[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-1 Chievo (Feb. 16th 2014) (6 Viewers)

MoM

• Ogbonna

• Bonucci

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not long back in the hotel. Thoughts from the match:

We did ok without ever being brilliant, the atmosphere was pretty dead except for when we scored, was a poor choice of a game to go see at the JS for the first time (circumstances dictated as I'm only in Europe for 3 weeks before going back to China).

Chievo did pretty well however, they never threatened us for most of the game but they didn't park the bus either, they maybe had about 50 fans with them who were a bit vocal. Player ratings:

Gigi - had nothing to do really all game - 6
Ogbonna - excellent game from him - 6.5
Bonucci - had a good match without ever really having to defend - 6
Caceres - shaky when put under pressure by Chievo's players, not his best game - 5.5
Lict - pretty quiet game by his standards, hardly got a kick of the ball in the first half - 5.5
Pirlo - was ok, few moments of class but had all the time in the world at times and didn't do much with the ball - 6
Marchisio - easily MOM, was fantastic, ran up and down, made numerous slide tackles and should have scored a 2nd at the end, great game - 8
Vidal - made a few sloppy passes but won the ball back immediately, wasn't vintage Vidal today - 6
Asa - his goal was stunning, was in the opposite end to where we sat but his finish was top class - 6.5
Giovinco - poor, was loudly booed by the fans in every corner of the stadium when he got substituted, time to go - 4
Llorente - despite the goal, he was awful, worse than Giovinco, seemed like his boots were filled with concrete, his lay offs went nowhere and seemed very sluggish - 3

Great day at the JS though, getting there and back though can be a bit slow, had to wait ages for the tram to pick us up at the metro station. The J museum is top notch though, would recommend it to everyone to try and make it, but to a better game than we got today.

I'll post videos and pics when I get back to China (got the 3rd goal on film :))

Forza Juve!
@Emmet
let me guess you were at bernini tram station? it's worse when it's raining and everyone is crammed in under the tiny shelter :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Not long back in the hotel. Thoughts from the match:

We did ok without ever being brilliant, the atmosphere was pretty dead except for when we scored, was a poor choice of a game to go see at the JS for the first time (circumstances dictated as I'm only in Europe for 3 weeks before going back to China).

Chievo did pretty well however, they never threatened us for most of the game but they didn't park the bus either, they maybe had about 50 fans with them who were a bit vocal. Player ratings:

Gigi - had nothing to do really all game - 6
Ogbonna - excellent game from him - 6.5
Bonucci - had a good match without ever really having to defend - 6
Caceres - shaky when put under pressure by Chievo's players, not his best game - 5.5
Lict - pretty quiet game by his standards, hardly got a kick of the ball in the first half - 5.5
Pirlo - was ok, few moments of class but had all the time in the world at times and didn't do much with the ball - 6
Marchisio - easily MOM, was fantastic, ran up and down, made numerous slide tackles and should have scored a 2nd at the end, great game - 8
Vidal - made a few sloppy passes but won the ball back immediately, wasn't vintage Vidal today - 6
Asa - his goal was stunning, was in the opposite end to where we sat but his finish was top class - 6.5
Giovinco - poor, was loudly booed by the fans in every corner of the stadium when he got substituted, time to go - 4
Llorente - despite the goal, he was awful, worse than Giovinco, seemed like his boots were filled with concrete, his lay offs went nowhere and seemed very sluggish - 3

Great day at the JS though, getting there and back though can be a bit slow, had to wait ages for the tram to pick us up at the metro station. The J museum is top notch though, would recommend it to everyone to try and make it, but to a better game than we got today.

I'll post videos and pics when I get back to China (got the 3rd goal on film :))

Forza Juve!
What the fuck are you doing in China man?

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
BV yeah it was Bernini, got outside and there was about 80 fans waiting on the no.9 tram to bring us to the stadium, we were waiting there a good 30 mins before one turned up!

Fint I'm teaching English in Beijing, got back tomorrow, hoping the super cup comes to BJ in the summer :D

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Important win.
Great goal by Asa.Great game by him and Angelo.
Marchisio was good.

Forza Juve!!!

Now let's smash Trabzon!

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
BV yeah it was Bernini, got outside and there was about 80 fans waiting on the no.9 tram to bring us to the stadium, we were waiting there a good 30 mins before one turned up!

Fint I'm teaching English in Beijing, got back tomorrow, hoping the super cup comes to BJ in the summer :D
Good stuff mate, BJ's in the Summer are always mint :tup:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

i once waited about 2 hrs at bernini in the pouring rain, we were practically bunched up in the shelter but since we were singing songs as we waited i don't think we cared too much about the rain after a while :D the only other route i know is taking the tram from porta susa to the stadium although it drops you off at the commercial park next to the stadium and takes longer to get there

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
i once waited about 2 hrs at bernini in the pouring rain, we were practically bunched up in the shelter but since we were singing songs as we waited i don't think we cared too much about the rain after a while :D the only other route i know is taking the tram from porta susa to the stadium although it drops you off at the commercial park next to the stadium and takes longer to get there
I remember it being worse in the Delle Alpi days even though less people used to go to the stadium then.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:lol: true!

BV yeah it's not a very well run system! what did you make of the J museum?
So was there anything that particularly struck you that you hadn't noticed about individual players or Juve's shape or style of play?

I generally end up seeing new things about players and teams when I see them in person rather than watching on TV.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, I for one respect Carroll's input on the pitch alot more after seeing him in person, compared to what you notice on tv.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, I for one respect Carroll's input on the pitch alot more after seeing him in person, compared to what you notice on tv.
David Pizarro was the main one that got me.

I'd always rated him, but he went up even further in my estimations after seeing him play in person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)