[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-0 Roma (Jan. 5th 2014) (49 Viewers)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Reflecting on our win last night, I don't know how I feel about it, winning 3 - 0 against our supposed 'title challenger' is always nice, but in the 2 matches we have played against Roma and Napoli we have beaten them 6 - 0 on aggregate. We are so ahead of every team in Serie A I feel it might be detrimental to us in the longer term

It will get to the point were the only real battles we will face will be in Europe, and we have all seen how that has went this season. Crushing our rivals 3 - 0 and so on isn't testing us, we will eventually have no idea how good we potentially are because we are so far in front.

I wish Napoli and Roma put up a better fight, in all honesty.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It becomes dangerous when you have easy games every week to then face the best and reach a high enough level, but this was no easy game. We played it well and got the perfect result, but on another day it could have been a draw or narrow win.

In theory there are 4-5 teams who can give us a game as an equal, at least for spells of the game or if we are below par, but over a season it's a different story. We haven't got close to a stage where we easily beat teams, no matter the scoreline. We work hard and take advantage of opportunities to get scorelines like 3-0 in these games.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I understand that point of view from people, but I want us to crush these teams with minimum fuss so we can focus on the EL and Coppa Italia this season. We need to win them all.
That's the other side of the coin, if we build up a healthy enough lead (10+ points), we can focus on winning the EL and Coppa, which I really want us to do.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
un episodio assai curioso sta facendo discutere nelle ultime ore. Sky Sport, involontariamente, ha commesso una piccola gaffe, mandando in onda un’immagine che ha suscitato l’ilarità di tutti quelli che non simpatizzano per la Vecchia Signora: la regia ha inquadrato l’arbitro Rizzoli, propinandogli il sottopancia di Antonio Conte, tecnico della Juventus. La foto ha già fatto il giro del web, con gli sfottò che potrete immaginare.

"involontariamente" Yeah, right... Sky Sport :inter:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Times are good when we start complaining about putting away teams too easily :D

While I can see the sense in what you're saying Emmet, I say enjoy it while you can, its not so long ago we boasted a team including the likes of Boumsong and Rinaudo and were being destroyed by Fulham and Pellissier alike.

Ive no doubt we'll give the Europa League the attention it deserves, simply because Conte has stated himself and that's enough for me.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yes we should push and put at least 3 goals.
And what about that clown Castan aka "best fullback in Europe and maybe in the world" .What a clown.He needs a century to become a good centreback not the best.What a instinctive handplaying.
And Benatia the other of the mentioned pair was wiped out by Llorente while Vidal was scoring in order to give Arturo more free space.
Thats was the result of the best pair of backs "in Europe maybe in the world".When I was writing that I would never choose them over Chiello -Barzagli many were acusing me that I was tuned to my team.And now what?
I think Benatia had a decent game. The motherfucker's anticipation is one of the best I've ever seen in a footballer. This year (I didn't follow him much previously), his success in predicting where the attacker will move or where the ball will go, is amazing.
Yesterday we had 5 dangerous shots just outside the box and the mofo blocked each and every one of them. Noone else in Roma managed to block a shot. He blocked all 5. His feet were everywhere, it was annoying.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I agree that Benatia was decent yesterday.I want to point out that he was wiped out by Llorente when Vidal scored.I saw that in slow motion several times.He is strong, good, with sense where to be in particular moment.But people regarding him and Castan "the best fullback pair in Europe and in the world" is way too much.He is decent and that is.But have in mind that he played in this form only half of the season.I admire him but I am realistic.He is best Roma defender but thats is.No more than that.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
They're both good defenders. Benatia can read attackers like very few can nowadays, Castán was the solid wall that allowed Corinthians to win an unbeaten Libertadores' title.

On the first goal while Tevez was doing his thing, Pjanic let Vidal run across the box and score while he was jogging.

Castán is to blame for the second one though as his offside line didn't work, in fact it failed miserably. Third goal was just a desperate act from a desperate man at that point. I was watching and commenting with a few Brazilian friends of mine and they all said "He thought he was still playing in Brazil and the referee wouldn't see that". :lol:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Benatia is defenitely one of the top 3 defenders in Serie, and has been so during the past 1 and a half season. He also never exhibits any dirty behaviour. I really would have loved him here.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'll never understand talks like 'DID YOU SEE HIM LAST NIGHT, OMG!'. Both goes for speaking good and bad for any player out there. It's like saying our whole team is sack of shit after the defeat against Bayern, which is not the case. Seeing this 'oh lol Castan, Strootman and Benatia are so shit' is retarded and laughable at the same time. Having conceded like 7 goals before this match was something when you can say 'well done'. In majority of their matches (especially Benatia) they proved how great they are. Eventhough we wiped their ass last night that doesn't mean they are bad. It's like having conversation with trees. Following the same logic (bar last night) you could say that Chiellini is below average defender seeing his poor form (which unlike in Benatia's case, lasted for over 5 months). So yes, it means absolutely nothing. And yes, Benatia could easily walk into this, or many other top teams from Europe considering his season so far. Should one match change that? If you think yes then you're absolutely brainless.

And now before you start laughing your ass of how I 'defend' Roma players rather turn on some stream and watch him play, before even replying on this or any other post.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not butthurt at all but amazed of the amount of retardism seeing some of the post.

'OMG, HE'S SUCH A BAD PLAYER' after watching the guy for 45 minutes indicates nothing else.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I know, it is ridiculous alright. I watched him play with Udinese enough timea to know he's quality, a little irked we never showed interest in him?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Benatia is an excellent defender and I was impressed with him during his Udinese days. Wanted him here, but unfortunately we had other priorities. His arrival is one of the main reasons for Roma's defensive solidity so far. Those who've seen Roma in the past few years will notice the difference.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Benatia is an excellent defender and I was impressed with him during his Udinese days. Wanted him here, but unfortunately we had other priorities. His arrival is one of the main reasons for Roma's defensive solidity so far. Those who've seen Roma in the past few years will notice the difference.
Zeman

Jul 20, 2012
I'll never understand talks like 'DID YOU SEE HIM LAST NIGHT, OMG!'. Both goes for speaking good and bad for any player out there. It's like saying our whole team is sack of $#@! after the defeat against Bayern, which is not the case. Seeing this 'oh lol Castan, Strootman and Benatia are so $#@!' is retarded and laughable at the same time. Having conceded like 7 goals before this match was something when you can say 'well done'. In majority of their matches (especially Benatia) they proved how great they are. Eventhough we wiped their ass last night that doesn't mean they are bad. It's like having conversation with trees. Following the same logic (bar last night) you could say that Chiellini is below average defender seeing his poor form (which unlike in Benatia's case, lasted for over 5 months). So yes, it means absolutely nothing. And yes, Benatia could easily walk into this, or many other top teams from Europe considering his season so far. Should one match change that? If you think yes then you're absolutely brainless.

And now before you start laughing your ass of how I 'defend' Roma players rather turn on some stream and watch him play, before even replying on this or any other post.
Looking more like a Romanisita more than a Juventino.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)