[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-2 roma (October 5th 2014) (52 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Caceres

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Licht

• Llorente

• Tevez

• Ogbonna

• Morata

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Anyone knows why Bonucci got a yellow card after Tottis penalty?
Totti celebrated in front of the Juve fans.

This angered Bonucci who wanted to go and confront him about it.

Ref booked Totti for the celebration and Bonucci for getting aggressive about it.

The ref didn't make lots of wrong calls, but he didn't handle the situation well. It all started when he gave a fk instead of a pk and the Roma players lost their minds. Then he was probably afraid that he might have made a mistake, so he did everything to compensate Roma. He was literally waiting to give them a pk, which on the other hand infuriated our players. After that the ref was helpless because everyone on the pitch was mad.
:tup:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
i dont get the crying on this forum i really dont.

1st goal Maicon jumps 1 yard forward from where he should be to block the shot with his arm while he is still in the box as the ball hits his arm. The handball was just outside the box but the player was still in the box so when he handled the ball the player was still active in the box. He could have been sent off for making 2 fouls in that 1 incident, 1st was the handball and the 2nd was advancing forward in the wall to get closer to the ball but nobody talks about that.

2nd penalty, Pogba's foot is on the line which is considered active in the box, his knee is also clearly over the line so he is definitely active in the box at the time of the foul.

3rd goal, nothing to dispute here the pics clearly show the keeper could see Bonucci striking the ball and Vidal not impeding his vision. If his vision was impeded there is no way he could have dived as early as he did to try and save the shot.

There were fine lines between the decisions they could have easily been given as a FK instead of a penalty just as much the other way around which is what happened. I didn't see much wrong with the decisions.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Well that wasn't a terribly interesting match from a tactical viewpoint.

Obviously there was plenty of incident and excitement, but not all that much worthy of analysis.

Both teams were focused on having a huge presence in midfield and both teams struggled to get past the opposition midfield. Both defences struggled to contain the opposition attack when they were left exposed by the midfields.

Was interesting seeing Allegri adapt the 3-5-2 to play Roma's fairly unique front three. First half saw Juve really twist towards a back four, with Caceres marking Gervinho. In the second half Lichtsteiner went a bit deeper and Juve pushed Bonucci up to close down Totti. Not using a midfield to pick up Totti meant Juve had more chance of winning the midfield battle and even gave them enough security in there to feel able to try and get Pogba out of midfield and into space to try and influence the game.

Was a good sub by Allegri to bring Morata on because, aside from Llorente not playing well, the game developed in a way that suited Morata more than Llorente. Roma tried to push higher up in the second half and impose themselves on the game. That meant there was space in behind/down the side of them for a mobile forward to run into the channels.

Was also notable how wide Pogba played for long periods of the game. That helped to block Maicon and also got Pogba out of the midfield crowd and got him some time on the ball - not that he made much of that time. It sucked Roma over to that side of the pitch and meant there were chances when Juve switched the ball quickly, but they didn't manage to do that very often.

Anyway, it's two very good teams and it is was a pretty even game. Despite the result, Roma should take a lot from it - considering the number of players they were missing - in terms of confidence in their ability to compete with Juve.
What do you think about the pk's and the overall refereeing yesterday?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What do you think about the pk's and the overall refereeing yesterday?
I agree with Alen's overall summary:

The ref didn't make lots of wrong calls, but he didn't handle the situation well. It all started when he gave a fk instead of a pk and the Roma players lost their minds. Then he was probably afraid that he might have made a mistake, so he did everything to compensate Roma. He was literally waiting to give them a pk, which on the other hand infuriated our players. After that the ref was helpless because everyone on the pitch was mad.
I don't think there was much you could say the ref was clearly wrong about in the game.

The issue is that there had to be considerable doubt on the two penalty calls so, rightly or wrongly, you probably expect to get one of the two decisions in your favour.

Because Juve got both calls in their favour, it leaves things open to accusations of bias.

Roma are hurting their credibility when complaining about the refereeing by bring up Bonucci's goal. Rightly or wrongly (I believe the rules say there is no offside, but I don't like the current interpretation of the offside law) there is no way that goal ever gets disallowed for offside no matter the circumstances or who is playing.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I agree with Alen's overall summary:

I don't think there was much you could say the ref was clearly wrong about in the game.

The issue is that there had to be considerable doubt on the two penalty calls so, rightly or wrongly, you probably expect to get one of the two decisions in your favour.

