[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-0 Udinese (January 19, 2013) (73 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Pogba

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Caceres, Giaccherini and Padoin on the left side just seems too unsafe. I would be more comfortable if Barzagli played LCB and Caceres as RCB.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Keep in mind that Juve play Lazio in midweek.

Conte probably doesn't want to start Lichtsteiner and Isla together in this one because he'll be looking to alternate between them for RWB in the next few games.

If there wasn't a game in midweek, I'd have looked for Isla to start in midfield tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny how yesterday Di Natale was injured and today he is in every lineup. These tricks are very old.
He still isn't in GdS's prediction:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/prob_form/

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Agreed.
Also, given the much-publicised issues Juve are having down their left side, due to that side of the team being injured, is there any reason for Barzagli not to move across to play LCB?

Just a way to spread the first-choice players around a little.

Would also allow Caceres the easier role of playing CB behind the ever-reliable Lichtsteiner, who is likely to give him considerably better support than the LWB tends to give on the other side.
Valid point, but I get the feeling Barzagli has said he doesn't like playing on the left side and I recall him having a bad game once there earlier on in the season when Caceres stepped in as the RCB and he had to move to the left.

With the added problem of the LWB being so inferior to the RWB in terms of defensive cover, it still seems the sensible option however.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, Isla is RWB, not left side (clearly showed that in his last outing), and I doubt Conte considers him as CM option.
But he should. Last season Isla played as CM under Guidolin, now RWB. He was very good there. Same goes for CI match vs Milan. He started as LWB, then played as RWB but on both positions he was bad. I liked him as CM tho tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)