[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-0 Lecce [June 26th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I wonder if plan was to attack them in second half and tire them out more in first. Sarri had to know they'll tire. Then again, we're lethargic so often, who knows lol.
Could be, but i think it just happens from time to time that a team of greater value takes it easy and thinks the game is already won before they enter the pitch and that's where the lack of concentration comes from.
The red helped us a lot. Would have been harder to break them down with 11 out of 11, but I do think we would prevail in the end thanks to individual brilience.
It's the job of the coach to set the players straight and put them back on track.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The defence was pretty poor in the first half, they opened us up a couple of times.
Cuads and matuidi started slow and as per @Osman ,when cuads starts slow he is going to be slow all game :). Lecce were overrunning the flanks and I think they're most dangerous chances came from matuidis side.
Probably that was their tactic. To exploit that flank.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Pretty drab game until we brought Costa on and switched to a 4-4-2, then we started doubling up and overlapping on the wings, had interplay from a more central Ronaldo and Dybala and our temp stepped up a gear.

I hope we see continued use of this until the end of the season, the players we have are far better suited to a 4-4-2 system than the 4-3-3 which gives us no width and restrains our creativity

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I said it before, I'll repeat it, bring Prediction League back! I'll be the main organisator but I need a sidekick.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Abysmal first half, but we turned on the style in the 2nd. I'm not sure if it's because we woke up and Lecce tired (probably a combination of both), but we're not going to get away with first half performances like this against better opponents, especially in Europe. We can't rely on the opposition receiving red cards :D

Lecce are cannon fodder, but a win is a win, and we managed to extend our lead. Also, Sarri still sucks, and so do Rabiot, Berna, and the usual useless suspects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)