Because Juve got both calls in their favour, it leaves things open to accusations of bias.

Roma are hurting their credibility when complaining about the refereeing by bring up Bonucci's goal. Rightly or wrongly (I believe the rules say there is no offside, but I don't like the current interpretation of the offside law) there is no way that goal ever gets disallowed for offside no matter the circumstances or who is playing.
Also I think that Morata didn't deserved red card.Yes it was a clear foul but that tackle wasn't for card.After that Manolas pushed and hit Moratta who doesn't respond but both get red cards!!!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Also I think that Morata didn't deserved red card.Yes it was a clear foul but that tackle wasn't for card.After that Manolas pushed and hit Moratta who doesn't respond but both get red cards!!!
Yeah, I didn't agree with that, but it wasn't an important decision in the overall scheme of things.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Which is exactly two macthes too much.

Especially seeing as the next two fixtures are the perfect opportunity for him to grab some minutes, with Llorente out of form (though I retain my stance that, except for the game against Roma, he hasn't been nearly as bad as he's made out to be), and weak opponents.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Totti and Dule crying:

:lol:

i was screaming like crazy when bonbon scored, in that one second he broke enough roman hearts to resurrect enrico caruso
Me too. I was like, "Suck it like a wolf's tit, Roma!"

To be honest, I hate the result, don't get me wrong, I'm glad we won, but it's the manner of the result which I hate. Yet again this is another crucial match where everyone walks away talking about is us getting help with referees. It's not Juve's fault that the referee was completely incompetent and out of his depth but regardless. It adds to the ever-growing pile of incidents that benefit us.
I've given up. We're never going to convince anyone in Italy about innocence or clean football no matter what we do. We could go back to Serie B, lose all our three administrators, rebuild, and people whine about the same shit over and over again. I'm done with it. I'm now I'm at a phase of feeling like, "Fuck you and your incessant whining ... just rub it in your faces."

And what was brilliant about that match? It just rubbed it in their faces. I'm done with playing nice for everybody. The only way that match could have been better is if Roma had three Gol di Muntari annulled.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I've given up. We're never going to convince anyone in Italy about innocence or clean football no matter what we do. We could go back to Serie B, lose all our three administrators, rebuild, and people whine about the same shit over and over again. I'm done with it. I'm now I'm at a phase of feeling like, "Fuck you and your incessant whining ... just rub it in your faces."

And what was brilliant about that match? It just rubbed it in their faces. I'm done with playing nice for everybody. The only way that match could have been better is if Roma had three Gol di Muntari annulled.
Finally. Now you get the "fuck italy and who cares about how they do in Europe". Same applies. Tired of people cheering for these fuckers in Europe because its "good for Italy". Fuck them. I want them all to fail miserably.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope we don't lose Morata for the next few games.
@Bianconero_Aus

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Finally. Now you get the "$#@! italy and who cares about how they do in Europe". Same applies. Tired of people cheering for these $#@!ers in Europe because its "good for Italy". $#@! them. I want them all to fail miserably.
]
:agree:

This. I don't understand why any Juve fan would cheer for these pathetic clubs in Europe. I'd rather be the one good club in a mediocre league, then cheer these trash clubs on. We all know Serie A is never going to drop out of the top 6 in UEFA rankings, so we'll always have 3 CL places. And I'll always be hoping the rest of the clubs in this shitty league fail miserably.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Every major club in Italy, has at east once in the last couple years, taken a serious dig at Juventus for our legitimacy. Gol di Muntari...the game yesterday...Mazzarri as always blames the ref. These mother fuckers, if in our position, would do the exact same thing and NOT ONE would say "you know what, the whole of Italy is right and we are wrong". Hypocrites. They would be on the defensive if roles were reversed. Every major country has at least 1 team that wins way more than everyone else:

-man U
-RM/Barca
-Bayern
-Ajax
-PSG
-Juventus

Its the way it is. They need to deal with it. Our club will always be the focal point of Serie A and the national team. In fact, I think we have been given far fewer PK's since 2006 than the other major clubs. Maybe @Alen can dig into his black statistics box under his bed to confirm?

Why anyone here cares about coefficients and that sort of crap should reconsider because what has everyone else done for Juve? Nothing. It always has been and always will be, thank God, Juventus vs everyone else. I'd prefer it stay that way because it makes games like yesterday so fucking good.

- - - Updated - - -

Manolas 2 match ban
Alvaro 1
:howler:

My point exactly. Love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)