get complicated.”
Giorgio Chiellini will not return to the starting line-up against the Granata.
“Right now, he is training with the fitness coaches, we are probably close to the end of his athletic programme,” the coach confessed. “It seems he will be available shortly after this game or immediately after that.”

The match will be played in the afternoon on Saturday and personally believes it should have been pushed to the evening.
“The public can sometimes get you out of complicated situations in games, but the habit remains, especially leading up to the game,” he said about the match in an empty Allianz Stadium tomorrow.
“In terms of movement, I would say it’s wrong to play tomorrow afternoon, as Juventus coach I say that tomorrow there’s a game at 16:15 GMT and we play to win.”
Sarri has revealed he might use Douglas Costa in the same way as against Genoa in the Derby, as he predicts the Brazilian can be useful in the second half.
“[Federico] Bernardeschi is in a moment where he is doing well. Douglas Costa deserves to play but he can become lethal during the game, that’s why he might come off the bench.”
He avoided looking at the programme leading up to the direct clash against Lazio, saying the fixtures in this period are very unpredictable.
“It’s an atypical moment, difficult for everyone, and we must look at one game at a time because there’s a level of danger in every game, different from the others.”
Sarri claimed after the Genoa match that Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala are combining more in recent weeks.
“They play closer and therefore find themselves at pace more often, in training they are doing these kinds of exercises.
“And yesterday [Alex Sandro] spent 15 to 20 minutes with us on the tactical session. I found him well. I hope he can be available from next week, to start some matches too. It seems like he is recovering well from this injury.”

FI

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
@Alex-444 posted the best starting lineup we can field right now, hopefully we will go with that (Sandro instead of useless Danilo and it would be "perfect"). But I predict a boring low scoring match, no matter who we will field.

--

Is MDS really still going to spend 20 days at J-Medical? :shifty: At least Sandro will be back soon.

Oct 23, 2011
IF we score early I foresee a good scoreline for us. Against Lazio they were clearly exhausted after an hour and if they have to chase a result they'll leave an abundance of space in the back. Let's hope for some Dybala - Ronaldo magic again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)