[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-0 Hellyes Verona (January 18th, 2015) (1 Viewer)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Why does allegri keep forcing llorente down juves throat? Even at his best he's not better than morata at his best, so why not just develop morata??

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Why does allegri keep forcing llorente down juves throat? Even at his best he's not better than morata at his best, so why not just develop morata??
Because Barca, Madrid, Bayern, United and the World XI wanted to buy him 3 seasons ago for £250,000,000 bro, but he stayed on the bench for a season and chose to play for us instead. So we need to be grateful for that and help the Worlds finest #9 get back to his immaculate form.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Really? Have you seen llorente with Bilbao? Have you seen him during the second half of last season?

- - - Updated - - -

Because Barca, Madrid, Bayern, United and the World XI wanted to buy him 3 seasons ago for £250,000,000 bro, but he stayed on the bench for a season and chose to play for us instead. So we need to be grateful for that and help the Worlds finest #9 get back to his immaculate form.
More because if he returns to his form from last season, the team will benefit a lot.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This is getting insane. What the fuck did Morata ever done here? Scratch that. What the fuck did he do at Real? Llorente and Morata are on another level, and have been for a while. Of course, this could all change in the future, but for now, Llorente is the better striker.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Really? Have you seen llorente with Bilbao? Have you seen him during the second half of last season?

- - - Updated - - -

More because if he returns to his form from last season, the team will benefit a lot.
Meh, considering it's been half a season and there was no injury or loss of game time that has prevented him from playing at his best, i'm going to assume this is not form at all but he's at this point in his career not very good.

I don't even rate Morata that highly either but at least he has room to grow and if you're gonna sign him for big money off of Madrid (Allegri approved of the deal as soon as he came here) you might as well fucking use him when his only competition for the Number 9 spot is playing like shit.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Meh, considering it's been half a season and there was no injury or loss of game time that has prevented him from playing at his best, i'm going to assume this is not form at all but he's at this point in his career not very good.

I don't even rate Morata that highly either but at least he has room to grow and if you're gonna sign him for big money off of Madrid (Allegri approved of the deal as soon as he came here) you might as well $#@!ing use him when his only competition for the Number 9 spot is playing like $#@!.
From a beast in the last 6 months of last season (when he started to play) to a useless tree. You are suggesting a torresque decline. It seems to me Allegri can't get the best out of him but knows that he could be very useful. Otherwise why would he stick with him over his own signing (Morata)?

He knows llorente can deliver he just hasnt figured out how to make him deliver. He also knows that if he delivers then the benefit will exceed anything that Morata can offer. Either that or Allegri is just an idiot.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If you want to look at it that way you could also say he started his Juve career doing nothing special, so he's had half a season worth of consistent, good displays in 1 and a half seasons worth of football.

He's not doing much different under Allegri than he was under Conte. No system, no coach, no tactics are going to make a player do simple things, and get simple things right. That's down to the player himself.

Like I have always said, even though I don't want him here remotely, he is a decent player if the attack is built around him. If we dropped Tevez and played Llorente between a pair of genuine wingers he'd be much better than he is now. HOWEVER, he's not good enough to warrant building an attack around, he's definitely not good enough to force us to drop Tevez and if a player needs to have pretty much everything going for them in order to play well then they should not be regular starters for us.

He clearly can't adapt, maybe it's mostly because of his sheer size as it's obviously not easy being that tall and being a consistent threat (Unless you're Zlatan)

If we really do want to improve our team, Llorente is one of the obvious players who needs to be upgraded.

Oct 23, 2011
I agree that Morata should have been used more often, but he hasn't set the world on fire either.. He was really disappointing against Hellas in the coppa and i understand Allegri's decision for Llorente as he knows what a good Llorente is capable of.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah i'm not saying we should make Morata our undisputed starter either, although yeah he needs more time. Like I have said, it's bad when you bring in a player and refuse to give him a string of starts when the only person keeping him out of the team is playing like shit. It's not a good move.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
God, just keep the same players if you want but put Tevez on the left and Pereyra on the right. Giovinco was playing LW in the Coppa but he was in the centre half the match. I'm sure Tevez could easily do the same.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
God, just keep the same players if you want but put Tevez on the left and Pereyra on the right. Giovinco was playing LW in the Coppa but he was in the centre half the match. I'm sure Tevez could easily do the same.
Both Allegri and Tevez have said that the striker is playing as a free role forward.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I'd had hoped for Morata since its a homegame

Thing is :

At any given point : substitution : replace Pirlo with Coman
Move Marchisio to CMD, Vidal next to Tevez, Llorente center, Coman LW, Pereyra RW.
1 sub and its a 433

Replace Llorente with Morata and suddenly, the team becomes incredibly fast up front.

*crossing fingers*
:tup: I'm really waiting for Coman to be given another chance, hopefully it's today. Then Tevez could be moved to the middle (since both Llorente and Morata aren't killing it lately) and Coman would play LWF. That's another option for you :D

With Marchisio as DM I feel much more comfortable I think he's very good there this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)