[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-1 Roma (29th Sept - 2012) (9 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Vucinic

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

• Zeman

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I honestly don't get why Quag wouldn't start.
I don't get this striker policy either. Quags has 3 goals in 3 games for us, just because he didn't bag one last game doesn't mean he's having a crisis. Now we're probably going to play an out of form Matri until he finds his form, then he doesn't perform for one game and then we rotate him again :D

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I think we should play Vidal-Cheesio-Asamoah midfield in a 4-3-3. Fuck shit up and break them. Litch to score a hat-trick. I want them to cry.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What's the general feeling on how Juve should approach this game?

Allow the game to be open and fast like Roma want it to be (and how Inter played them) and have Juve back themselves by virtue of their athleticism and superior defence or try to keep the tempo low and keep the pitch small?

I think it would be very dangerous for Juve in their current physical condition to try and play Roma in an open game, both from the point of view of winning this game and not being exhausted for the game against Shakhtar.

Roma - prior to their game in midweek - had had ten days rest, so they are going to be very fresh coming into this game.

There is also a third option of trying to start the game fast and then closing it down after a while.

That's always a dangerous option and can lead to really suffering late on if you haven't managed to establish a lead when you played with a high tempo.

I think Juve have little choice but to try and dominate possession and keep the tempo nice and slow.

I certainly don't think Juve should get dragged into trying to press hard when Roma get the ball. Better just to retreat and deny them space and be patient, rather than racing around and leaving spaces like Roma will want.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
This is also a tough game for the 3-5-2.

Playing against 4-3-3 is always awkward as you have to find the balance between not leaving your back three playing three-on-three with the opposition forwards and avoiding your wingbacks getting stuck deep and being deprived of any width higher up the pitch.

With Totti's inclination to drop deep and make Roma's 4-3-3 play more like 4-3-1-2 at times, it may be a good game to play Pogba and make use of his superior defensive abilities (compared to Pirlo) so that he can play Totti whenever he drops deep, so as to avoid the defence being three-on-three or one of the CBs being dragged out of position by Totti.

Juve will also have to watch for Roma's runners coming from deep in midfield - as Florenzi did for his goal against Inter - and that is something Pirlo is not good at and is a well known weakness of teams with Pirlo in them.

However, I wouldn't expect Roma to try and man-mark Pirlo, so there would be every chance he could be very influential if he did play.

Decisions, decisions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)